Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Dillon case feeder problem solved.

Dillon case feeder problem solved.

Using the dillon case feeder with 300 bo brass i found a fix that allows smooth case feeding. A fix that costs absolutely nothing. On the feeder discarge opening, on the left side is a piece of metal. It works to protect the plastic case feeder bowl. Simply tilt the top of the metal gaurd to the right. The right position will make an angle, bottom of the metal postion normal, top canted to the right. Insert 1/4" or so of shim, plastic toilet shim in my case, into the gap you create. Moving the metal allows the mouth first cases to pass over and then drop as the body clears the feeder body. Cases in proper orientation drop normally. Fill or feed slowly and allow all the cases to orient long ways or you get jams. Initial fill with small akro size bin. Go slow and you will find the best case count to fill er up. You can load a lot of cases without cases sliding under the plate.

You should take a picture of the metal mouth size adjuster you mean and the way you have it set. I had to move mine to the right a little to get .223 cases to feed correctly. As for cases getting under the case feed plate, that has to do with the metal hub in the center not interfacing with the motor shaft correctly. I was having that issue and called Dillon and they sent me a new hub to install in the case feed plate. I don't have that issue any more.

There are three ways I have tried it, the two pistol plates with the washer or the SRP and slide the tab over.

They have also had two different funnels on the later collators, the older is the rectangle that requires an insert for some pistol cases and the current round funnel.

300 bo brass has given me fits. A cant believe such a simple fix was possible. Never had problems wity any other calibers to date.

Boolit Buddy
    I just tried it on mine and it worked perfectly!! No more upside down cases in 300 BO.
    Thanks a million!