Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Lee bullet size kit and size dies question

Lee bullet size kit and size dies question

I would like to buy a Lee bullet size kit in 309 and extra dies in 311. Anyone know if Less sells the extra size dies?

Thanks

seabreeze
    What is important in life? Things....or Honor/ integrity/Service and Humility?

Boolit Grand Master
    Lee makes a .309 and a .311 , but they don't make a .310".

I took a .309 " and opened it up to .310", now I have all three, .309, .310, and a .311.

Here is a link for you :

http://www.titanreloading.com/lube-sizing-kit
    Last edited by Ben; 03-20-2016 at 09:23 AM.

So Lee will sell the whole kit plus individual sizers.

Thanks

seabreeze

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Lee makes a .309 and a .311 , but they don't make a .310".

I took a .309 " and opened it up to .310", now I have all three, .309, .310, and a .311.

Here is a link for you :

http://www.titanreloading.com/lube-sizing-kit
    What is important in life? Things....or Honor/ integrity/Service and Humility?

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    There are members here that used to make custom lee type dies, Take a Look at NOE's sizer set up they offer on thier web site.

Take look; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...sizer-question

Ken
    Last edited by Screwbolts; 03-20-2016 at 06:56 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Grand Master
    On the retail level, the individual sizers are not sold.

You may / or may not be able to call Lee and order a sizer only.

I can't say ?

I'm already invested in Lee sizers so I keep buying and lapping them out to the size I need. If you have no or only a couple Lee sizers I'd buy the fairly new NOE push thru sizers. More options than the Lees and the finish is probably better. I lap out all my Lees because every single one I bought was fairly rough on the inside. I don't need all the Alox and more red plastic containers. I wish Lee would sell the sizer only.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...turk05i8qloql1

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I'm already invested in Lee sizers so I keep buying and lapping them out to the size I need. If you have no or only a couple Lee sizers I'd buy the fairly new NOE push thru sizers. More options than the Lees and the finish is probably better. I lap out all my Lees because every single one I bought was fairly rough on the inside. I don't need all the Alox and more red plastic containers. I wish Lee would sell the sizer only.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...turk05i8qloql1
    If you want to part with a bottle of that alox I would like to try making BLL. Shoot me a PM if your interested.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master

A Lee sizing kit is pretty simple, containing two parts and a bottle of lube. You'll need the ram and the die, so the only "extra" is a bottle of Lee alox. Buy the whole kit...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

If you look in the lee site under parts you can get the size die body alone for $20 for any catalogued size

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabreeze133 View Post
    So Lee will sell the whole kit plus individual sizers.

Thanks

seabreeze

Sorry, Charlie! Lee only sell the complete "kit" (red plastic box, sizing die, push rod, and Mule Snot lube) as a complete product. I buy them, use the red boxes and dies and throw the mule snot away because I got away from grease over 3 years ago and use PC now. So are I have "recycled" over 8 bottles of that horrible stinking stuff.

As said, you can enlarge one, but it is amost a job for a metal lathe...for accuracy. You can fiddlyphart around with an electric drill and sandpaper/emory/lapping, but good luck on that one. Find someone with a lathe!

banger

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Sorry, Charlie! Lee only sell the complete "kit" (red plastic box, sizing die, push rod, and Mule Snot lube) as a complete product.
    If this is true, why do they list all the individual parts of the kit separately under "Parts"

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by petroid View Post
    If this is true, why do they list all the individual parts of the kit separately under "Parts"
    Never looked there. Never even been to the Lee site. I get all my stuff from the Lee vendors. If they do not have it, it does not exist in my book. Lee charges a ton more (FULL MSRP) than the vendors, so I have been told. $20 for just the sizing die???? Might as well buy the whole kit for $18 or so (what I have paid during sales) and throw the alox mule snot away (again, what I always do).

Anytime you buy something part by part, especailly from a manufacturer's site, you are generally going to pay thru the nose.

Boolit Master
    You probably need to look at Lee's site to dispell some of your misconceptions.
    Lee will sell the parts and they will ship many of them at no cost --- so there is a back door discount that the distributors cannot gripe about.

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Never looked there. Never even been to the Lee site. I get all my stuff from the Lee vendors. If they do not have it, it does not exist in my book. Lee charges a ton more (FULL MSRP) than the vendors, so I have been told. $20 for just the sizing die???? Might as well buy the whole kit for $18 or so (what I have paid during sales) and throw the alox mule snot away (again, what I always do).

Anytime you buy something part by part, especailly from a manufacturer's site, you are generally going to pay thru the nose.
    EDG

Is it normal to get charged a hazmat fee for buying a lee sizer with Alox. Because that adds 20 dollars on shipping?

Boolit Master

I never have

bangerjim you r actually throwing alox away? ahh!!!! at least send them to someone that will use them, don't just waste them, I don't like waste. when it is something that me or someone else could use. not all of us have money .
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.