Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood press question. Help please

Boolit Master

Hollywood press question. Help please

Without taking up to much of anyone time I was wondering if I can easily buy shell holders for the Hollywood press pictured. also the approximate value as i have a chance to pick up in the 2-3 hundred dollar range. overall the press is in quite good shape but the powder measure needs a little freeing up. Sorry that the photo is a little out of focus as i was trying to photograph over the counter of a shop. Any help would be appreciated. Jeepyj
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160419_165007_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	166726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160419_164929_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	166725
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master

Yes. Buy it!

Vendor Sponsor

I second kellys advice .. Don't wait too long .. That's a great price
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Thank you AK & Smoke,
    KAF, that adapter the key that was looking for. I had never worked with the old style"H" shell holders so I wasn't sure and my work schedule has been hectic and I didn't have a chance to research and I figured that it wouldn't last long if I didn't commit so I went to the bank of knowledge (here at CB)
    I think I'll toss the old bird in the truck and bring it home tomorrow after work.
    thanks guys...
    Wondering if there is anything special I should know about either the measure or press?

Boolit Master
    Yes that's a great buy on the turret press. Last year I bought a single stage Hollywood Senior for $150 and thought I got a great deal. I love my new press and I'm sure you will love this one. I bought the shellholder adapter but have several of the originals that I would let go.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Grand Master

CH4D has them, too.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned
    Powder measure is mounted to a trickler. A rare trickler that the name of excapes me in this pre-coffee morning.

Ken

Boolit Buddy
    I can help you with most of the parts ( shell holders, etc.) Let me know what you require. What are the molded markings on each side of your press? I hope you bought it.
    Harold
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Powder measure is mounted to a trickler. A rare trickler that the name of excapes me in this pre-coffee morning.

Ken
    I've cleaned both the powder measurer and trickler up they are both in amazing shape. I sure would like to know more about the trickler. It seems complete and works amazingly well. I've scoured the Internet to find another and have not had any luck. Attached are some better photos now that it has come home with me.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	166984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	166985

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tracvision View Post
    I can help you with most of the parts ( shell holders, etc.) Let me know what you require. What are the molded markings on each side of your press? I hope you bought it.
    So the markings are, Right side= "Patented 1935" then large letters = "Universal". Left side = "MFG" on bottom then a large letter "D" in middle and "by" on top. Next line "Hollywood Gun Shop"
    It's missing three of the turret knobs, In front of the primer there are two holes and I'm not sure what would have gone in those. The other item I'm going to order is a universal shell holder that accepts RCBS style shell holders.
    Tommorow evening when the light is better I'll try to post some photos. It is truly in amazing shape including the original wooden handle

Boolit Master
    It's not often that you get (or see) more than one handle on the turret. I've never seen any loose handles in parts boxes at Gun Shows so would surmise than most customers just ordered one, rather than threw away or lost the other three.

Having four handles might be a little more convenient but would in effect increase the diameter of the turret and require a deeper space on the loading bench to accommodate the swing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    It's not often that you get (or see) more than one handle on the turret. I've never seen any loose handles in parts boxes at Gun Shows so would surmise than most customers just ordered one, rather than threw away or lost the other three.

Having four handles might be a little more convenient but would in effect increase the diameter of the turret and require a deeper space on the loading bench to accommodate the swing.
    But the coolness factor is multiplied with FOUR!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    My Super Turret came with three deep blued handles and wouldn't want it any other way. Does anyone know if that was an option? I mostly see handles in the white or are they the custom made replacements? I'm almost 100% sure that mine are factory originals. I also have the swage rod and it is also blued.

Name:	P1010436.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	167094

Winelover

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    My Super Turret came with three deep blued handles and wouldn't want it any other way. Does anyone know if that was an option? I mostly see handles in the white or are they the custom made replacements? I'm almost 100% sure that mine are factory originals. I also have the swage rod and it is also blued.

Winelover
    I believe you meant to say that have a SENIOR turret. Super Turrets are based on a tall universal frame concept on massive steroids. The turret head has 12, 1.5 inch x 12 TPI holes, most utilizing a conversion bushing to 7/8x14. Also the four primer posts are attached to a 4 position turret as well as 4 shell holders on a small turret as well. Unlike the Senior Turret with an 8 hole turret head that came in different hole sizes and the capacity to mount one primer post and shell holder.

Some Senior Turrets did come with Blued or Blacked turret handles, depending upon who was building them at the time. One came with it and more were optional.

Hope this helps with any possible confusion.

Super Turret
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master

On the Left side of this pictures sets the Senior Turret just left of the Super Turret. Pretty eye opening indeed.

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post

Winelover
    It is a Senior Turret.

And, the handles on it are smaller than those found on the larger turrets (Model-II, Model-III, and Super Turret). And yes, they are most likely factory originals.

Mine. L to R: Senior Turret, Model-II, and Model-III

Name:	IMG_6346.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	167142

Super Turret status update: In pieces and in a cleaning solution. More to follow.
    Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 04-27-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    My bad...I was having a Senior moment...or maybe it was a wishful Super moment!

Winelover

Banned
    Finally got time to get enough coffee and search for the mystery trickler. It is a Brown and Ball. So far that is all I know about them other than they were from Oregon in the early 1950's.

Ken
    Attached Files Attached Files

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Finally got time to get enough coffee and search for the mystery trickler. It is a Brown and Ball. So far that is all I know about them other than they were from Oregon in the early 1950's.

Ken
    Well looks like I've found somewhat rare model powder trickler. Plus it seems by the photo nothing is missing. I did try it and it works surprisingly very well although I don't do much rifle work it is interesting piece of equipment. Thank you for taking the time from your coffee to look that up for me. I'll likely disconnect the Hollywood measurer from it and use it for pistol loading.