WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your battle rifle

Boolit Master
    Ready ?? Not a loaded gun in the bunch. Ready to go hunting yep. They kill deer just fine walking and or running full speed. I may some day need to have a loaded gun, but not just yet.

Boolit Master
    Remind me again who we're battling?
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    clips?
    you hang them from your shirt?

unless you got a Garand in 45 acp, are putting papers together without staples, or your closing up a bag of chips, you ain't usin no clips.
    This quote is just the kind of response that starts bad feelings and long rants. Perhaps .........
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

My rifles and ammo are ready, but my stinkin' shoulders are another story! It's hell being old and worn out.....

Perm-Banned
    i agree with the above, who are we going to be fighting. is the right afraid of the left now? i would rather trust in God and his Son than a rifle. i couldnt believe someone would post a paranoid post like this. relax and breathe and trust God.

Boolit Master

Well I thought I said battle being a subjective term,rabid skunks,coyotes,mean dog,burgler, innocent bunch of snow flakes whom just want to burn down your neighborhood cause you might be a white facist, ect so on and so forth.
    And no parinoia has nothing to do with this; lots of European Jews circa 1940 and lots of Christian's today in the Middle East would have paid a premium in hind sight to have a little training and a little gear! That boy babysitting his baby brother last week ,no one is calling his father paranoid for having a rifle in the home or teaching his son to use it;three dead bad guys,good people all okay;I'm sure they have a bible in their house as well!

Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    My rifles and ammo are ready, but my stinkin' shoulders are another story! It's hell being old and worn out.....

Like the old farts at my gun club say. "Too young to die, too old to run. Better cover them ears, it's about to get loud for a second."
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by leebuilder View Post
    True that. If I need a loaded gun at home, I realy need to move.
    Be well
    I was a Boy Scout and still subscribe to their motto: "Be Prepared." If you wait to prepare until there is need, it's too late. I live in a semi-rural neighborhood where all of the lots are 1 to 10 acres and the houses range from 2000 to 8000 sq. ft. That is no guarantee that there will never be trouble.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Mine are 'effin ready. Any 'effin time, any 'effin where. BUT, which 'effin one do I grab. *sigh* A real 'effin dilemma.

NICE!
    I love that FN 49.

Uncle R.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle R. View Post
    NICE!
    I love that FN 49.

Uncle R.

Thanks. It's an Egyptian contract. The 8mm barrel is fair not spectacular. It does shoot pretty well though. One day I'm gonna get a wild hair and pull the barrel. The gas system is adjustable so I'm betting I could get a 358 Winchester to run it. A semi auto running full throttle .358 Win just makes me smile.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master
    I dont have a battle rifle, just a few carbines. In case of big trouble I would grab my Ak74 as I have the most ammo for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    Well I thought I said battle being a subjective term,rabid skunks,coyotes,mean dog,burgler, innocent bunch of snow flakes whom just want to burn down your neighborhood cause you might be a white facist, ect so on and so forth.
    And no parinoia has nothing to do with this; lots of European Jews circa 1940 and lots of Christian's today in the Middle East would have paid a premium in hind sight to have a little training and a little gear! That boy babysitting his baby brother last week ,no one is calling his father paranoid for having a rifle in the home or teaching his son to use it;three dead bad guys,good people all okay;I'm sure they have a bible in their house as well!
    For most of these, I wear a 1911 Government in .45acp. Out in the woods I carry cast handloads.

If I have time to grab a rifle, I will choose a .22 rimfire for most of those. If I need to shoot through trees, a Mosin will work.

Most of my hunting is done with a precision rimfire, bow or traditional muzzleloader. I consider those the best tools for that job around here.

Now, were I in bear country, I'd carry a Mosin-Nagant loaded heavy each time I walked in the woods, with maybe a .45 Super on my hip instead of ACP, loaded with hard cast truncated cone.

Here, the biggest threats are probably meth labs.

Regards,

Josh

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Yep . . the old 1855 Springfield is cleaned and oiled, a good supply minie balls cast and plenty of powder and caps . . . . and a good ear to hear the drum when it starts beating assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by leebuilder View Post
    True that. If I need a loaded gun at home, I really need to move.
    Be well
    Well, one hopes you drive with car insurance. Loaded guns are home life safety insurance.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned
    I have two one was made at springfield in 1943 and one was made at tula 1937 they both shoot less than 3 moa at 100 yards.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    I'm sure they have a bible in their house as well!
    Horrible things happen to good people, all the time.

And yes, ready to rock and roll, if called to do so.

Pretty happy with my new NPAP and the dozens of mags I have for it. I figure if I needed more than a few mags then I'm toast anyhow unless my 12 and 16 year old sons are on the roof with their deer rifles

Then we may have a decent chance against a band of marauders. Good thing I put each one in 2nd story bedrooms on either side of the house. We've shot deer out of at least one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Remind me again who we're battling?
    depending on who you ask on the internet , aliens , zombies the North Koreans , Russians , Chinese , ISIS, black helicopters , blue helmets , our "friends" both north or south of the border or BOTH ! Those nasty britts again . The Dutch (very sneaky) Or whoever our gov. Tells us who the bad guys are this month .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

You can never be over-prepared. I was a cop in NYC for twenty years and I carried a revolver 24/7 x 365. It was required. When I retired in '84 I continued to carry as I felt naked without at least a .38 on my hip. In '95 I got into reloading so "save money on ammo". It has cost me probably 45K since then.

I started out with a Lee Loadmaster. It was a disaster. I never could get the priming stuff right. I finally found a Dillon 550 B that needed a home. In the meantime I picked up a few other weapons over the years along with 3 Dillon SD's, a XL 650 for 9 MM's, a Lee turret press, a Lyman Spar T, a Rockchucker, Lee hand press, Lee Challenger, a Frankford arms single stage and a few hundred molds, RCBS Pro Melter, 3 Lee 4-20's, Star Luber with air etc.

I have RTG two M1's with hundreds of clips and 3 ammo boxes full of loaded clips, two SMLE's with four ammo boxes with hundreds of clipper strips loaded, a 8 x 57 commercial Mauser with two boxes of loaded stripper clips, a SKS with 500 loaded rounds, another Mauser custom rifle rebarreled into 6.5x55MM and ammo, 2 38-55 Winchester rifles one a H&R Target single shot for BPCR and a Marlin 336 Cowboy, a 50-90 Sharps by Winchester a model 1885 and ammo up the kazoo, a Winchester 94 (circa '29) with two ammo cans full of fodder, a CZ 527 FS in .223 and about a thousand rounds in ammo cans, a CZ 452 in .22LR with 10 bricks of ammo and a 12 gauge slide shotgun by Winchester in model 97 including bayonet and metal heat shield.

Then we start with handguns. A Taurus 1911 in .45 ACP, a Smith & Wesson Model 57 4" in 41 Magnum, a Browning Hi-Power in 9 MM, a EAA Witness Match Elite in 9 MM, a Sig P2022 in 9 MM, four Ruger Blackhawks in 327 Federal Magnum, .30 Carbine, 357 Magnum, 44 Special, a Ruger Redhawk Toklet model in 45ACP/45Colt/454 Casull, a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in .44 Special and another in 327 Federal Magnum. Along with these are a large amount of ammo for each in ammo cans, magazines, moon clips and loose.

I also have the means and materials to make ammo as I have over 3000 pounds of alloy, almost 100K in primers and sufficient powder to make an additional 100k in loaded ammo.

The firearms are housed in a safe that it bolted down and well hidden. The powder and primers along with the alloy are kept in a small storage facility about 2 miles away from my residence. My neighbors have no idea that I even have a gun much less that I cast my own projectiles, load my own ammo or have a gun collection. All my deliveries including catalogs and the like go to a different address than mine and not even the postman has clue about my business.

The only problem is that I am 75 years of age and I can't run so good....so I will stand and defend what it mine to the death.

Boolit Master

My rifles are more ready than I am. They are cleaned, sighted, and close at hand. And I won't keep anything that is not reliable. I have a couple of bolt guns for long range work. A couple of AR's for medium range, and shotguns and handguns for close in. I believe in redundancy. All are reliable and ready. And I will run out of time before I run out of ammo.

The weak link in this is me. As someone noted previously, it's hell getting old. Eyesight fades, reflexes slow and Arthur(itis) is a constant companion. But if someone comes looking for a fight they will find me home.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment