Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: uberti 1885 32-20 opinions

Boolit Master

uberti 1885 32-20 opinions

I'm wanting to add a small caliber single shot this year. I have looked at originals on GB and the C.Sharps 1885. I have a Uberti 1873 in 32-20 and really enjoy it. I'm thinkning the single trigger model with pistol grip to match my 1873.

I'm looking for opinions on this gun. I only shoot cast and would like to play with some BP. Accurate mold has a design with a huge lube grove.

Any thoughts?

If you want to shoot BP in the .32-20 consider duplexing. I duplex load my .310 Cadet with 3.7gr H4227 (the least amount the Lee disc measure will throw) and top it with 13-14gr Swiss 3Fg (depending on which bullet I am using) compressed to allow the heel of the bullet to seat. The load shoots so clean the bore is shiny after shooting. Have fired 50 consecutive rounds without any wiping or cleaning and stellar accuracy.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Buddy
    If you find one be sure to test fire it before you buy.Uberti miss-chambered some of these and they won't shoot worth ****. Here is what I am talking about.
    http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1439168859

Boolit Buddy
    I have one, Taylor and Company, with double triggers.I'd read a lot of posts regarding quality issues, but mine does not have any issues of any kind. Brass come out after firing with same contour as before. Bore is slick as can be with no loose or tight spots. Have not slugged it and shoots 313 commercial cast with no leading. And this is at 1600+ fps. I like it a lot. My aa1680 load from Ken Waters Pet Loads is very accurate at 100 yds.
    Bob

Boolit Bub
    I also have the Taylor and Co. version. Everything 50target says is true of mine as well. I haven't tried black powder in mine yet, but plan to this year. Recently acquired an Ideal 3118 mold which should be perfect for it. I say go for it. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Gotta get in here
    Take very good care of your Uberti. Getting parts from either of the importers has been a nightmare for me. The story is that replacement parts are only once a year addressed. I am a retired certified gunsmith and rejected work on Uberti due to part avalibility. Just a heads up.
    Roy

Boolit Master

Mine is a single-trigger Cimarron (made by Uberti) with a 30" barrel and, after a thousand rounds or so, I have absolutely no complaints. 2" (or better) iron-sight groups @ 100M with a 311008, sized .313, over either AA1680 or IMR4227. Only 'problem' I've ever encountered was the scarcity of 32-20 brass through the first half of last year but Starline finally came through and, for now, it's readily available.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"