Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ever had your gun safe broken into?

Boolit Master

Gun safe broken into last year.

Yep, there was a high profile gun safe break in here in SW WA state last year near the town of Randle.
    This guy has a "friend" show up with a couple from Las Vegas and a woman.
    The "friend" gets them all upstairs and keep the homeowner busy while the single lady slips downstairs and begins work on the gunsafe.
    The homeowner smells a rat, orders the three upstairs not to move, and gets downstairs just after the lady gets the safe open. She's jacking a round into a rifle and begins to aim at his head when he shoots her dead.
    He then goes upstairs and shoots his "friend" in the legs and holds the couple from LV for the police.
    The "friend" succumbs to his wounds.
    A very happy ending: Two perps dead, no charges filed against the homeowner, the couple from LV goes to jail, and the guns are safe.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Boolit Buddy
    Tom:

I don't quite understand this story. Two dead, one shot in the leg, did he bleed to death?

The woman shot in the head while aiming at the homeowner certainly needs no explanation, but unless the guy shot in the leg was hit in the femoral artery, how did he die?

In any case, too bad this doesn’t happen more often. If enough burglars were caught in the act &, killed, perhaps the burglary rate would be slowed down drastically.

I was burgled 35 years ago. The thief’s stole thousands of dollars worth of guns, cameras, binoculars, diving equp., ski’s, ect., ect. To this day, I would still like to get my hands on these SOB”S

Richard
    Cat, the other white meat!!

Boolit Master

Hi Richard,

Sorry to not be 100% clear. The news reports weren't entirely clear as to why the homeowner shot his friend in the legs. He wasn't proscetuted, so I'm sure Sheriff Mansfield and the DA winked and let it go.
    Randle is in Eastern Lewis county, and the folks there have an Appalacian mentality (which is fine by me).
    I can only surmise that after the homeowner suddenly and permanently ended the woman's burglary career, he "put paid" to his buddy that probably knowingly, willingly, and purposely brought the scum to his house to rob it.
    I do know that the guy lingered for a while, and later died at the local hospital, so that gave him some time to think about his folly before he passed on to his reward.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
    Tom:

I don't quite understand this story. Two dead, one shot in the leg, did he bleed to death?

The woman shot in the head while aiming at the homeowner certainly needs no explanation, but unless the guy shot in the leg was hit in the femoral artery, how did he die?

In any case, too bad this doesn’t happen more often. If enough burglars were caught in the act &, killed, perhaps the burglary rate would be slowed down drastically.

I was burgled 35 years ago. The thief’s stole thousands of dollars worth of guns, cameras, binoculars, diving equp., ski’s, ect., ect. To this day, I would still like to get my hands on these SOB”S

Richard

Boolit Master

Here's the article...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIGHTING BACK
    Homeowner kills 2 in bizarre burglary
    Man used AR15 rifle to defend himself after 'guest' shot him in ear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 29, 2006
    2:33 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

A Packwood, Wash., man is wounded, but alive, after an evening entertaining visitors turned into a gunfight.
    The homeowner, whose name was not released by authorities, told Lewis County Chief Criminal Deputy Joe Doench that a male friend from nearby Morton, Wash., had arrived Wednesday morning for a visit, bringing with him two women and and a man from Las Vegas he did not know.

The homeowner became suspicious and believed he was being distracted by three of the guests. He retrieved his AR15 semi-automatic rifle and directed the visitors to another part of the house where he discovered that the fourth visitor had broken into his gun safe.

(Story continues below)

According to Seattle's KING-TV, the homeowner found one of the women loading guns from his collection into a truck. When he told her to stop, she fired, hitting him in the ear. He said he fired back, killing her instantly.

The mutual friend of the homeowner and the trio from Las Vegas was also shot several times in the legs. Initial reports from the Longview Daily News suggest he was hit by stray bullets. The wounded man was taken to a nearby hospital but died while waiting to be airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. His name has not been released.

One man and his common-law wife – Jason Brooks, 38, and Natalie Brooks, 44 – are being held on charges of robbery and burglary. Court papers reportedly say that one of them admitted they had wanted to rob the homeowner in order to buy methamphetamine.

At this time, police are treating the incident as a case of self-defense.

"I know the individual," said Gene Seiber of the Lewis County Sheriff's Office. "There's nothing that prohibits [him] by law from possessing firearms.

"Last night he was cooperative, but you could tell he was a little shocky because the fact is he'd been shot," he said.