MCD ProductsLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rattlesnakes

Eastern Diamondback, or Timber Rattlesnake. The guy holding it (not me) is 6'3". I believe this one was full grown.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    Eastern Diamondback, or Timber Rattlesnake. The guy holding it (not me) is 6'3". I believe this one was full grown.

Looks like our Canebreak rattlers.

Boolit Master

I kill all snakes the tiny green garders and all others,they kill my baby Blue Birds and House Wrens among other little chick birds.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master
    I've never see a real snake.

Boolit Buddy

There are no native snakes in Hawaii and it is illegal to import them even as pets.
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

I dont kill snakes. I even try to relocate snakes if found around living quarters. My deer lease partners arent so kind and I find their fear of snakes humourous. Ive been catching rattlesnakes since I was about 6 years old, growing up in El Paso. They are just another critter to me. Dangerous I know, but nothing to scream like a little girl over.

Boolit Mold
    do to the drought, (year 5 now) all snakes are hiding here in Ca. have only seen two dead on the side of the rd.
    was told many are keeping close to what water is in the rivers? even areas know for lots of rattlers, are void this year.
    but yes if a viper it must die. all others get to live another day.

Boolit Master

I'm going on a 24 hour sabbatical (not really) today with a couple kids, hiking and camping tonight in the Blue Hills. I can handle knowing there are a few big creatures here, but dang am I glad snakes are far and few between around here. 75 F day time and 50 F tonight and no rain.

Boolit Grand Master

A few years back my wife and I were fishing out of our boat when a big diamondback tried to get in with us. I used the paddle to pick it up and toss it back about 10 times as we went around the boat. Started to get close to where my wife was sitting so turned the paddle on edge and killed it.
    Last year on the Navajo Indian Res. fishing on the Black River with my son I almost stepped on a small rattler in some tall dry grass. I could not hear it rattling, my son did and pulled me back just in time. I now have hearing aids and hope I can hear them now. I also am going to buy snake chaps to wear.
    I used to catch snakes in Michigan when young as most were not poisonous, but could still bite. Still have a scar on a finger from a water snake.
    Here in Az. I don't mess with them.

Boolit Master
    My son skins and cooks rattlesnakes,he also eats armadillos .
    He has offered me both, but I passed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post
    Went to the barn to feed my kids thirty year old pony and noticed the pony didn't want to go in the stall to get sweet feed.
    I walk into the stall and there was a Rattlesnake curled up ready to strike.
    I was standing about three or four feet away.
    I backed out and went in the house and got my dads old Fox .410 shotgun and came back and dispatched it.
    It had eight rattles.
    It was a cane break rattler. Almost ruined a good day.
    I thank God for looking out for me.

I normally don't killed snakes in the woods ,because the eat a lot of rats.

Around the house or barn is different.

Watch your step this time of year. Especially around old barns.
    Was out riding my old stud horse (he lived to 33) & he skidded to a stop, back arched, head pointed like a pointer dog. I'm looking where he's looking & see a nice big rattler & a little further away another even bigger one. Believe me, I always pay attention to my horse. Now the dogs, those dummies either want to eat them or play with them & get their dumazs bit, that or just walk right over them.