RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise package

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range jawjaboy's Avatar

Surprise package

This showed up at my place this past week. Unsolicited. Unknowing.

After communication with the sender, it's "well I just wanted you to have 'em."

There are really some fine, stand up, generous folks here.

Small handles
    Mixed brass

Good Deal, yes thier are some mighty fine people here

Boolit Master

You lucky dog!!

Now Somebody send me Million dollars, QUICK

Priority mail is fine
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master

There are some good folks here.
    I cannot tell you what I have learned that has really helped me!
    The stuffy sillywetters at the range actually cover their loads when I go over to talk!
    I have learned a lot here, and it has helped.

Boolit Master
    Well God bless ya! What goes around comes around, REMEMBER?
    BTW our chickens are warm and happy and we are getting eggs. May not seem strange to you down there but we are runnung at zero F at night now and no one else we know is getting eggs. Blessings on ya!
    BIC/Daniel

Oh yeah, I remember. That's good to hear about the eggs. Zero F? Tonight will be our first night below the 50's. Suppose to be ~36F. I'm shaking already.

Boolit Master

Jawjaboy;
    I'd venture a guess that there's someone out there who needs a prayer or two.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Yessir, there sure is PR. Sure is. In this case though, all is well with the sender.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Hey Bullshop, You are making me jealous talking about them fresh eggs. My wife and I have lost all our laying hens but 1 due to coons and possum. The last hen goes into a carrier at night and put in a locked shed. I have set out a trap baited with raw chicken and so far the count is 6 coons; 3 possums and one cat. When the outlaw critters stop being trapped we are going to restock. Nothing better than fresh eggs with those door knob yolks; the city folk won't know what that means. HA!! HA!! Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    Hey Bullshop, You are making me jealous talking about them fresh eggs. My wife and I have lost all our laying hens but 1 due to coons and possum. The last hen goes into a carrier at night and put in a locked shed. I have set out a trap baited with raw chicken and so far the count is 6 coons; 3 possums and one cat. When the outlaw critters stop being trapped we are going to restock. Nothing better than fresh eggs with those door knob yolks; the city folk won't know what that means. HA!! HA!! Take Care
    Ya mean a yolk that is actually YELLOW???
    Shotgun Luckey
    SASS #42629
    I'm not a top Cowboy Action Shooter, so I HAVE to look good doing it.

Included in the care package I got last week was a .429 hollow point mould(200gr). Never used one before, so it was puttin a crawl all over me. I washed/scoured 'er up real good. Dried 'er out real good. Set off to the shop a hoppin 'n skippin. Joy to me.

Got all the gear stoked up, started castin. Biggest mess I ever seen in my life. After about 10 minutes I shut everything down before I hurt somebody.

The mould is in pristeen condition, jes got a lot a dried on oil? on it. Soon as it got to cookin temp there was oil puddlin everywhere. Boolits were wrinkle city. Plus I was makin a lot a d/a moves. I think the joy jes overcome my sensibilities.

I'll give the mould a proper south GA scour as time allows, and get back with ya.

In Remembrance

Some of those yolks are closer to orange when the free range chickens are getting greens. We've been down to the freezing mark a couple of times lately, that's cold enough, but we may get down to that zero later. The best deterrent for critters has been a hot wire at the top of the fence and a good dog. You can hear the coons squall when it gets them. We haven't had chickens for a while now, but I'm getting the itch. DALE

The chickens is the lil womans deal. Empty nest syndrome and all I think, kids all gone from home. I'm just the coop/pen engineer in the scope of things. They are a hoot to watch though.

Boolit Master

I really,really miss my hens too! A home grown egg will stand up proud and pretty in the spider, unlike the friggen things sold at the grocery store that runs half way across pan!

Cast Boolits Owner

I reconize those boolits on the right as H/P's, the middle one looks like the fable wide flat base the is suppose to seal in even the biggest bores. The one on the left looks like the long pointed flat nose. What top punch you use with that one?
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by jawjaboy View Post
    Included in the care package I got last week was a .429 hollow point mould(200gr). Never used one before, so it was puttin a crawl all over me. I washed/scoured 'er up real good. Dried 'er out real good. Set off to the shop a hoppin 'n skippin. Joy to me.

Got all the gear stoked up, started castin. Biggest mess I ever seen in my life. After about 10 minutes I shut everything down before I hurt somebody.

The mould is in pristeen condition, jes got a lot a dried on oil? on it. Soon as it got to cookin temp there was oil puddlin everywhere. Boolits were wrinkle city. Plus I was makin a lot a d/a moves. I think the joy jes overcome my sensibilities.

I'll give the mould a proper south GA scour as time allows, and get back with ya.

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    JJboy; Not trying to steal the thread but the chickens are my wifes thing also. She had each one named and talks with them every morning ; squaking out the back door. Thanks for including the pics as my wife looked at them and said "honey" we could do that !! And look what he did; thats a great idea with the plastic containers.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by no_1 View Post
    The one on the left looks like the long pointed flat nose.
    Robert

No_1, that is the rare, vintage needle nosed Skeeter Skewer.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Well, I told y'all up front that I made dummass errors. Ain't too proud to show ya either. I'm fair and honest. And human.

Good deal Cajun Shooter. Granny loves her chickens. I abide.

Oneokie, I called the one on the left a different name.

Boolit Master
    Say I think I got that mold. Mine makes a 215gn boolit and it shoots good too. I make them without the nose and base enhancments though.
    Thats a perty nice chicken house there. My chickens would be jelous.
    BIC/BS

Super Moderator

..............We had Banty chickens when I was a little kid, and that was in the suburbs! Us 3 boys each had our 'pet' hen. Mine was an orange one, and she once got over the 5' block wall into the neighbors yard and their dog killed her. I was devastated. There was one rooster, and he was as black as coal. Shined with an electric blue tint in the sun. For some odd reason we named him Blacky. He wasn't mean but you could tell he had an attitude We'd go our before school each morning and gather up those small speckled eggs.

Neighbors began to complain about the rooster so we had to get rid of them. My dad, being an old Arkansas depression era farm boy killed'em, cleaned'em, and then froze'em. Mom refused to cook them and us kids couldn't have taken a bite, so after awile dad threw them out.

When we moved out to the country we had chickens. It just ain't country without a few chickens running around the place! We had 6 Rhode Island Reds and 6 Barred Rocks and a really cranky irritating rooster. They all laid well so we had eggs running out our ears. Before work I go gather eggs. Sometimes the hen might still be in the box and a tad resentfull of you stealing her egg so you'd get a peck on the back of your hand. On those chilly mornings it was nice and warm reaching under them.

I'd leave the henhouse door open and they'd all troop out on their missions. In the evening they'd all wander back to the henhouse and go inside. We had a couple that would want to fly up into the lower branches of a tree, but a broom would get them down and back into the henhouse.

I spent many an afternoon sitting on the back steps watching them clucking, scratching and running around. Pretty good entertainment. Every now and then one would be scratching around and somehting would startle them. They'd squawk and shoot up in the air like they'd been shot from a mortar Simple things for simple minds I guess.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance