RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Texan DP II

Texan DP II

My Dad gave me several presses not to long ago, one of them being the Texan DP II. It is set up for .410 and has a conversion kit for 20 ga and .410. (yes, two .410 set ups.) Now, having being lucky and finding a nice stash of replacement parts for said press, I am setting pretty.

My dilemma come in wanting to set it up for 12 ga. I don't have a 12 base plat (?) or the final size/crimp. Ironically, I have the conversion parts for the 16 ga.

Is there anyone who still can make these parts or would I do better to try and trade for them in the classifieds.

I have a small stash of Texan parts I will never use in 12, 16 20. 20 ga (labeled 20 an 28) 6 & 8 star crimps, 16 crimp as size and sizer, and links for 20 ga start crimps for presses I don't even own.

Thoughts?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Fleabay or a shotshell reloading forum.

Thanks for the reply! Flebay wasn't worth .02 when I checked it last night. That was one of the reasons I was posting questions here. There are more "press enthusiasts" here than anywhere I know.

You may be right about jointing a shotgun forum. May have to do that tonight.

Duane
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote

Benjamin Franklin

Sorry its not going fast on "Texan parts scrounging". I have wanted to restore a Texan -either shotshell or metallic- for some time. I just like their looks and style, but I have always stopped short because of what you just posted. You can scrounge some of a press but missing parts can be a vexing problem.
    Shotgun World forums is a good source but a majority of those guys are MEC folks from way back. However, they are a very helpful bunch and you might find a member there who can help.
    regards,

Thanks Mike!!

Duane.

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    You might PM "Goodsteel" he HAD some single stage Texan stuff?

Weather he still does? I don't know?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, still have 3 or 4 presses, bushings, and conversion kits. Stashed away in the attic. I really need to put all that stuff up for sale.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.