WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCBS & LEE Warranties

Boolit Master

RCBS & LEE Warranties

I just received warranty replacement parts from both RCBS and LEE.
    Both were send quickly and at no charge.
    First class service from both.
    Hats off to them both....dale

Boolit Master
    I have never had a problem with RCBS. Lee has been mixed results for me with them wanting me to mail in the part(s) at times and then other times no problem a picture sent and a part comes right away. One experience with Lee that has never settled well was when they changed their primer feed for the Loadmaster and there were no longer any of the primer slider parts for the old system which is what I needed and these parts use to be available at less than 50 cents IIRC. Where as this was not a big deal for other individuals as I read on forums with Lee simply replacing the old primer feed systems free of charge I on the other hand was told I would have to purchase a new unit and at a more expensive cost than from other online companies. Yeah...........thanks. I will say though the new primer system is an improvement.

I'm not sure about Lee, as I've never dealt with their customer service.

But I have years of experience with RCBS. They have a no BS, no questions asked, product service. Doesn't matter the age of the product, or whether it was purchased new or used.

A customer service rep told me once that if it's their product, they'll stand behind it.

Every company should have this corporate attitude!

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

I've had the same experience with RCBS as Bayou52 had. The same from Dillon. Lee was a mixed like RobS experienced. I once bought a Pro 1000 from Factory Sales. When it came, there was no turret to install the dies in. When I called Factory Sales, he said there was nothing he could do, but that the turret was supposed to be in the package. That was the last time I bought anything from Factory Sales. When I called Lee, they tried to tell me the turret was not included. When I said Factory Sales told me it was supposed to be included, they suddenly wanted my shipping info so they could send me a turret. Other times there has been no problem with getting warranty service. it just depends on who you talk to at Lee I guess. I have since sold the Pro 1000 on ebay as I did not care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou52 View Post
    I'm not sure about Lee, as I've never dealt with their customer service.

But I have years of experience with RCBS. They have a no BS, no questions asked, product service. Doesn't matter the age of the product, or whether it was purchased new or used.

A customer service rep told me once that if it's their product, they'll stand behind it.

Every company should have this corporate attitude!

Bayou52
    I was just recently told by RCBS customer service there are no parts available for the 1010 scale. Their only solution was for me to buy a newer model.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by kenjuudo View Post
    I was just recently told by RCBS customer service there are no parts available for the 1010 scale. Their only solution was for me to buy a newer model.

jim
    That's strange, I have replacement parts on the way for the 1010, at least that is what the emails say. A cover, at "tenths" sticky along with re-calibration instructions, all at no charge.

RCBS, in my experience, is as good as it's word. Lee, not so much. I recently purchased a Lee Classic Turret, (which I like), that is 100% guaranteed not to spill primers on the floor. At least 5% go on the floor. I contacted Lee and was told to slow up the ram speed at the top of the stroke and other useless information. I fixed the problem myself.

I also have a 6 cavity 40 cal mold that casts bullets undersize, was told the tolerances shown were for a particular alloy. I was not given permission (which I asked for) to send it back. My opinion of Lee customer service is not good at this point.

Ole Joe, I've had undersize molds and my experience has been that Lee don't care. Yes, I buy Lee stuff (because the price is right) but I'm under no illusions regarding customer support - basically there isn't any - and other than the molds I've been able to fix/improve any Lee stuff that I've bought without their "support".

Boolit Master

I have used the Lee warranty service twice and both times their service was excellent
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

I've had no problems with Dillon, Hornady or RCBS. Lee has been hit or miss; depending on who I speak with. Lee wants the part sent back or a picture taken, etc. I don't bother sending stuff back to lee; so they may have improved.

Certainly not at the level of Dillon, Hornady or RCBS based on my limited experience with them. YMMV.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    It was a four years ago, but RCBS sent me the stick on tenth scale for my 5-10. I never thought they would quit making the 502, 505, and 10-10. If it works, don't change it. I haven't gotten any undersized Lee moulds yet, but I do have an undersized Lyman mould, that is more suitable for 9mm than 38 special. RCBS, Dillon, Lee, Hornady, and MEC have all sent free stuff, even though, I was trying to pay for it. I don't expect free anything, so I guess that's why I'm never disappointed. The only company, I had trouble with was Lyman. Again I was attempting to buy the parts. I needed a powder pan, and tray. They told me I would have to send my Lyman 500 back, and pay them to calibrate it. I ended up ordering RCBS parts from Midway.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

I own both. Never tried Lee's, but RCBS was top notch . Asked them about a powder measure bracket and they sent me one free of charge.

Boolit Master
    I've been buying reloading stuff since 1970 and have had very few defective items. When I did, I didn't object to sending that part back. I suspect that the large number of dishonest people in the world has a lot to do with companies' reasons for asking that parts be sent back. I have the highest regard for our members and don't include them in the dishonest group.

The items they do not have anymore are the beams according to the email.

Hi James,

I am very sorry, but we do not have beams for the 10 10 scale. The scale was discontinued, and we no longer have Beams. You would need to purchase a new scale. Thanks for contacting RCBS.

Best Regards,

Dora Paul
    Technical Services

605 Oro Dam Blvd.
    Oroville, CA 95965
    Toll Free: (800) 379-1732
    Direct Line: (530) 538-2623
    Email: Dora.Paul@VistaOutdoor.com
    Last edited by kenjuudo; 04-28-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added email

Boolit Master

My experience with customer service and support, not only in the reloading equipment world, has taught me that there is a direct relationship between the tone of the support call and the outcome. "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." There might be a support person that does not abide by this but a another call later reaching a different person will probably get you what you want if you use a calm tone. I have had good outcomes with all the major reloading equipment manufacturers with a few instances of a second contact to get what I wanted using this method.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Lee warranty

i managed to break my Lee Loader 9 mm & .30 carbine kit loader decapping pins. They quickly shipped replacements, only cost to me was the shipping. The .30 pin I received wasn't made for carbine brass which is tapered inside. Had to use two pairs channel locks to separate the pin & case. Called them and it turned out someone had shipped the wrong pin. They quickly shipped the correct replacement at no cost and told me they didn't want the other one back.
    their tech support team always responds in 24 hours or less and they've stood behind their products in my experience.
    Also learned they are discontinuing production of the carbine loader kit.
    I chucked the originally shipped, too big pin into a drill and honed the end down with 80 grit garnet paper. Fits now.

Well, the folks at RCBS came through again. I received the cover I requested yesterday by UPS, at no charge. So now my 1010 beam scale is as good as new for under 70 bucks, and it is very accurate.

It's a good feeling when a company stands by their products in this manner, even though I told them right up front that I had purchased it second hand.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Grand Master

I cant say that RCBSs service is so great. I recently bought a set of 38-55 cowboy dies. The bullet seat was unique in that it was a thin wall and flat bottom about .150 deep. It completely deformed any bullet I seated 335 Lyman 365 grn nasa old west and rcbs 312 grn. The seater might have worked with pistol style bullets but not with the rifle bullets. I e-mailed RCBS with a description complete, measurements of the seating stem. This was a set of the top of the line cowboy dies supposedly set up for lead bullets. I was told in the return e-mail that I could send 3 bullets and for $20.00 have a custom stem made. On a set of dies that cost roughly $70.00 I kind of expect them to be right. I dont expect to have to spend extra to have them made right. I e-mailed back that the stem I had wouldnt work with thier BPCR bullet let alone any other and heard nothing back from them. I form ground drill to what was needed and made the existing work now.

Boolit Buddy
    Just called RCBS to inquire about expander sizes for my 7.62x54R dies. I asked what size they come with and was told .308 and .310. I was then asked why by the nice lady at RCBS. I explained that I dropped one and cannot find it anywhere and I would like to order a replacement. She asked for my address and said she would send one at no charge.

Boolit Master
    Apples vs Oranges

never had a problem from RCBS.

take care

r1kk1