Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Precision is new sponsor?

Boolit Master
    I am a Lee fan. No everything they make is not perfect, but neither are other brands. The new Classic Cast presses are awesome. Everyone complains about the old Challengers, but mine still works and never broke, and I resized monsters and a lot of them on it. The turret presses are the best thing for a reloader to speed up pistol cartridge reloading with and still maintain a high level of control. I own lots of brands, but if I could only buy one it would be Lee. I still prefer my iron bullet moulds from RCBS and Lyman, and one favorite NEI aluminum I have, but maybe I'll get in a group buy and that'll change.
    Welcome Lee!

Boolit Buddy
    I have some Lee products and they seem to work OK, but I sent an email awhile back asking if they could make their 20 lb. production pot into a shotmaker. They sent me back a snotty email saying they don't want to modify their products and don't recommend that they be modified. HMMM. Seems to me they should want to SELL STUFF and it shouldn't be THAT hard to make up a design that would work. It would be a lot cheaper than the shotmakers already on the market. Sponsor that.
    If you want your children to follow in your footsteps, be careful where you walk.
    Beware the man that only owns one gun; he probably knows how to use it.
    Some things never change; others change more slowly.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'm glad the Lee has become a sponsor. I do own some Lee products. The Lee products that I have work very well. I have several sets of their dies, sizers and one of their pro powder measures. Most of my major equipment is Dillon, RCBS, Lyman, Redding and so on.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master
    Whether you like Lee equipment or not, you have to admit they have introduced more people to casting and reloading than any other company. My first handloading tool was a Lee loader, and I've remained a loyal customer ever since.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Buddy
    I own allot of RCBS stuff and I have a Dillon 550 as well. I use allot of Lee dies in the 550 and I have a Classic Turret that I love! I think all of the Lee products are a great value. I think some folks mistake inexpensive for a poor value. I too would bet that Lee Precision has helped more new hand loaders cut their teeth than any other

Boolit Grand Master

If it wasn't for Lee products I never would have gotten into reloading or casting because I couldn't afford the set up of the other brands. They don't make the best but they certainly make good products. I don't see how they can sell some of their stuff as cheap as they do and still keep enough profit line to keep the company going. I know their stuff isn't perfect and I can't understand why they don't make some improvements to seemingly easy fix items but they are coming out with some real good stuff and they have been expanding their products.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Grand Master

I bought my first Lee Loader for 12 ga. shotgun about 40 years ago, then one for .45-70, then 9mm, then .30-30. I was a teenager with little money so if I wanted to shoot I had to reload, and I had to do that cheap. I did a lot of reloading with the simple, inexpensive and indestructible Lee Loaders. The Lee Loaders got me going and I have since bought many other Lee products.

I still have several Lee Loaders but also have a press, a Lee press (it is about 20 years old) and mostly Lee dies.

I guess I am a satisfied customer.

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master
    So, ......... what's better? Ford or Chevy? Obviously there is no absolute answer. You like what you like and if it works for you, go for it. I like Lee, have tons of Lee stuff, and yes, have had some problems here and there. I have C&H, Lyman, Dillon, RCBS, & others, and have had some problems with them, too. Many of my "problems" have been operator induced, but still I manage to make them all work. I'm very glad to have Lee as a sponsor to this site. Look forward to the information exchange.

Boolit Master

+1 - And I certainly hope Dick Lee will occasionally grace us with his presence.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Lee has made their way into the reloading market by being the least expensive product available. That's OK, because some people get into reloading to save money. It was probably this angle that made their marketing/sales strategy a wise one.

However, the kind of guys that are into our hobby are usually past the "save-money" angle and are in this as a hobby. Casting boolits and reloading are getting to be more of the point for me, and shooting is just a way to get the cases empty so I can do my real hobby over again....

That said, what I look for is good design and innovation or making a product that is just right. I have blue, green, orange, black and red on my reloading bench. I'll buy whoever makes the right design. Often, that is Lee. I have several pieces of Lee equipment. Not because they were cheap, but because they had the best design.

I learned on and used a Rock Chucker for years, but after I saw the decapping catch-tube through the ram, the adjustable angle and left/right handedness of the handle, and the solidness of construction, I bought a Lee Classic Cast press to replace the Rock Chucker.

When it comes to this website and their 6-cav. moulds, the price + custom design + production level vs. wait to get them and occasional issues with quality (whether it be tolerances, the fact they are aluminum, or finishing of the cavities, all of which I've heard talked about here), I still think they're a heck of a deal. Lee is a good fit for this site.

In Remembrance

Welcome Lee Precision.

I do hope that Richard Lee himself checks in here occaisonally.

With a somewhat basic education in marketing and business management, In my humble opinion, I feel that Lee could not have found a better place to bang his buck.

Market research is a lot better/easier/more profitable, if you can access the people that actually use your products.

I have found myself using more Lee products such as bullet moulds and the auto prime tool in the last few years. Good stuff.

Life is good

Lee Precision inc.:
    Welcome and thank you for your sponcership. It is good to know you think enough about Cast Boolits and its members to help us with much needed funds.

I must state that before I was a Cast Boolit member I stayed away from Lee Products, however the knowledge on this board is vast and well trusted by its fellow members I now have Moulds and Lee Die's in service. The best advertisment is by word of mouth or in my case "In The Words of Cast Boolits" I'm sure you will find, as well as its members is something good for all.

If it were not for Cast Boolits I would have not likely Have Lee Products in my Reloading Room.

Thank You Again & Welcome.

Don

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    Another welcome to Lee Precision. Thanks for supporting our sport as well as looking out for the little guy.

Dave

In November of 1984 I got my Lee 2001 Challenger press kit. That is when I received my Springfield M1A and I needed the press to satisfy the rifle's voratious appetite for ammo.

My 24-year-old Challenger press is still doing great and I recently bought the Lee Classic Cast because I got into shooting .50 BMG. The Classic press is fantastic!

Lee is responsible for getting more folks onto to the ground floor of the shooting sports than anyone else in the last 25 years, maybe longer. Before them it was probably Lyman, but they priced themselves out of the prime spot.

rl404
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Grand Master
    It has become the " cool thing " to bash Lee. Not me, even if you're buying RCBS, Redding, etc., and never plan to own any Lee products, ask yourself the question..." If Lee wasn't in the game, what would I be paying for these dies ? "

Ben

Boolit Master
    Wow, everyone has an opinion here and most are close to the same!!! Unheard of!!!! Value pretty much sums up the Lee line. I have a Lee pot and some moulds. I have replaced most of my RCBS neck sizers with the Lee Collet sizers and usually use the seater also, after replacing the factory lock nut. I could spend $100 for a RCBS or Redding competion sizer, but for me, the Lee dies kick out accurate rifle ammo. If money wasn't an issuse, sure I'd have Redding comp bushing sizers and comp seaters, but I don't think I will every be willing to go there. Welcome Lee from a newbie!!!
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master

Well, I've got about 20 different LEE 6 cavity moulds, so I support them as well. Have 6 more on the way. Have a couple Dillon presses and a single stage RCBS, and dies from everybody. I just like to use what works. It is amazing how well some of their stuff works even though they use so much plastic. Must be good engineering, sure isn't 'cause they make it beefy. Kinda like airplanes in that respect.

Boolit Mold
    I am a long standing user of Lee products--and others , too--- and have always found Lee products to be of high quality and presented at a fair and affordable price.
    Ben is certainly correct when he points out that without Lee the others would have raised the priced beyond a lot of folks reach.

Glad to have Lee Precision as a sponsor.
    Let'a all remember that and also take note of those who have failed to do so.

MANY THANKS, LEE.----PLEASE, KEEP UP YOUR FINE WORK.
    IT IS NOTED AND APPRECIATED!

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I far prefer Lee dies to any other. The decapper rods are HARD and strong. How strong- well let me relate....

I've had about 3 stuck cases. 2 on lee dies, 1 on RCBS.

Lee dies- to clear the stuck case I removed the collet holding the decapper, then, figuring I'd ruin it, whaled on the expander/decapper rod with a sledge hammer. 10, 12 hits later it popped the case out.

The decapper was not bent or damaged.

I tried the same with an RCBS. One tiny tap and the expander rod with all its intricate threads folded like an accordion. I subsequently used a punch to drive out the case. They DID replace it free, no question, but I know which was better in my book.

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Lee products, long my your banner fly here. (OK, a typo on the word MAY) fingers don't always wrk lik thy us too.

Jim
    Last edited by Swagerman; 08-27-2008 at 08:15 PM.