Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a "Hunter " in the barn

Boolit Grand Master

Good story, thanks for sharing!
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    My cat Oreo has to be in the room I am in if I am in the house. Friends heard me say "In here Oreo" one night and asked why. I told them that plaintive cry he just made means he is lost and needs to find where I am in the house. He comes running then finds a spot to lay where he can see me. He was abandoned three times so he has separation issues.
    That sounds just like our cat Buddy that I spoke of a couple posts back. He was also a large black/white cat which is ironic since yours is named Oreo, I assume the same colors! Buddy made this loud and pitiful cry when he was looking for a family member. He loved to snuggle & rub on people. I miss the little guy He's been gone for a long time but I'll never forget him.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Our cat is deadly on anything smaller than he is. We find all sorts of critters on the walk or porch as proof of his hunting prowess. Then he comes inside and wants to lay in a lap and sleep. We call him Sir Sleeps A lot.

We have 3 dogs
    A mutt ,Fred
    Male husky, Bogie
    Female Husky, Sadie .
    They are outside dogs, we have a fenced in yard that is attached to the house and garage.
    I leave the garage side door open for them for when it rains.

I went outside this morning to get them fresh drinking water and found 9 dead mice in one of the 2 gal buckets we use to water the dogs.
    I have on occasion found 1 dead mouse in their drinking water but this time there were 9
    There is no way they climbed up a plastic bucket or have fallen in since there is nothing around for them to fall from.
    And I don't think they all committed mass suicide.

I knew there were a couple of mice in the garage, but didn't pay all that much attention to them.
    Fred is too fat & lazy to catch anything, plus he'd probably eat it.
    Bogie is older & has a "I don't care attitude"
    Now there is Sadie, 4 yrs old and into everything, she rules the yard.
    I've even come home from work and found her playing with a garden snake.

We will be moving to Missouri as soon as our house is sold .
    The house is out in the country and I am dreading to see what Sadie comes up with next.

Moderator Emeritus

Yup he is a tuxedo kitty and sleeps up against me most of the night unless I am tossing and turning to much. He has to rub and be petted often. I have trained him to be gentle(he gets to excited and can make my hands hurt by pushing to hard), and to put his paw on my palm and pull my hand down to be petted. Hold my hand flat he reached up and does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    That sounds just like our cat Buddy that I spoke of a couple posts back. He was also a large black/white cat which is ironic since yours is named Oreo, I assume the same colors! Buddy made this loud and pitiful cry when he was looking for a family member. He loved to snuggle & rub on people. I miss the little guy He's been gone for a long time but I'll never forget him.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have three outdoor cats. The female calico is a hunter extraordinaire, the male and female ragdolls just whine to be fed. I love 'em all!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Wife and daughter have 8 barn cats, of which half of them are killers. One of my chores in the morning is to feed the horses and remove the dead bodies. Amazes me that an old cat can catch and kill a full grown rabbit.

BB

Banned

Kinda funny, wife and I are cat people, but went several years with only one, exclusively indoor cat. Last January, she got a kitten from a coworker which is huge now and not even full grown. About a month ago, a lady brought a six week old kitten in to give to one of her coworkers for a barn cat, you can guess how that panned out. So now we have a house full of cats again.

This morning I pull into the yard and there was a cat on the edge of the woods. We live on 18 acres out in the sticks. I called to him and he came up to me after about 10 minutes of calling and coaxing. Very friendly, obviously has belonged to someone. Looks like he belongs to us now, but he will be an exclusively outside cat since he still has claws and is intact. It's been a few years since I had an outside cat and it was always in town. I'm gonna have to figure out how to keep coyotes from eating him and also how to give him some shelter and warmth in Winter outside.

How did we become cat magnets all of a sudden?

Moderator Emeritus

A 5 gallon bucket on its side with a small square door in the lid. Put it on a hay bale then stack bales around it leaving a little hols for the cat to get in. Will be coyote proof and warm. I toss old towels and rags inside as bedding. I have several outdoor strays that people dumped off. Most will let me pet them once or twice then run. With 2 inside already I leave them outside!

Banned

This onewas obviously well socialized at one time, absolutely loves human attention. I'm about to break down and get him fixed and declawed and bring him inside.

Thanks for the idea, we found a similar idea of using a plastic tote with a syrofoam cooler inside it and then cutting a hole for the cat to get in and out. Weather is real mild right now, I just put a cardboard box with an old blanket on its side on the porch and he likes it, but I'll have to arrange something better before it gets cold.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

We have 2 6/8 week old kittens that the mother left at our doorstep, wife says she likely didn't have enough milk, me? I have no idea. They sure are cute tho. We bought a covered litter box with swing door, put some bedding in it and filled it with dry straw, they're snug as a bug in a rug on the porch. growing like weeds. The mother comes around every day, just to check on them I think. Can't touch the mother at all, but the kittens snuggle right down when you pick them up.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Reminds me of my old days in N.C. Shooting ground hogs, good story
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Fred just proves you can't stop a fellow that won't quit! Odds be damned, you are going down.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Man
    What a great thread, love the story of Fred and all the rest of the cat tales.
    My own "Jack" is against my right foot as I type, he's a special fella. Lenny the 18 lb wonder cat is out by the chicken coop and our ancient 20 year old "Roo" is asleep near the woodstove. Cats are awesome..

Boolit Grand Master

Tonight I finally met the cat that's been hanging around the last several weeks. Pretty skittish but seemed a bit curious about me. Saw it hanging around tonight and realized I hadn't bribed my pest control contractor lately, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.