Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flakey Remington Golden Bullets, what to do?

RWS pickups and failures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1077.jpg  

Remington pickups and failures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1076.jpg  

I collected 286 rounds out of that plastic cup
    not so scientific data but it's still data ��

Boolit Master

You'd have to know how many rounds of each were used in order to make a comparison. As most people know how horrible Remington rimfire ammo is, there were probably only two guys trying to shoot it.

I collected 286 rounds out of that plastic cup
    not so scientific data but it's still data 🤓

You can add the numbers up or judge by this picture of what majority of shooters were using
    for the record I collected two cups of pickups same make up in both cups
    would you like the failure percentages also?

We offeres sold Augilla and Minimags at the match so that was the large number of those collected ✌��️
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1079.jpg  

Boolit Master

I can only go by my own experience in these things. I have shot tons of Mini Mags and the failure has been almost non-existent. So there must have been a ton of ammo expended where you collected these duds.

Remington might make the best 22 ammo on earth these days, but I will never find out. I don't buy them and haven't for years and years. If others' reports are true it doesn't look like much has changed.

Boolit Master
    i picked up a 1400 bucket of remington golds a few months ago at cabelas in ashville, i shot a clip full in a 22-45, they all did what they are supposed to. last week i found a 555 box winchesters 36gr 1280fps hpcp, havn't tried them yet. in the middle of shortage i got 2k of norma tac-22's and they wont even cycle a custom remington 597 target rifle. I recently got a couple hundred browning cphp 22's with velocity rating of 1400+fps looking forward to trying them the price was fair at $0.09-$0.10 each.
    I guess i'm going to get to casting and load up on 22 hornet and 25-20's

I like Remington rimfire ammunition. I'll keep buying it. There's a reason they're still making it.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Mold
    Dragon 813 everyone has an opinion, I told of my experience with this round

Boolit Master
    I pick up .22 duds when I find them. I believe many of the "duds" are due to light firing pin strikes because so many of them fire without hesitation in my designated "ammo recycling" revolver.

Boolit Mold
    Try cleaning your guns and see what results you get

Boolit Master

Don't much like to SHOOT Remington .22 but I do like the empties for swaging .223 . Seems to be much cleaner inside - my unproven thought is the primer compound must burn better and cleaner - when they go off !

Boolit Master

Our family goes through a lot of 22lr over 6 months of the year. Over the past 5 years we have shot value packs of Remington, Federal and the smaller packs of Winchester. Also several buckets of the Remington golden bullets. Very few failed to fire 1st time around - 99.9% fired 2nd time around.

At 50 to 75 feet they all grouped within a nickel, sometimes a quarter, when fired from a rest with 6X scope - we would have an occasional flyer using any brand of 22lr except when using the older Remington Match 22's - they held consistent.

For the past 6 months - I haven't seen any Remington buckets but have seen a lot of Federal 325 round cartons of "target grade" 22 lr and they don't shoot any better in our rifles than the value packs of Federal or Remington.

We mainly shoot Ruger 10/22's rifles and the handguns are either the Ruger single 6 or the Mark II. When we unlimber the Winchester 75 and the S&W 41 - match grade ammo will hold tighter but since we aren't shooting for money, we find the Remington golden bullet and the others very capable of killing sparrows at 25 yards - the rifles will do the same out to 50 yards. Shooting at 100 yards, well we can hit cans occasionally and when we miss, which is a lot, we kick dirt pretty close to the can - and this is shooting offhand.

Boolit Grand Master

One in one thousand failure rate with Remington Golden Bullet. Call me a skeptic.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Mold
    I had the same result with the Rem target 22's in 2 different target pistols, one a S&W 41 and the other a vintage High Standard tack driver, if memory serves me right, we had 19 ftfire in a 100rd box....junk ammo and never a response after repeated attempts at contact with them.