Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range idiots and neighbors

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    How did anyone survive before the invention of jacketed bullets?
    Do you mean those mountain men and cowboys were evil, too?

Boolit Master

I'm glad I have my own private shooting range.

No idiots allowed.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    You've really been evil for that long?
    I was casting back then, too, but I started casting around kindergarten. It was fun. I was still shooting those WC boolits in my mid-twenties.
    What's your excuse? It was fun?
    Actually do not remember "why". Likely it was to save money. Had to save cash to buy the Corvette for cash!

Oh BTW, Yes I've been casting for that long, & the lead/heavy metal counts still are way low.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

I wonder if 30carbine's neighbor tried handloading himself and maybe blew up a gun or two.
    What do you think??
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Moderator Emeritus

I was testing some hollow points in my PK-380 when a guy walked up. J-words(yeah yeah, I don't have any hollow point molds) that I use for my home defense loads. He asked what they were, I told him and he starts in on the rant that a prosecutor will nail you to a wall for using reloads rant. He went on for 5 minutes then I asked him to produce a case of anyone getting jailed for using a standard load in their pistol. I do not load to max, why beat up my wrists when the middle of the road loads are more accurate and I like plinking them at 25 yards. He stuttered for a bit, I offered him my phone to try and look it up on the internet... he finally wandered off after mumbling he heard it on the internet so it must be true...

Good one Mary!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I was testing some hollow points in my PK-380 when a guy walked up. J-words(yeah yeah, I don't have any hollow point molds) that I use for my home defense loads. He asked what they were, I told him and he starts in on the rant that a prosecutor will nail you to a wall for using reloads rant. He went on for 5 minutes then I asked him to produce a case of anyone getting jailed for using a standard load in their pistol. I do not load to max, why beat up my wrists when the middle of the road loads are more accurate and I like plinking them at 25 yards. He stuttered for a bit, I offered him my phone to try and look it up on the internet... he finally wandered off after mumbling he heard it on the internet so it must be true...
    I have heard the same many times. I have always believed it. Here in Colorado we have the "Make My Day Act" which gives you the benefit of the doubt in your home.
    DukeInFlorida told me all of the LE he has talked to believe "dead is dead."
    I wonder if it was pushed by Guns & Ammo to promote sales. Could be. I guess I'll ask my Prosecutor the next time I see him at a Republican luncheon. It would be good to know the legal standard in Colorado.

Banned
    No never saw a case involving reloaded ammo being an issue I was there for 25 years at hcso.

Well had to disconnect the house phone last night he kept calling and yelling at me. I called Fred the sheriff at home last night going down to file a complaint when he is there this morning. Fred is also going to the club and view the tapes of him being unsafe yesterday. we put up video cameras last year cause someone was out there shooting beer bottles all over the place. He is not a neighbor in the strictest sense I mean you would be hard pressed to hit his house with an -06 from my place. Looks like I am going to have to build my back yard range sooner that I thought I was going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I'm glad I have my own private shooting range.

No idiots allowed.
    These kind of folks force me to envoke my #1 rule in life. "Never argue with an idiot because they have the uncany abillity to pull you DOWN to their level where they have the clear advantage."
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by 30Carbine View Post
    Well had to disconnect the house phone last night he kept calling and yelling at me. I called Fred the sheriff at home last night going down to file a complaint when he is there this morning. Fred is also going to the club and view the tapes of him being unsafe yesterday. we put up video cameras last year cause someone was out there shooting beer bottles all over the place. He is not a neighbor in the strictest sense I mean you would be hard pressed to hit his house with an -06 from my place. Looks like I am going to have to build my back yard range sooner that I thought I was going to.
    WOW, looks as tho he really is a piece of work!

Keep him out there, we need no more here in Indiana.

BTW, you live in some wonderful country, 40 years ago I used to go hunting out there. Some years around Sundance, and a couple of years around Moon, SD.

Banned

tell them to give my local sheriff a call. He and his troppers use my cast loads for practice ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    i like my private range!

Quote Originally Posted by winchester85 View Post
    i like my private range!
    Ya they have their place, but then too I like the comradery of a club range. Nothing like spending an afternoon in the shooters shack with a bunch of the guys.

Boolit Master
    odd, I've purchased lead bullets off the shelf and reman....same thing as cast boolit and reloads. I still get asked about the funny colors if I get a new cashier.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    You sir, have an idiot for a neighbor. My condolences.
    I agree
    let him call the sheriff and watch him laugh at dummy too
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    My neighbor is an old anti gun, sore head too. He claims to be a Christian, but also says he hates people. Says he is waiting for the big heart attack ,so he can go to heaven.
    Pretty hilarious stuff.
    Last edited by Clay M; 02-01-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by winchester85 View Post
    i like my private range!
    Same here but I guess we are missing the show while staying home to shoot.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

I had an enjoyable morning yesterday, Went to the club I belong to and went back to the 200 yd rifle range Got out of truck grabbed my stool and bag hooked edge of stool on my walker and bag with ammo and odds and ends in other hand and went up to the firing point I was going to use set things down went and sighned in. 2 guys there together and a 3rd on his own. They came over offered to help unload my gear. When they went down they came down and asked if they could put up some targets for me. Newer members but were curtious and freindly. One was having problems with an AR Gave him some pointers and things to try with position and technique. WHen they came back I uncased my CPA 40-65 and set it in the rage box rack. I "donated" 15 rounds of my match load I had brought to practice with so each could fire a 5 shot group. Was a fun morning and I made some new friends. Not all encounters are like the above. Most are similar to yesterdays but the others tend to stand out more

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    The only potentially valid argument I've heard against using handloaded ammo in your carry gun is that it would be difficult to duplicate reliably if you needed to prove ballistics in a shooting. There are thousands, if not millions of standard factory loadings that a forensics team could order and duplicate the scenario described. With handloaded how do you prove what loading was present? The odds of a trial hinging on this are so low as to be near zero. Never heard of a case but it wouldn't surprise me if one existed and has been quoted by Internet commandos as fact. Me, I put factory ammo in my carry gun and practice with a ton of reloads to keep the price down.

Tell your village idiot to tell you the case law. I bet he doesn't find any.