Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOVING off shore-

No place like home

Boolit Grand Master

I've never run from a fight, too old to start now. The country I grew up in is worth fighting for, even dying for. Hardly a new concept among true Americans. I'm not happy with our government but my country is still my country.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I've been to a lot of places, but I don't think I would give up my TEXAS citizenship for ANY of them. Yeah, we're still under Yankee Occupation, but it's slowly getting better. Don't know if I'll live long enough to see us free again though.

Boolit Grand Master

The USA was a good idea, and I still think it is. It's important to stick it out and try to get things back to where they need to be. Even if it costs my life, and that of my wife and daughter, the idea of the USA is worth it. Although I'm pretty sure we would all agree it's not quite that bad yet.

It's like sitting on a cruise ship in the lap of luxury knowing that we are slowly puttering towards iceberg infested waters with the sneaking suspicion the captain remains in a drug induced stuper and really really wants to see what happens to an iceburg if he were to ram a few of them.
    Some people are saying they would rather abscond in the middle of the ocean with a lifeboat, while some of us are talking about electing a new captain, and convincing the crew to turn the boat towards sunnier waters (while continuing to enjoy the margaritas, bikinis, and shows of course). As long as we are on the cruise ship, not only is it fun and entertaining, it's also safer than braving the wide open seas in a lifeboat.

Thats the the way I see it for now. I would rather join the group talking about mutiny, than face the alternative, and isn't it nice to be able to go inside and watch a comedy act when it's raining than sit in a small boat with a bucket bailing water?

Yeah, if the ship hits an iceberg, it's going to take a hit (the iceberg being symbolic of a nuclear event on American soil for instance) but it's not just going to sink on the spot. It would take multiple hits to really be in danger of capsizing. Meanwhile if you move to Isreal or wherever, you've just left the big ship and it takes almost nothing to land you in the exact situation you were afraid of in the first place.
    Take a good look at the world right now. Where in the world would you be safer than living in a small town in the south with a Dollar General 2 miles away?
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 11-04-2015 at 05:43 PM.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    It's like sitting on a cruise ship in the lap of luxury knowing that we are slowly puttering towards iceberg infested waters with the sneaking suspicion the captain remains in a drug induced stuper and really really wants to see what happens to an iceburg if he were to ram a few of them.
    Some people are saying they would rather abscond in the middle of the ocean with a lifeboat, while some of us are talking about electing a new captain, and convincing the crew to turn the boat towards sunnier waters (while continuing to enjoy the margaritas, bikinis, and shows of course). As long as we are on the cruise ship, not only is it fun and entertaining, it's also safer than braving the wide open seas in a lifeboat.
    And some of us want to keelhaul the illegal stowaway who *claims* to be captain.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 11-04-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Banned

sorry but im not moving to any place that has less gun freedom then here.

In Remembrance
    Rereading what the OP wrote, it is hard to imagine Die hard American and bailing in the same context. Now is your friend a die hard American, or does he just claim to be, seems like straddling that fence might get painful.

Boolit Buddy
    I can ask him if you want-?? HE does not make the CLAIM I made that claim OF him!!

He spent time in Various countries in Asia, and South America, it''s not as if he'd never seen the out side world- between working for Uncle S. and / or sheep dipped/ and or the Civilian 'PHOTO" jobs that had him doing stuff 'over there'??- not my place, I don't ask HE don't tell...I do know he is reaching back out to a friend with/ was with the Co. and get some 1st hand info on the seen there , let that slip out the other day...

but if he tells me that he'd rather be there with a chance to have his OWN HOLY War than to stay here and see the dip-sticks that are dragging down the Military , the schools the very fabric of the Nation he faught for and had so many buddies go away and die for- WHO the heck am I to tell him he is wrong or not a TRUE American-
    TRUE AMERICANS go over seas all the time do to the bidding for the US Govt' , SOME NEVER come home ever-
    he wants to take it up a couple pegs, before God calls him to his next duty station!!

reminds me of the old crazy guy that went looking for Bin laden on his own a few years back, One lone wolf American out to get some back pay!! Or is that Pay back ? same thing for some folks right???

I think he has resolved him self that 'VOTING' it out won't work, he'd want to burn down the TREE and soil it with blood and give FREEDOM a new start but that's just crazy-

SO many old timers I talk to on the phone are mad- MAD AS HELLLL we don't take up arms and rush to the DC district and OUST them all by force- 'enemies foreign AND domestic' they never UN-swore the oath , and think we all (the young guys 65-50 and younger are fools and fooling our selves --- Some of the most pissed off guys I know killed japs and jerries and now they think we're ALL *******. They tell me they are too old to go fight, they did their job why can't we??...so that's this person too not as old but same cut of cloth.

Never said 'bailing' , just looking for the last LP-OP to sit in and begin sending the bad guys 'love taps' he loves them so much he wants them to meet their maker that much faster, and since they all "want to get the 72 whores" he just wants to help them with that...double love tap to Center Mass...got to love what you do I guess right??

I can still ask him Starmac?? If you want me to...but I will make sure he's in a good mood that day 1st.

In Remembrance
    Now he even sounds crazier, unless he is planning to join some military. You can ask him, but I wouldn't put much stock in his answer, if that is the way he thinks.

Boolit Buddy
    I think he's sick and tired... and mad ( not crazy but MAD)you say some crazy stuff when you get that mad I am afraid, if you mean them or not.

Oh I talk to even crazier than that- he's more normal than most- you can't even imagine what folks tell me over the phone I have to remind them all the time 'they have ears' and want us to get all worked up, it goes to they're narrative and makes it easier to put us all in the jails, looney bins or just send over a black SUV for you to go away in- if you get that lucky - crazy talk like that puts US all at risk, these guys are so burnt out they just don;t give a dam - you should hear the guys from ww2 and Korean war those guys are still mad and now mad out their own leaders more than any one- Had a guy say we'd had been better off under german occupation-- (that's harsh)-- than to have the folks we have now running the show... (crazy at many levels)-- I am sure he did not go into those camps to see what was going on...

Boolit Master
    Rumor has it that the Bush family has about 100,000 acres in Paraguay. I've also heard that quite a few of the well to do have land holdings in Paraguay and Peru. Perhaps that is their escape plan.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    UHH Paraguay...?? AAHHH Peru..?
    I lived in Colombia for a couple years as a little guy- 9 to 10- maybe 11 yrs old, loved it there but hard to get over the cartel thing and crime out of control- and the politics Oh my way shady there- every one can be bought or if not then put down like a dog in the streets...

Paraguay is supposed to be much nicer than where we where at .. Bogota, then Bucaramanga, San Vincente ( farc country) then Caracas (hell) , Cali was very cool, Pamplona and Tunja are out in the sticks. that was 79-81?? lots of change since then,

I know folks in Argentina , would love to visit there...but they say NOT to go there--
    Maybe they ( Bushes) know something is going down that we don't- OR could all be rumors, maybe they have a ranch there too, lots of beef come from there or did at one time...

Boolit Master
    My advice to your friend is: Goodbye
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Buddy
    that's not advice . that's a send off- thanks though-
    If health become worse , won't need to do anything other than SAY 'GOOD BYE'

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alan B View Post
    that's not advice . that's a send off- thanks though-
    If health become worse , won't need to do anything other than SAY 'GOOD BYE'
    His original reply was more colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    My advice to your friend is:
    Dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
    I liked that one better...

I have visited Isreal three time and lived as an expat in Ecuador for four years without returning to the States.

While folks may be disgusted with trends in US society, there will not find things better anywhere else, just a different set of angst to deal with it. The only people I know that really do well in Central and South America are people who return to their roots there. Unless you are grew up there, you will never truly belong, being forever a foreigner in a foreign land. It will never be home.

Israel has a tax burden at least double that of the US to support all the various social programs and military. While I am very fond of Israel and support them it their struggle, it is not a place to put down roots unless you are a Jew and that trumps all other concerns. You will find yourself in a very alien culture, that does not accept non-Jews very well and taxed nearly to death.

It is a very long story, but I had a chance to stay in Ecuador and become a very wealthy individual, but it would require me surrendering my US citizenship and becoming an Ecuadorian citizen. It was a very difficult decision, but in the end I just could not and would not turn in that passport with the American Eagle on it, so I returned stateside.

Alan B...my counsel to your friends is to go spend a year or two wherever and that will get his head screwed on straight, if that is possible. But to sell out and burn your bridges behind you is all kinds of stupid.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 11-05-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    thank you- actual good intel from some one that has been there-
    No idea ALL non Jews where considered 2nd class- even Christians Huh??

The time and years we spent down South where tons of fun-
    I have 1/4 of my Family still there- but I won;t go there to live and give up my passport-

Heck even my Aunts came here for a while to have kids here , then go back Home (Venezuela) and even in 69-73 they KNEW having that passport would be their ticket out if SHTF there- it did --they lost 3 homes, their land was taken for State use ( put homeless on their 40+ acres ( hectars ) and asked my Uncle - BIG business owner, employer to many folks there to go away- quietly or or go to jail for 'having to much and not sharing with the poor" is how he put it to me-

they all live here and now and can't even get the money that "had" in the banks out so they could have a decent life here-- like refugee they got out and made it to USA,

Quote Originally Posted by Alan B View Post
    thank you- actual good intel from some one that has been there-
    No idea ALL non Jews where considered 2nd class- even Christians Huh??

The time and years we spent down South where tons of fun-
    I have 1/4 of my Family still there- but I won;t go there to live and give up my passport-

Heck even my Aunts came here for a while to have kids here , then go back Home (Venezuela) and even in 69-73 they KNEW having that passport would be their ticket out if SHTF there- it did --they lost 3 homes, their land was taken for State use ( put homeless on their 40+ acres ( hectars ) and asked my Uncle - BIG business owner, employer to many folks there to go away- quietly or or go to jail for 'having to much and not sharing with the poor" is how he put it to me-

they all live here and now and can't even get the money that "had" in the banks out so they could have a decent life here-- like refugee they got out and made it to USA,
    Jews are very clannish people who don't mix well with Goyim (Gentiles), The Palestinians and Druze that live there, all have their own societies and issues, which are alien to American Christians. The Christians that live there are about 95% some kind of Middle Eastern strain.

The Israelis are very happy for Christians to visit and leave their money behind, but that is about it. They are not hostile to Americans, just indifferent.

When I lived in South America, I took up with some of the local Abogados, because I am a Law School grad. They sort of adopted me and it gave me a rather unique view on the legal and governmental side of things. Even the most conservative person down there would be considered far left up here. I watched as governments changed like a woman changes her underwear. They all have Constitutions but they are just considered as ideals and not the supreme law of the land. Laws change at the whim of the controlling government.

I had one Ecuadorian lawyer tell me, "You American lawyers are lucky because you know what the law is. We have to read the newspaper every morning to find out what the law is.".

I share the disgust with the way things are going in this country, but at the end of the day, it is still the best around with no viable alternatives. So, I will ride it out and hope, pray and work for a better America.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 11-05-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    His original reply was more colorful.

I liked that one better...
    So did I but decided to edit the post to not be cynical
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Master

The only place I would consider going might be Canada but only because I simply love it up there, absolutely some of the most beautiful real estate in the world, and not because I would be running from the problems here. My ancestors were here when the great European invasion of our country began so I have no ancestral roots anywhere else, besides as has been stated already for all the problems here it's still a great place to live!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot