WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lesson learned about shippng primed brass

Boolit Buddy
    M-Tecs, Good job !! I recently retired from operating my own"Mom & Pop" shipping store after 26 years of doing so. I was in contact almost daily with UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL Internaional regarding their Rules, Regulations and Tariffs. I had to dig into these documents almost on a daily basis to disspell much of the BS they attempted to force upon me. As such I long ago came to one conclusion, and you can quote me on this -- The least knowledgeable person regarding any carriers Rules, Regulations, or Tariffs is the carriers representative..

If shipping via UPS take your items directly to the closest UPS Hub or Commercial Counter. That does not include The UPS Store. UPS Rules treat these franchised store owners almost exactly as they treated me as an independent UPS Authorized Ship Center (ASO). There are a multitude of items that are allowed to be shipped via the UPS Hub that are prohibited from being shipped at a The UPS Store or an ASO location such as mine. This all has to do with UPS rules and not city, state or federal laws..

Again -- Good job. Others would be wise to follow your advise..

Ron H

Quote Originally Posted by tmc-okc View Post
    M-Tecs, Good job !! I recently retired from operating my own"Mom & Pop" shipping store after 26 years of doing so. I was in contact almost daily with UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL Internaional regarding their Rules, Regulations and Tariffs. I had to dig into these documents almost on a daily basis to disspell much of the BS they attempted to force upon me. As such I long ago came to one conclusion, and you can quote me on this -- The least knowledgeable person regarding any carriers Rules, Regulations, or Tariffs is the carriers representative..

If shipping via UPS take your items directly to the closest UPS Hub or Commercial Counter. That does not include The UPS Store. UPS Rules treat these franchised store owners almost exactly as they treated me as an independent UPS Authorized Ship Center (ASO). There are a multitude of items that are allowed to be shipped via the UPS Hub that are prohibited from being shipped at a The UPS Store or an ASO location such as mine. This all has to do with UPS rules and not city, state or federal laws..

Again -- Good job. Others would be wise to follow your advise..

Ron H
    That's what I've been talking about for so long!!!