Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Hollywood Automatic Metallic - Crafty eBay Seller?

Boolit Buddy

Hollywood Automatic Metallic - Crafty eBay Seller?

An eBay seller was offering a .45 shell plate for a Hollywood Automatic Metallic Reloader. See Item 291520874457. Buried in the description was mention that the loader itself was also for sale but it wasn't listed. A few days later the auction for the shell plate was cancelled.

Question #1 - What do you think was the selling price for the loader?

Question #2 - Was this a deliberate attempt by the seller to skip paying eBay selling fees?

1) Only the seller, and possible buyer know.

2) Possibly, but prove it. Could have sold the press locally, so that he didn't have to box it up for shipping, and local buyer wanted the shellplate.

Boolit Buddy
    No desire to prove it. It's just a practice that I have not seen on any auction site before if my suspicions are correct. The implications go beyond just skipping out of eBay fees though. Not having the sale go through on eBay may also be an attempt to remove it from IRS radar.
    Last edited by beeser; 07-25-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Sellers withdraw offers to sell for a bunch of reasons.

I called a local seller and told them I was on my way to look at an item. While in route about15min later I got a call and said it was sold!!!!

Did it really sell or did the seller change their mind about selling? And I am not talking about a $10 item either.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by KohlerK91 View Post
    Sellers withdraw offers to sell for a bunch of reasons.

I called a local seller and told them I was on my way to look at an item. While in route about15min later I got a call and said it was sold!!!!

Did it really sell or did the seller change there mind about selling? And I am not talking about $10 item either.
    The withdrawal of the item from eBay is not the issue. It's the embedding of the main or substantially more expensive item for sale in the description of the lesser expensive item. It's like placing an ad for a steering wheel and in the description stating that the car itself is also for sale. I'd say crafty of the seller if the ad cost is based on the selling price of the ad item not what's hidden in the description.
    Last edited by beeser; 07-25-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Boolit Master
    Beeser, this seller that you are casting suspicions about has about the highest integrity of anyone I have ever dealt with on eBay.

This seller offers top self reloading products and is one of the very, very few that actually takes the time and care to pack them correctly so they are not harmed. Unlike almost most sellers of presses.

Furthermore, did you take the time to look at the seller's sales record?

Almost 25,000!!

No, I did not slip and add any extra zeros.

Do you really think the seller would risk their standing with eBay over one sale? Even if it was $1000-2000.

Please don't stir up unsubstantiated ramblings about this person. They provide great products and great service to vintage reloaders and have been for YEARS.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Beeser, this seller that you are casting suspicions about has about the highest integrity of anyone I have ever dealt with on eBay.

This seller offers top self reloading products and is one of the very, very few that actually takes the time and care to pack them correctly so they are not harmed. Unlike almost most sellers of presses.

Furthermore, did you take the time to look at the seller's sales record?

Almost 25,000!!

No, I did not slip and add any extra zeros.

Do you really think the seller would risk their standing with eBay over one sale? Even if it was $1000-2000.

Please don't stir up unsubstantiated ramblings about this person. They provide great products and great service to vintage reloaders and have been for YEARS.
    Yes, I did look at the seller's sales record and that's one of the reasons for raising the questions. I doubt a less savvy seller would think of embedding an item for sale in the body of another but related item. I think it's reasonable to ask why? Whether your dealings with the seller were satisfactory or not have nothing to do with my questions.

Question #3 - Why did the seller choose not to list the press itself separately instead of listing just a piece of it?

Boolit Master
    There is a backstory that you know nothing about, nor should you.

It is none of your business.
    Last edited by LUBEDUDE; 07-25-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Left word out
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    There is backstory that you nothing about, nor should you.

It is none of your business.
    Well, that answers part of my questions.

Boolit Master

I had contact with the seller, who offered me the metallic press, but it has apparently been sold.

I wonder whom here ended up with it.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Buddy
    I think its all free listings now anyway. Only get charged their ridiculously exorbitant fees if it sells. Clever ad with no chance of a big fee, only the small item can actually sell. May use that one myself someday!
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Beeser I agree with lube, its really none of our business if a seller on eBay has a change of mind and sells their item locally or where he or she can maximize their profit. I will tell you that my first Dillon rl300 came from this seller. Leave him or her alone and move on. I will tell you this I was planing on bidding on that .45acp kit as I have a Hollywood automatic in my collection, but too bad, o well........
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD