WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loading Room Office Design

It's a 5" tall truss made from 3/4" box tube with cross braces where presses mount. 1/8" steel plate for the top and shelf.

The "wing" bolts to the rest of the table so I could move it inside by myself. Used machine leveling feet with rubber bottoms.

Boolit Buddy

Got the Bench painted and some LED track lighting put up went with the wire mold so in the future it would be easier for some one to take it down and patch a few screw holes.
    Tomorrow will be some shelves and installing the Rock Chucker.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1494.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	156952
    Tony

Boolit Buddy

Got the Shelves up and the rock chucker mounted loaded my first Boolits in my new reloading room today felt good to be in the house as it was in the mid 40's outside and in the garage.

Name:	IMG_1495.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	157102
    Tony

Looks good Tony, I like the location of the scale.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks
    That suggestion came from a thread here one of the members stated the he liked his scale set up higher makes it easier to read and get accurate measurements so I gave it a try and liked it so when I built this bench I set my little platform on the bench but then I had a thought (yes it hurt a little) if I put it up on a little shelf it would be off the surface of the bench.
    seems to be good so far
    Tony

Name:	load bench1.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	157480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	load bench 2.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	157481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work bench.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	157482
    These two benches were bought from a school district for $9 for the pair. The bench with presses mounted has a 9 ga steel top and was 34 inches tall. I like to sit down (rolling office chair) for single stage press use so I selected it for loading. I added a 1/4" steel plate to the top to give it rigidity. All presses are mounted with 3/8" bolts that go into drilled and tapped holes. You can remove the bolts and put an allen hex screw in to make the top level. I have an RCBS JR press on left end and a Lyman Turret, RCBS bench primer, and a Herters #3 on the far right (my first press from 1959). The two Dillon 550s are mounted on risers (one if factory Dillon and the other is home fabricated from angle iron and plate--shop scrap) This places them at 43". I am 5' 11" and it is great to stand and use Dillons or sit on bar stool. There is storage at back of bench and shelves on the wall behind. The white drawers are Library card files (good for all those little parts and pieces of reloading "STUFF") that I salvaged from one of my daughter's schools--no cost as they were throwing away. The shelving is 2 x 12 with steel runners underneath and holds the shelves and thousands of rounds of 9 and 45 acp brass.

The workbench with vice was just a top and I fabricated 2" square tubing into legs and a frame with triangle bracing. The bottom shelf storage is 2x pine lumber and holds vibrators, a arbor press and boxes of brass, ect and there are cast and lubed bullets and alloy under the bench in milk crates. This bench was 3/16 steel so all I had to do was weld up some holes where they had mounted equipment. I put a 6" Wilton Tradesman vice on one end, a magnifier light/loupe, and a foredam tool. I use a 5/8 rubber pad and also have carpet to roll out when needed to cushion a gun. This bench was made 36" as I have found that height perfect for my needs metalworking. My woodworking benches are all 36" also.

This all could have been wood, but I had the cheap metal bench and top and scrap steel in my "spare parts repository" I have another table made of 2" square tubing with a formica covered plywood top along with a casting table made with square tubing and angle iron with an aluminum covered plywood top and two lube sizers that are bolted into tapped holes in the table top. I like to say I am not cheap, but i squeek when I walk. I have little out of pocket investment in any of these benches. Used them all day today.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Buddy

Good looking set up bear67

Boolit Master

agreed. What's the green press? bench primer?

The little green thing between Herters and Lyman Turret is an RCBS bench primer. I use it priming most all rifle brass as it has a great feel when seating primers. You can also use Dillon priming tubes and fill them with automatic filler. The handle is not on it as it sticks out the front of the bench. One shoulder bolt installs it in seconds. This has been a good setup for me, but I started reloading in '58 and everything is still a work in progress. Sometimes gives you an excuse to build something new.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill