Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KelTec Sub 2000 problem

I must be the lucky one I call mine the hog for a reason, whenever I'm cleaning my gun room and find misc loaded 9mms rounds I put them in a 30 cal can and at the end of the year I take my gen 2 sub2000 and shoot them all. I have never once had a failure in I bet, 10,000rounds I keep mine in my car with a bunch of Glock 33 round mags loaded with the Lee 358-125 FN book it with a +p charge and I keep a 33 rounder loaded with Speer 147 jhp

I would NEVER even think about selling mine!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    I would second Randy's post on Keltec. I purchased a P3AT .380 a few years ago. After about 1500-1700 rounds (all max loads and some 120 gr.before I got my Ranch dog Mold) the slide cracked. Keltec sent me a new complete top end no charge. A few hundred rounds later the trigger broke and I sent the gun back to KT and they repaired it no charge and returned it to me. I don't know where you could get better service than that! BTW the gun is my regular carry gun, still functional today.
    As a general rule, prefer guns that don't exhibit catastrophic failures early in their service life.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a 40S&W Sub 2000. It had feed issues to. There really isnt a feed ramp in these things, it just has a bevel, the edge was a bit sharp on mine. I filed and polished a bit more of a ramp, not enough where the case is unsupported, didnt take much. Mine works with 9mm mags now.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Futrell View Post
    So in essence I will have to make my own bullets because I need round nose 40 cal. I have not started reloading yet just starting to get into it. Actually that means I will not have to get rid of the gun. I really like it but the RN problem was causing me issues because I could not find them to buy them.
    Get a hi point and you won't have that problem I haven't shot cast in it yet but it feeds aluminum steel brass anything I feed it but I do want a kel tec in 9

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Kel- Tec is not a bad company to deal with. However due to the nature of their products and the demand for them they do ship some guns with problems out.

They will fix the gun all you have to do is get them to send you a return slip.

My .40 Glock has never malfunctioned, and I'm sure whatever is wrong with yours is minor.

Randy
    And I'm sure they are like lee they make you pay the postage on something that's there fault and should of been right from the factory

Agree about the Hipoint, I have one in .40sw and I have shot nothing but cast through it. .401 175 gr truncated cone, shoots like gangbusters. I have yet to have a FTF or FTE.

Granted the fold feature is interesting, but the hipoint is dead simple with hardly anything to go wrong.