Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Crazy world

Boolit Mold

Crazy world

I read and article on Fox news yesterday 9-29 that made me think: am I glad that it's not just the U.S. or am I sad that the whole world has gone crazy. A British soldier went to an emergency room hospital for treatment and was told that he should move to another room so as not to offend anyone because he was in uniform. Any thoughts?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Reminds me of the 60's.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Lets give the Brit docs the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe the man in uniform was moved to another room so no one would get upset if he was treated first.

Banned

not likely.
    they didn't want to upset the well,,,, [fill in your own picture] recipients

Boolit Master

Been around a long time. Kipling wrote "Tommy" about public attitude towards soldiers a century ago, and how it changes when there is war in the offing.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Mold
    Thanks, Beerd for your perspective. I would like to think that was the answer.
    Last edited by fritoguy; 10-02-2015 at 07:35 PM.

In Remembrance

Kinda sounds like they have O`Bama care?Robert

Boolit Grand Master

I don't doubt that for a minute.
    I was trying to get home to Michigan from Korea in 1973 and it took me 4 days just to get on a plane in Korea 'cuz they kept bumping me off for officers dependents. I managed to get to Chicago after a couple of days but they let my connecting flight leave early so I spent the night sleeping on a bench in the airport. When I boarded the plane and sat down a couple of old bitties I passed complained that they did not want to fly with a soldier. I just looked at them and said I was not getting off. They turned around and fumed.

Boolit Grand Master

It's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out the brute, but it's saviour of the country when the guns begin to shoot...

So things have changed in the last 100 years???

Banned
    It's funny, I know that bs happened all the time but it never happened to me. I was in VN 67-68, snuck home 2 times while on R&R, was stationed at MCRD, Pendleton, Elliott, MCAS Santa Ana & a recruiter in Escondido, during the 65-75 time frame when it was at it's height. Especially as a recruiter, in uniform all the time & going to schools & other venues, no one ever, at least where I could hear, said or did anything. Must have been my good looks & pleasant manner, right!

Boolit Master

"Sailors and dogs, keep off the grass!"

Boolit Master
    I have always been very happy to see service men and women close by. Would like to see the number of Americans in uniform triple.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Yes the Hospital is in Kent,the story is true and it has outraged most of us that someone should disrespect our Troops to this extent.Calls have been made for the guilty party to be fired from His/Her Job.Very often these events are acted out by Idiots rather than the actual people who might have been upset by the presence of the Airman.Nevertheless we do not want anyone here who might disrespect our Military personel.Unfortunately we have amongst us those who sympathise with Jehadist views,these are the ones we need to act upon.

Boolit Master
    Yes it is a Crazy World,today in the press it was suggested that people should not use the Office Microwave Oven to heat their Lunchtime Snacks ie Pork Sausage Rolls etc since they might offend certain ethnic races.I would think that it would work both ways and virtualy shut down the Ovens use since Halal and Kosha are not accepted by all.At this stage I think the World had gone absolutely loony if this sort of P,C rubbish was listened to.

Banned

the second crusade will start soon enough.

Boolit Grand Master

Is there anything you can do without offending someone ? Not that I can think of.

Boolit Master
    It's Tommy this and Tommy that and Tommy how's your soul
    but it's a thin red line of heroes when the drums began to roll
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN