WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a mold for 9mm, specifically two Berettas.

Boolit Man

Need a mold for 9mm, specifically two Berettas.

I have a Wilson Combat Beretta, and a M9A3. I just want an accurate round, nothing fancy. Do y'all have any suggestions on which mold? Anyone have a Beretta that likes a certain mold?

I bought a .40 mold, admittedly I planned on buying a 10mm in addition to my 40S&W but alas, I changed my mind. The .40 mold is around 200 grains, and it is a bit heavy for the 40 S&W. I don't want to make a similar mistake in my 9mms.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Boolit Master
    I don't have the Wilson version but I do have some regular 92s and for a target plinking load this mold works very well in the Berettas and my Sigs and Hi Powers.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/916...rain-flat-nose
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master

I get good accuracy and full reliability in the Beretta 92 (AKA M9) with the truncated nose designs. The RCBS designs (115 and 125 grains) have given great service in several different 9mm handguns.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Lee 356-120-TC sized .357 with Tac-X does great in every 9mm I've ever tried it in.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

The NOE 358-135-FN is the most accurate boolit I have found for my Beretta 92FS. It never fails to function and if I do my part, it doesn't miss. The groups are the same size I get with jacketed ammo.
    Mine drops at .358 with range scrap. I usually shoot it as cast and tumble lubed. If I size it, I size to .358 since the barrels on both my Beretta pistols measure .357.
    As a bonus, it also works well in 38 special.

Boolit Master

I use a Lyman 356 242 this is the 125gr mold size at .358 shoots good out of my 92 fs no FTF or FTE
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned

whatever you get make sure it pours 359.

Boolit Man
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Boolit Grand Master
    My "usual suspect" in 9mm is the Lee 122 grain truncated-cone design. My mould casts a fat .358" and will do double-duty in my 357 Magnum/38 Special if I get so inclined. One of the few things I have yet to locate after two moves in 13 months are my 3 one-pound coffee cans filled with 12# each of the Lee 9mm TCs. I have them surrounded......just gotta storm the ramparts and root 'em out. That--or do some casting, mui pronto.

These Lee TCs worked well in the several Beretta 92s I have run them in. Seat with about .020" of front drive band exposed above the case mouth, and you should be good to go. I do a light taper crimp AFTER--not during--bullet seating. As an aside, I really like the Beretta 92/96 pistols. Their primary problem for me is their size--they are rather large-for-caliber, as large or larger than many 10mm or 45 ACP platforms. Of all the service pistols "out there", to my eyes they remain the most beautifully-designed from an aesthetic point of view. The Italians build beautiful things--they may not always show up for work if the weather is nice, but their products are gorgeous.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 06-06-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Quote Originally Posted by harley45 View Post
    I don't have the Wilson version but I do have some regular 92s and for a target plinking load this mold works very well in the Berettas and my Sigs and Hi Powers.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/916...rain-flat-nose
    I use the same, but in 2-cavity, Powder Coated, sized to .358. Works in my Helwan (Beretta 1951 clone, granddaddy to the 92), Walther CCP, Hi-Point 995TS. Also shoots great in .38 Special. Next up I need to try .357 Mag.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

NOE 358 124 TC GC
    If you care for a gas check design, this ones a doozey !
    Mine drops .3585 and can be sized .358 or .357 as needed .

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    I use the same, but in 2-cavity, Powder Coated, sized to .358. Works in my Helwan (Beretta 1951 clone, granddaddy to the 92), Walther CCP, Hi-Point 995TS. Also shoots great in .38 Special. Next up I need to try .357 Mag.
    I should of added: When using this boolit in 9mm, I have to replace the 9mm expanding plug with a .38 S&W plug. This prevents the boolit from swaging in the case. Also really really light crimp just to remove the flare.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Others have mentioned the Lee 120 TC. It's good.
    I also like the .358-125 RFN. Sized to .357", my Taurus PT99 and 3 S&W Perf Ctr 9's shoot it very well. I seat to edge of seating groove and lightly taper crimp. Get the 6-cav molds!

Boolit Bub
    x2 on the Lee 120gr TC mold. 3.9gr HP-38, 1.065 OAL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm-120gr.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	170002 Results from full sized (5" barrel) 1911. Shoots like a dream, feeds good. Brass will drop in a 3 foot circle.

Boolit Bub
    I cast these at about 10.2 BHN (what I get offa Ebay), and they do fine. No need for hardcast stuff. The lube is the thing that keeps your barrel clean.........NRA 50/50 soft greezy stuff.

Using RCBS dies, I generally do them in a 4 step process. Size, expand, seat, crimp. I do not like to seat/crimp in the same step, it tends to shave the bullet. Just seat with your die, then remove the seating plug, crank it down to get the desired crimp, and crimp them in a separate operation.

Boolit Master

My 9mm Berettas like the Lee Cowboy 358-125 RF that is linked to above. All of my Beretta barrels measure a bit below .358" groove diameter. That mold drops at about .359" from my mold.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    The NOE 358-135-FN is the most accurate boolit I have found for my Beretta 92FS. It never fails to function and if I do my part, it doesn't miss. The groups are the same size I get with jacketed ammo.
    Mine drops at .358 with range scrap. I usually shoot it as cast and tumble lubed. If I size it, I size to .358 since the barrels on both my Beretta pistols measure .357.
    As a bonus, it also works well in 38 special.
    +1 on this boolit. I tumble lube mine in 45/45/10 and get no leading. The M9 will feed almost any boolit shape by the way. Load some empty casings in your mag and cycle them by hand. I bet they will feed just fine.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    My 9mm Berettas like the Lee Cowboy 358-125 RF that is linked to above. All of my Beretta barrels measure a bit below .358" groove diameter. That mold drops at about .359" from my mold.
    My Beretta likes the same boolit. Feeds great and shoots accurate.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Buddy

I use the lee TC 124gr PC'd with titewad and it works great in a Wilson upgraded 9mm, just tested it 2 days ago 150 rounds no issues minimal kick and on big hole in the target!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"