Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you for your civility!

Boolit Bub
    Just another newbe saying that this is a nice place to visit. I'd volunteer more but usually the questions are already answered or I just don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

When I was a little boy my Mamma told me that " I should be nice...be nice to everyone and they will be nice to you." And then there was that old rule about " doing unto others as you would have them do unto you" . Mom was pretty smart , I find being nice is a lot better than being mean, ugly and spiteful. But that's how Mamma raised me.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I certainly agree with everyone else here . I still belong to three or four of the 'big' gun forums but seldom go there . Some of the behavior is unbelievable for no reason at all . They all have strict rules up but little moderation apparently or simply does not work . I know they have a huge flow of new members ...coming and going .

I have enjoyed my time here , I only load three pistol calibers so I give no advice as there many old hands here that make what I know small and can advise much better . This forum is courteous enough to maintain a political thread and a chapel ....go think about that a min , it says volumes about the mods and members . Most all of us recognize one another on the board , I have met many here that have become friends and hope to meet more . Thank you Robert and all the mods who make it possible .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Some of the behavior is unbelievable for no reason at all . They all have strict rules up but little moderation apparently or simply does not work .
    I was on one large site for 18 years and had some great friends and shared all sorts of trials and tribulations going on in my life over the years. It was a great community. The past few years it has really gone down hill. They had to shut down the religious issues forum because of the all the hatred being spewed. I still go to the other forums on that particular site that deal only with firearms or GSSF matches. But even those are getting nasty.

The latest thread I noticed was about backpage.com being shut down by the feds. Apparently it is/was a craigslist type site for sexual deviants. They were all mad as heck that it was shut down and were celebrating homosexuality and other perversions. Just a bunch of gross people there now.

I'm on this and Mossberg, because sometimes I can get some info specific to the 464 there. But honestly, I only pop in there now and then. I visit this one Mon-Fri, and occasionally on the weekends too.
    I would say that a recent "New Grandbaby!" post made me real, real, jealous though, lol.
    Dave
    Knightflyer - Pesky newbie with a 30-30 & a zillion questions
    "And what I want to say is this, that I'm the King's man; and if this Parliament of Owls is any sort of plot against the King, I'm having nothing to do with it." - C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
    Shalom y'all!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I learned a long time ago that you always try nice first it may not always work but you try. Thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard.

Boolit Master
    I'm a mod at GBO and never had to reprimand anyone in all my time there. I frequent this forum the most, with a few others that are not uncivil in any way. One of the sites I liked shut down last night, so there are about five that I like. This has to be my favorite.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I'm a mod at GBO and never had to reprimand anyone in all my time there. I frequent this forum the most, with a few others that are not uncivil in any way. One of the sites I liked shut down last night, so there are about five that I like. This has to be my favorite.
    Not all staff there are the same. I was having a conversation with Veral Smith on temperature, pressures and lubes, and found myself banned. There was certainly nothing out of line from myself or Veral, but out I went. Never did figure that one out.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Those people have Veral on a pedestal...with a halo...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I too appreciate this site for offering courteous discussions, regardless of whether the "poster" is a "newcomer" or "old timer" (like me) who loves to shoot and search for information related to the "shooting sports". I've heard and read some of the "caustic" remarks made to people new to shooting on some of the other blogs (I belong to at least 5 others) and I wonder why anyone getting into shooting, hunting, and reloading would want to visit them unless they enjoy S&M. I find people on this site seem to be concerned about passing on experiences and knowledge they have acquire, while discussing topics they love, more than they desire to pass on "pet peeves", "superior" knowledge, or personal biases. CastBoolits is like "old home week" rather than an "exclusive club" where only the senior members with the "multiple stars" are given a "stage". I still go to other sites occasionally, but I seldom post anymore for lack of interest in a discussion of how a particular senior member's opinion trumps all others. (I do not mean to imply moderators fall into this category, for I realize it can be a tough job, but some moderators need to be "moderated" along with some of its members.) I've noticed that many of those sites have diminishing "hits" these days, while this site draws comments like "ants to sugar" (could it be the discussions are more "civil?") Thanks for a great site; and letting me post now and then. Kaiser

Boolit Master
    This is a nice place .I read every night here when I am around. People are getting meaner everywhere I see that in my business. I really don't understand why people want to attack religion so much. I would not want to be them when they have to meet the big man upstairs.

Boolit Master
    I am appreciative of the learned discourse of many on here, but, unfortunately, my experience does not mime that of the OP or others posting in this thread. I went from being an active contributor to a lurker/reader only after being viciously attacked several years ago complete with a number of "pile ons".

Not looking for any sympathy, jus the way it is; not interested in the drama or defending myself or my opinions under attack, so will remain in the background; just wanted to say I do appreciate quite a number of contributors here.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.