WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: Kirkland we have a problem...

Boolit Buddy

Kirkland we have a problem...

I put peanut butter on the list and SWMBO picked up Adams today at Costco. Not acceptable! Costco has made a serious error in judgement if I can't find the retail replacement.

Kirkland peanut butter is THE BEST peanut butter and Costco is no longer carrying it? Seriously? It's roasted darker than the others and has deeper flavor. Peanut butter people know what I am talking about. Right now I'm not a Happy Camper and I used to live in Happy Camp!

However I suspect Kirkland is Laura Scudders. I need confirmation or direction from those that know...
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I like Adams. The others I have tried are way too sweet.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Hey:

I like Adams too, if Kirkland (or Laura Scudders?) isn't available. But I like the depth of the darker roast!
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Boolit Master
    Ah, I miss peanut butter. Not allowed any more.

Used to eat peanut butter and salsa on a Ritz cracker. MM, MM, MM!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In between the pickles and ice cream, right?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    Get the food processor out and make your own. You might need to roast the nuts a little more to get the flavor you like.

Banned

yep it's roasted peanuts all whipped up with a little oil added for smoothness.
    you can make blackened peanut butter if you want.

Boolit Grand Master

Not a big peanut butter fan but once in a while ill visit an organic/natural food store and pick up all natural pb or cashew butter. You have to mix it up but tastes great to me
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Thank goodness Costco still sells the Skippy with honey. Love that big jar. I have a sweet tooth and Skippy helps. YUMMMMMM!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

I want Navy pack in cans!

Peanut butter and salsa?

Moderator Emeritus

Peanut butter has started giving me horrible heartburn for some reason... and I love the stuff!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Peanut butter and salsa?
    On a Ritz cracker; not a Saltine.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

"We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

We are unable to provide vendor or manufacturer contact information for our Kirkland Signature products and unfortunately the Kirkland Signature peanut butter has been discontinued and we are not showing any available within 50 miles of your zip code.
    We have submitted the request to our buying staff to review carrying the product again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with."
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Peanut butter has started giving me horrible heartburn for some reason... and I love the stuff!

That happens to me to. I think its the oil in it? Between Peanut Butter, Coffee and anything with tomatoes, I have to be careful or have an antacid.

Boolit Master
    On a water biscuits doubly crunchy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ol skool View Post
    Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

"We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

We are unable to provide vendor or manufacturer contact information for our Kirkland Signature products and unfortunately the Kirkland Signature peanut butter has been discontinued and we are not showing any available within 50 miles of your zip code.
    We have submitted the request to our buying staff to review carrying the product again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with."
    The Organic Section is Taking Over like a Communist Plot. Couldn't find Salsa for 2 months. Guess what? It Turned Organic.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    That seems odd, since Kirkland is Costco's house brand. That's like Walmart discontinuing Great Value peanut butter.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.