Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: Pb blocker experience

Boolit Mold

Pb blocker experience

My apology if I am in the wrong forum, and please move this post accordingly.

Friend suggested me try out a product called pb blocker. I looked it up and found a few a few very unfavorable reviews on a gun forum. They were experienced loaders, and their tests were thorough. It has been years since that review. I would like to see whether there has been new findings by other folks who have tried the product.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

-TL

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tangolima View Post
    My apology if I am in the wrong forum, and please move this post accordingly.

Friend suggested me try out a product called pb blocker. I looked it up and found a few a few very unfavorable reviews on a gun forum. They were experienced loaders, and their tests were thorough. It has been years since that review. I would like to see whether there has been new findings by other folks who have tried the product.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

-TL
    After a brief google and read of this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...pinions/page11

It appears to be another miracle oil that failed to live up to the hype.

Boolit Mold
    That is the test and review I was referring to. It happened 5 years ago when the product first came out. I wonder whether other people have tried it since. Perhaps the product has been improved.

BTW my friend tried it and said it worked.

-TL

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tangolima View Post
    That is the test and review I was referring to. It happened 5 years ago when the product first came out. I wonder whether other people have tried it since. Perhaps the product has been improved.

BTW my friend tried it and said it worked.

-TL
    Sounds like you have decided to give it a try then, best of luck. I haven't had any leading issues that required anything like this pretreatment. Do you currently have excessive leading in your barrels? Have you slugged and checked for proper bullet fit?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Sounds like you have decided to give it a try then, best of luck. I haven't had any leading issues that required anything like this pretreatment. Do you currently have excessive leading in your barrels? Have you slugged and checked for proper bullet fit?
    Not really. I don't have a pressing need to try it. But just curious to see one or two bad reviews years ago, and then nobody said anything, good or bad.

Thanks.

-TL

Boolit Master
    That seems to be the way of "gun cleaners" and the assorted oils. When they are brand new everyone buys it and gives it a try, then it just collects dust on the shelf when another new one comes out. I fell for the froglube advertising and I'm still using up that stuff. No complaints but honestly I can't tell that anything I've tried works better than just plain hoppes #9 and mobil 1 for lube. I would wager that a brass brush and patches with soap and water would most likely work fine for me.

Now, if you like to clean your guns once a year instead of each trip, or are in a dirty environment? Maybe they work better maybe no, I have no experience i nthis.