Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester mod 94 30-30 feeding problems

Boolit Master

Pappy, take a reload and color the brass case with a black magic marker, then carefully insert it and put downward pressure so guide rails will mark the case. Then you may be able to see where the problem area is on the rails.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    For a few years Winchester made the lifters out of thin sheet metal-they bend very easily. Take a look and if the ejector isn't the shiny silver colored steel lifter order one from numrick or from Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Pappy, take a reload and color the brass case with a black magic marker, then carefully insert it and put downward pressure so guide rails will mark the case. Then you may be able to see where the problem area is on the rails.
    Thanks I will try that in the am. Was out looking at the moon going to give up for the night thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by hydraulic View Post
    For a few years Winchester made the lifters out of thin sheet metal-they bend very easily. Take a look and if the ejector isn't the shiny silver colored steel lifter order one from numrick or from Winchester.
    Its the steel one I put alot of pressure on it trying to get it to load and it didn't budge. thanks

I had issues with a 1968 mfg 94 a few months back, I ended up narrowing it down to the carrier with the help of this forum and a few other resources.

If you feel comfortable doing so I would pull the gun all the way apart, inspect, clean, lube and reassemble. I usually do this if I get any firearm that starts to act up, about half the time the issue kind of jumps out at me when I do this, piece of lead or dirt underneath something critical has caused more headaches for guys who bring me problematic guns, loose screws account for 1/4 and the other 1/4 is a broken part or such.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...4-misadventure
    I did a write up on my blog about my fix for my 94 a few months back, might want to take a look at it and see what I did http://wonderwolfs.blogspot.com/2015...arrier-or.html
    Last edited by wonderwolf; 09-27-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    My firearms project blog

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwolf View Post
    I had issues with a 1968 mfg 94 a few months back, I ended up narrowing it down to the carrier with the help of this forum and a few other resources.

If you feel comfortable doing so I would pull the gun all the way apart, inspect, clean, lube and reassemble. I usually do this if I get any firearm that starts to act up, about half the time the issue kind of jumps out at me when I do this, piece of lead or dirt underneath something critical has caused more headaches for guys who bring me problematic guns, loose screws account for 1/4 and the other 1/4 is a broken part or such.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...4-misadventure
    I did a write up on my blog about my fix for my 94 a few months back, might want to take a look at it and see what I did http://wonderwolfs.blogspot.com/2015...arrier-or.html
    Thanks I can take it apart. A good cleaning prob wouldn't hurt. Its been awhile. I will take a look thanks again. I will post what i find.

Boolit Master
    Try making the COAL longer, not shorter. Winchester '94s have a problem feeding rounds that are too short. I had that problem with #311008 crimped in the crimp groove, but when I seated the boolit a bit farther out it fed fine.