Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: has this happened to anyone else

My wife is tolerant of small mice, spiders & snakes. She wont freak out she just calmly has me take care of them. I think the only think she freaks out over small paychecks. (LOL)
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Boolit Master
    Being from Thailand my wife don't mind anything. She has brought home a bat, a raccoon. A snake in the kitchen brought in by the cats to play with she just threw it outside. Some of the things that she says taste so good, I'm almost scared of HER, lol.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Super Moderator

Yup, it's spiders mostly. She shows no mercy and screams bloody murder. By the time I get over there, it's either in the vacuum cleaner or it's a splotch on the carpet due to a beat down with a shoe. Truthfully, she hates bugs of any kind and beats them senseless with whatever she can get her hands on.

Boolit Master

She don't like spiders and snakes, and that is not what it takes to love me (SONG)
    Yes, not even funny
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    My girl doesn't have a problem with rats or mice. Just the initial startle factor. I've even seen her tormenting the mice in the barn.

She runs a Victor, like it's a trap line.

With all the damage the rodents cause, I need all the help I can get.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Master
    bats and did I say bats .

Bats screech something awful when you catch them in your bosses light jacket, just saying pretty horrid sound. Don't think boss was amused. Everyone else didn't care how the bat was removed as long as it was gone. He can wash the coat.

I get mice at the reloading bench in the basement, found one dead in a 5 gallon bucket with some corncob media in it. Went in and couldn't get out. Wife doesn't care about them being killed with the traps, she just doesn't want to see them afterwards. Ours are considerable smaller than those of bullwolf.

Was at the bench running a press when trap went off that was along base of wall under that same bench, couldn't have been more than 3 feet from my feet yet that mouse was cruising for food. Have to put the traps where dog can't get them, dog would go for the peanut butter too. Dog she kills mice from time to time, keeps getting worms from illing those or bunnies.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Moderator Emeritus

having been bit by a brown recluse I have no love for spiders. But it was a freak event, it was in a box shipped to me from OK. I was unpacking a telescope and felt something on my bare ankle then it bit me. I swatted it and the doc confirmed it when I brought the spider in. I lost a silver dollar sized piece of flesh on my ankle from it and it took 6 months to heal. I saw a spider scoot from the box so put 2 and 2 together. But spiders have a short life span if I see them! Except daddy long legs and the look alike cellar spiders(daddy long legs has 2 body segments, cellar spider an oval body). They eat a lot of the other spiders so I let them be as long as they are not where I walk into a web.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    My wife and spiders are a no no.

Moderator Emeritus

My house is old, I seem to get 2-3 bats every fall that wake me up as they dive bomb past my face. I just open the door upstairs and shoo them out. Once they hibernate in the attic it isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy (punchie) View Post
    bats and did I say bats .

Yep, mice and snakes will drive my better 3/4's up the wall. If she sees a mouse, she usually just dances in one spot, trying to tell me what she saw. It usually takes quite a while before she can talk straight. Course it doesn't help that I am usually laughing too hard that it takes me a while before I can help her. Sorry, it is just funny.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Buddy
    Most women are afraid of the deadly one-eyed trouser snake........

Boolit Master
    I can imagine seeing this! LOL!

My wife doesn't like vermin either but in the past has set traps. I get to clean them out though.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    mine isn't too bad with mice.
    but someone else will be killing it for her.
    now a snake.
    you even touch a snake and your not getting near her.

little girl would kill a mouse with a spoon if necessary [or make a pet out of it] but a tiny little spider....OMG you better hope the shotgun ain't close.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Master
    Not mice, but centipedes, I've had to rescue my wife and her best friend from them. That's OK, the best friend feeds me so I don't mind driving over to kill a centipede.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Moderator Emeritus

What a funny thread! I have mild phobias about spiders, heights, and needles. I lose ALL my macho around a hypodermic! I'm a lot better with it, now that I've been poked so many times as I have now, but it still makes me uneasy.

My wife on the other hand ..... well, when our son was about 3 years old, and was just learning you can make things up, and often, they're really funny, sat laughing to himself one day, and Judy asked him what he was giggling about. He rather sheepishly said he didn't think he sould tell her. She kept after him, and finally, he pointed at her shoulder, and said, "You've got a spider on your shoulder," in a very matter of fact sort of way, other than the giggling. He knew she didn't like bugs. Well, the reaction was immediate and involuntary, and she ripped that blous off in the twinkling of an eye, and threw it down on the floor and was dancing around it like some sort of insane 'war dance.' So there she was, in her bra and slacks, and dancing like I'd never seen her dance before, and my son laughing, and I was mystified by all of it! This put my son in full fledged belly laughs that he couldn't stop! I was shocked and asked what was the matter. My son finally, through the belly laughs, said, "I was only teasing!" and the look on my wife's face was one that I couldn't tell whether it meant, "We're gonna' have to make another son" or "Gee, I'm glad it wasn't anything real." So .... she finally went back to the bedroom and got another blouse to wear, got that blouse and threw it in the washer (even though she knew it was a prank and not true, she was NOT going to wear that blouse again until it had been thoroughly washed, and I suspected she may have washed it twice just for good measure!). I learned therein to NEVER tempt or tease her with ANY kind of bug! The female really IS the deadlier of the species, when properly motivated!!! I'm just glad I survived that lil' incident without becoming a casualty!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    What a funny thread! I have mild phobias about spiders, heights, and needles. I lose ALL my macho around a hypodermic! I'm a lot better with it, now that I've been poked so many times as I have now, but it still makes me uneasy.

My wife on the other hand ..... well, when our son was about 3 years old, and was just learning you can make things up, and often, they're really funny, sat laughing to himself one day, and Judy asked him what he was giggling about. He rather sheepishly said he didn't think he sould tell her. She kept after him, and finally, he pointed at her shoulder, and said, "You've got a spider on your shoulder," in a very matter of fact sort of way, other than the giggling. He knew she didn't like bugs. Well, the reaction was immediate and involuntary, and she ripped that blous off in the twinkling of an eye, and threw it down on the floor and was dancing around it like some sort of insane 'war dance.' So there she was, in her bra and slacks, and dancing like I'd never seen her dance before, and my son laughing, and I was mystified by all of it! This put my son in full fledged belly laughs that he couldn't stop! I was shocked and asked what was the matter. My son finally, through the belly laughs, said, "I was only teasing!" and the look on my wife's face was one that I couldn't tell whether it meant, "We're gonna' have to make another son" or "Gee, I'm glad it wasn't anything real." So .... she finally went back to the bedroom and got another blouse to wear, got that blouse and threw it in the washer (even though she knew it was a prank and not true, she was NOT going to wear that blouse again until it had been thoroughly washed, and I suspected she may have washed it twice just for good measure!). I learned therein to NEVER tempt or tease her with ANY kind of bug! The female really IS the deadlier of the species, when properly motivated!!! I'm just glad I survived that lil' incident without becoming a casualty!
    If only he had thought to do that when ya'll was out having a meal at a restaurant...

Banned

if only Dennis had figured that out 5 years sooner....

SWMBO doesn't care like spiders or mice, no screaming, just gets away from the area fast.
    Eldest daughter age 46 now has always been scared to death of clowns and the song "They're coming to take me away"
    She doesn't know why but she has been that way since she was a little girl

In Remembrance
    When I was younger I would torment folks I worked with if I found out they were really afraid of snakes. This got me the chance to look down more than one barrel, and even the chance to duck and dodge live fire a few times.
    One such time was a black guy running a scraper, I acted like I was going to throw a snake at him, he went right out thegate on the scraper to his car and returned with a 38. By that time I was up talking to the boss, and told him why he had left the jobsite on the scraper. He came up slowly makeing sure I didn't have a snake in my hands and stuck that 38 in my face, shaking so bad that chances were good he would have missed if I didn't move. I was laughing and ask him what the deal was, he wasn't afraid of a little grass snake was he. lol I will never forget his answer, he claimed he wouldn't even watch a snake on TV. lol