WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of Colt "Army Special" 32-20 SN 324XXX

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    If there is anyone hereabouts that knows of this 9.3 gent EVER overpaying for a revolver I wish him/her would speak up.... !!! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Grand Master
    Mine cost me 265.00 19 months ago, but it was a 32-20 and missing a bit of finish.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    A thing is only worth what it is worth TO YOU. That Colt single-action in 41 Colt might have been worth $1900 to someone filling a hole in a SAA collection, but to me as a shooter the Kabuki Theater moves required to create ammo for the beast alone railed hard against acquisition. The stratospheric pricing just gilded that particular lily succinctly.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Y'all kinda of lost me with the last few comments, but I do agree that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, at that particular time. Looks like my Army Special is worth about $400 right now! Tomorrow it might be worth $500 or $300 depending on wind. If I found out that gun was my grandfather's, $2,000 couldn't buy it. I think you all gave me a pretty good idea though of it's value today, and that was what I was wondering. Thank You.

Boolit Grand Master

Kabuki Theater moves?? Not hard to load 41Colt at all, you just need the appropriate tools. A modified Lee Crimp Die crimps my boolits in one move. Not really different than a separate crimp die for any loading. Nothing else is significantly different once I trim my cases to the proper length for my boolits.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!