Thread: NRA issues

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I upgrade to NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

If the liberals win in Nov we are in deep trouble

In some state illegal aliens will now vote
    and feleons right to vote has been restored
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    Never give up , and don't let the liberal's lead you to believe that your fighting in vain . I wish the NRA could do more , but we are the NRA , so do what you can . Take the fight to small town and county elections , 10 people in a town or county meeting can make a difference .
    This^^^^is probably the most important statement made. The NRA and all the other pro gun groups can't do it on their own for you. You have take the fight to the locals, bend them or eject them, grass roots is the ONLY way the 2nd Amendment can survive. Pro Gun groups can and usually do lead the way but like Generals, they plan the battle but it is the boots on the ground that have to win the war.

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Master

A lot of good advise here. In talking to state politicians here, they told me that the demoncrats use a old tactic in that they start a lot of fires all over the place and the NRA is behind the gun, running around after them trying to stop these things. The NRA doesn't have the money the liberals have and keep falling behind but as said earlier, they don't give up, they keep doing the best they can with what they have. With five to ten times the number of members we would own the elections and the Constitution would never be stronger.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    I upgrade to NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

If the liberals win in Nov we are in deep trouble

In some state illegal aliens will now vote
    and feleons right to vote has been restored

Please name a state where felons or illegal aliens can legally vote? Provide sources, I say this is BS. Don't say Virginia, the courts squashed that.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Any wear the dead people still vote .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Please name a state where felons or illegal aliens can legally vote? Provide sources, I say this is BS. Don't say Virginia, the courts squashed that.

Tim
    Gee I thought this was common knowledge. I Think you have been wrong 2 or 3 times this week. Try to be, Lets just say not so negative or back it down a bit.

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.r...ourceID=000286

http://www.truthandaction.org/suprem...u-s-elections/
    Last edited by DCP; 08-01-2016 at 07:46 AM.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I just finished paying the installments on my Patron Life Membership. No sooner than I got my new Patron card, they were hitting me up for the Benefactor upgrade.

This thread has reminded me to respond to the e-mail and upgrade once again.

No matter your feelings on the NRA, they are our #1 voice in Washington. And if you don't like the NRA's stance on something, do your part and make your voice heard. Get a high enough membership level to vote in their elections.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Gee I thought this was common knowledge. I Think you have been wrong 2 or 3 times this week. Try to be, Lets just say not so negative or back it down a bit.

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.r...ourceID=000286

http://www.truthandaction.org/suprem...u-s-elections/
    I see you as the one being negative. I might be a bit contradictory but I am definitely not negative.

It does look like I was very wrong about Felons and voting. If the link you provided is accurate and I see no reason to dispute the link, it seems legit. That site says only 10 States permanently withhold the right to vote from felons and even those do not withhold the right from all felons.

On the issue of Illegal Aliens voting, I see nothing in the link that makes it legal but I do see how it would open the door to Illegal Aliens illegally voting. The requirement that you be a citizen to vote is still in place. It seems the States can decide on how to enforce this requirement. It seems some states put the burden of proof on someone who would deny someone the vote not on the voter. In those states you can register to vote and don't have to provide any proof you quality except that you live in the U.S.

I grant that essentially you are right, felons and illegals could vote in many states and the felons would be legal and it would be almost impossible to stop an illegal from casting a illegal vote and it being counted.

Sorry, I was wrong. To clear the air, would you post details of the other times I as wrong this past week so we can check the validity of your statement "I Think you have been wrong 2 or 3 times this week.?"

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I see you as the one being negative. I might be a bit contradictory but I am definitely not negative.

It does look like I was very wrong about Felons and voting. If the link you provided is accurate and I see no reason to dispute the link, it seems legit. That site says only 10 States permanently withhold the right to vote from felons and even those do not withhold the right from all felons.

On the issue of Illegal Aliens voting, I see nothing in the link that makes it legal but I do see how it would open the door to Illegal Aliens illegally voting. The requirement that you be a citizen to vote is still in place. It seems the States can decide on how to enforce this requirement. It seems some states put the burden of proof on someone who would deny someone the vote not on the voter. In those states you can register to vote and don't have to provide any proof you quality except that you live in the U.S.

I grant that essentially you are right, felons and illegals could vote in many states and the felons would be legal and it would be almost impossible to stop an illegal from casting a illegal vote and it being counted.

Sorry, I was wrong. To clear the air, would you post details of the other times I as wrong this past week so we can check the validity of your statement "I Think you have been wrong 2 or 3 times this week.?"

Tim
    Tim

Thank you so much

You have a blessed day

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

http://bgr.com/2016/06/21/ar-15-rifle-bullet-wounds/
    New scare propaganda from Smithsonian channel about those dangerous, evil assault rifles.
    Of course, no comparison to 9mm or 40SW. Even claim clothing will stop 9mm. Of course the producer won't stand in front of one to test it.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

The NRA commercials airing now are the best I've seen in my lifetime.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Hogtamer! Makes me proud to be in the NRA these days. Personally, I miss the days of Harlon Carter. He was a brash and sometimes abrasive man, but he got things done, and definitively so. And THAT is what matters most to the country now - performance. I've panned and complained, and years ago, even let my membership lapse and wouldn't reup because they were being so namby pamby and PC. I realized my error and have been a member for a long time now with no breaks. We simply can't afford to NOT be their supporters any more! We just can't, without cutting our own throats, whatever reason we find fit to do so. That's my take on it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I........ I hve heard this statement at clubs and LGS many times. I shoot ******* so why do I need to worry about ******* bans. The shooters are broken into splinter groups and disciplines not one group working together. Like it or not the Liberals work together in one group making there smaller numbers much stronger.
    AMEN Country Gent, great point we need to get involved just a little bit.Turn the tide with knowledge and action.

Boolit Master

I'm an NRA Patron Life Member and proud of it. All big organizations have issues and NRA is no different. However I believe they do a darn good job of defending our rights. Without them we would be defenseless. I had the opportunity to go to the NRA annual meeting when it was in St. Louis a few years ago. It is totally a class act. I had the pleasure of speaking with Wayne LaPierre briefly as we met on the exhibition floor. He is one of the most passionate and driven men I have ever met. It does come down to money to get the word out. It's not fair that the liberals seems to get more "free" press while the NRA must pay for what they get. Unfortunately that is the way it is. I am appalled at the Republicans who seem to advocate voting for another candidate other than Donald Trump. Splitting the party vote is a vote for the undivided democrats. Every living democrat will vote for "her" as well as a few dead ones. It will be hard to win if Republicans remain divided.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Banned

theres not a soul on this fourm that should be a life member!!! For the cost of one stinking gun you can stand up for your rights and not rely on someone else to do it for you!

Banned
    Lloyd, on a lot of things we agree. On the point of being a life member we don't. At this point in time I can't afford to be a life member.

Banned

I know its tough to come up with money. Its hard for me. But somehow I manage to buy a new gun or two every year or a new casting pot, reloading press, some do dad for my jeep or truck, some new high tech hunting gear, a scope maybe just a bit better then what I could get by with. I guess a guy has to adjust his prioritys. I do know theres a few on here that don't buy that kind of stuff and barely get by but there the exception not the rule. Most of us if it really meant that much could do it. Even if you had to take a 1000 dollar personal loan out and pay 30 bucks a month till its paid off. When I bought mine it was much cheaper. I think at the time it cost me 300 bucks. But at that time I was making 7 bucks an hour and had a wife and two kids. It was a big sacrifice to spend that money but I knew it was my responsibility if I wanted to remain a gun owner.

Boolit Master
    been with the nra a long time and really got frosted when they started calling me every week this last election here in mo so I asked to be taken off their call list and that was that. I still support them and will in the future.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Please just do what you can , it makes a difference .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    Please just do what you can , it makes a difference .
    Well said