Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data

View Poll Results: I would donate this many servicable condition No 4 .303" rifles and ship them.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.41%

0 0%

1 2.70%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

5 13.51%
  • pie

29 78.38%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Would you donate a No. 4 .303" rifle to the Canadian Rangers?

In Remembrance
    Bruce, by capable, I was talking more about getting the job done than their shooting abilities. When I first started driving through Northern alberta,BC and the Yukon, I rarely saw trash on the side of the road, a roadsign with bullet holes in it was pretty much non existant, and rare except for the occassional grocery truck headed to Ak would I see anyone speeding or driving erratic in any way. All of this, and usually would not see the first cop in 1500 miles of road. I have met a few, and just figured there was a reason that folks there were well behaved. lol

runfiverun,

I could careless about Canada's Rangers getting any GUNS or this Guy wanting people to donate them. Along with pictures of serial numbers. What a f$&@ing joke.
    I have an uncle who lives in Toronto. I new nothing about the Ranger's before yesterday and I new even less about Lee-Enfields. Sure I had heard of them, but knew nothing of their history. I was just educating myself about all the Enfields. Their length of service throughout the world's history. Starting with Lee and then the Brit's etc. This the first form I have ever joined. I thought those to stories were interesting. I was teaching myself on how to share a link. I figured most people thought that the rangers were like the national guard. I did. No doubt Mexico or the Middle East has no trouble getting all the guns they need. I have no doubt the Canadians will either. Why would the go with the old design and not something newer and more effective? Until later in the day did I know of the gunman and what had transpired.

Anyway, like I said I am not wrapped up in this. I am just learning how to type better and use the features of posting.
    Last edited by minmax; 10-26-2014 at 09:47 AM.

I respect the Rangers, but would not donate. Let Canada take care of their troops as they should be.

Anyone ever seen the targets they are using in the video for sale?

Banned

okay, fair enough.
    learning a guns history is a very worth while pursuit.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by minmax View Post
    runfiverun,

I could careless about Canada's Rangers getting any GUNS or this Guy wanting people to donate them. Along with pictures of serial numbers. What a f$&@ing joke.
    I have an uncle who lives in Toronto. I new nothing about the Ranger's before yesterday and I new even less about Lee-Enfields. Sure I had heard of them, but knew nothing of their history. I was just educating myself about all the Enfields. Their length of service throughout the world's history. Starting with Lee and then the Brit's etc. This the first form I have ever joined. I thought those to stories were interesting. I was teaching myself on how to share a link. I figured most people thought that the rangers were like the national guard. I did. No doubt Mexico or the Middle East has no trouble getting all the guns they need. I have no doubt the Canadians will either. Why would the go with the old design and not something newer and more effective? Until later in the day did I know of the gunman and what had transpired.

Anyway, like I said I am not wrapped up in this. I am just learning how to type better and use the features of posting.
    Now that you are a part of this forum, be prepared for a wild ride!
    When you open a book and turn the page you have no idea where it will lead. This forum is like turning pages for an entire library!
    Welcome aboard!

From Minmax's link
    http://www.casr.ca/mp-enfield.htm

A New Canadian Ranger Rifle is to have a composite stock ( 'Monte Carlo' profile with raised cheekpiece), rail mounts for sighting options, and the all-important re-chambering for civilian .308" Winchester/military 7.62mm NATO ammunition. The latter offers a chance to introduce the cold hammer-forged barrel making technique Colt Canada inherited from Diemaco.[3] The former features are all available as commercial-off-the-shelf items.

In the past, CASR reviewed options for converting existing Lee-Enfields to the desired .308" Winchester / 7.62mm NATO round. This has been done by other militarizes in the past but it fails to address the issue of spare parts. Canada was offered a new-build 7.62mm Lee-Enfield. And this made good sense as Lee-Enfields are the Canadian Rangers' preferred weapon. But DND regarded the makers of the new-build rifle, AIA, [1] as unsuitable as a military supplier.

M10-B2 - ‘The top of the line model’, 7.62 NATO, 640mm heavy barrel a la L42A1. Steel blue-black finish, teak hardwood stock with chamfered edges, hand oiled. Adjustable foresight, elevation & windage. 10-rd. box magazine like US M14. ‘L’ aperture for 200 & 400 metres. Comes with Picatinny steel rail for ‘scope sight. Option military butt & cheekrest like L42.
    Bolt design is improved by utilizing only one size of non-rotating bolt head (as opposed to original design that relied on several sizes of bolt heads to maintain proper headspace on different rifles).

Features:
    For the true enthusiast, the Picatinny rail will mount quality Leupold, Kahles, S&B, Hensoldt and military 26mm diameter tube telescopes, night sights, Harris bipod, &
    4-groove hard chrome chordal rifling, hard chrome chamber, recessed muzzle crown.

Accessories:
    Rifles come with spare magazine, steel Picatinny rail (both numbered to rifle), trigger guard sling swivel, front sight adjusting tool, &c.
    Options:
    US Pattern sniper sling (in buffalo hide), Leather cheekpiece cover, Monte Carlo stock

Australian International Arms produced their M10 B2 rifle in .308" Winchester for sports shooting (also in .303" and 7.62x39) but DND did not consider the M10 "a military product".
    So why didn't DND consider the AIM M10 B2 a suitable rifle? Was it the wooden stock?
    Was it lack of after purchase parts?

Can't import them to the US as some of the work/parts is done in Vietnam. Pity as I'd like one.
    Last edited by Artful; 10-26-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

But yet we can buy clothing from Viet Nam.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Banned

heck yeah, one of those no4 mk4's would be sweet, wouldn't mind a brand new B-10 model either.
    I'd just as soon have it in 303 as 308 though.

that ad reminds me of the ones you used to see in the back pages of gun magazines, when you could just order one and they'd mail it right to your house.

Boolit Grand Master

On night Patrol I use to listen to the BBC castigate the American's and the American GUN CULTURE and I thought back to all the guns that were collected and donated to the... Defence of the British Isles. Now Canada want's help??? Are THEY going to be any more greatfull? Maybe as greatfull as say France or England ? I have a pretty good stock of spares for my 303's but I think I will save them for me and mine this time.

In Remembrance
    KSCO Nobody said Canada wants help, in fact they probably wouldn't take them if there was people stupid enough to try to give them to them. I am sure the rangers are looking forward to getting NEW rifles, and not wanting to replace there worn ones with some exactly like them.

This whole scheme would be just like some guy in Canada coming up with the hairbrained idea that they should take up a collection of trapdoors, to resupply some of our national guard.

Banned
    I have a No. 4 Mk1* that was made in America, sent to the UK, most likely used in Europe, then sent to India, and then somehow sent back to the USA. I think it's traveled enough.

Oh, and I like pie.

This will be resurrecting an ancient thread, but just for your information the Canadian Rangers are FINALLY being issued a new, better suited for the job, replacement rifle. They will be issued Sako / Tikka T3 NCCR rifles (New Canadian Ranger Rifle) in stainless steel and laminated wood stock in .308 Winchester / 7.62 Nato. They are a custom production gun with features that were specifically ordered by the Rangers hence the NCCR designation. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but there has been some suggestion that the Ranger members might be able to buy their old, issue Lee Enfield No. 4 .303 rifles from the government and keep them for personal use. Just thought you might like to know ...

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/nation...nadian-rangers
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

I wouldn't mind one of the new ones!

Doesn't look like Tikka will be selling any of this model to the general public since it is a custom production run just for the Canadian Rangers, but who knows ... maybe down the road this model might become available for public purchase?
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Not me there big boys let them figure it out thats what men do. Ithink the empire and her subjects have gotten enough of our guns Canada can build a rifle for her Rangers come on how hard can that be.Something does't smell to fresh to me!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm sitting here scratching my head, wondering how in the hell they wore out a #4?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

NO! period. their goverment's problem + 4 year old thread.