RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No more hunting with boolits in Ca?

Boolit Grand Master

No more hunting with boolits in Ca?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinNZ View Post
    Why do people even abide by these rules? Just ignore them. They can't enforce this non sense.
    Because I'm betting if it's not yet it will become a felony to use lead bullets. Which of course means no more firearms for you. CA has a coyote and mountain lion problem that's going to get worse in a hurry. Can't wait to see how this one plays out from the other side of the county.

Wow, the nonsense coming out of that state is just unbelievable. Not only am I a gun guy but also an avid motorcyclist. I feel like I'm under attack in everything I love to do and 98% of the BS originates there. I know this subject is borderline political and this is not the place but I just have to say it. After a particular incident there a few years ago I decided to boycot all goods and services originating from that state. It's been tough. It is the center of the aftermarket motorcycle industry, all the moto mags are there. Cancelled them all. I don't know what I'm going to do when I need a new computer. Buy used I guess. Sure do miss them little oranges but I can sometimes find them imported from Spain. What else ya gonna do?

Ya gotta realize that there are a lot of great people, YOUR TYPE of people, in california. My take, from my time going to school and living there, is that they made the state the financial powerhouse that it is.

Unfortunately, there are so many damn people there, that the number of anti-gun and anti-hunting can make the rules. But ill bet there are still more cool people overall in CA than any other state. Except maybe Texas. Go ahead and lambaste me, then look deeper and think of outfits like LASC and Livermore labs and tell me that california is not chock full of major contributors to the casting, hunting, and national defense fields

Boolit Master
    My worry is that the drought will force 25 million Californians to evacuate to the rest of the west to extend the Californication (I can say this since I was born and raised within bicycle distance of the Rose Bowl).
    That is not as fanciful as it sounds. About ten years ago a study was done on a sunken forest over 200 feet down in Lake Tahoe. That forest grew in that spot for fifty years during a drought. The researchers noted that should such a drought occur today, there would only be enough fresh water in California to sustain 3-5 million people. Tree rings show those mega droughts occur in the Southwest (Calif. plus all the states of the Four Corners region) about every 400 years. The last ended just before the arrival of Columbus.

Boolit Master
    Tree rings also show there was a mega drought in California from about 1700-1775. Precipitation was only about 25% of normal.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    My worry is that the drought will force 25 million Californians to evacuate to the rest of the west to extend the Californication (I can say this since I was born and raised within bicycle distance of the Rose Bowl).
    That is not as fanciful as it sounds. About ten years ago a study was done on a sunken forest over 200 feet down in Lake Tahoe. That forest grew in that spot for fifty years during a drought. The researchers noted that should such a drought occur today, there would only be enough fresh water in California to sustain 3-5 million people. Tree rings show those mega droughts occur in the Southwest (Calif. plus all the states of the Four Corners region) about every 400 years. The last ended just before the arrival of Columbus.
    Many years ago the question came up about what happened to all of the cliff dwelling tribes of the S W.

At that time researchers looked at the tree rings and it was determined a major drought hit the S W area and the original builders abandoned vast areas in search of a simple glass of water.

At one time there were vast areas of irrigation ditches built in and around Phoenix Az.

I never heard of any studies being done on who the builders were,when the work was done,what crops were raised or when the ditches were abandoned.

Mother nature has been experimenting on this planet since its existence and we are only observers not problem makers.

Yes SOME humans made big mistakes like building in a desert area and thinking they were smart enough to beat mother nature but she seems to win every time if you give the old girl TIME.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

It's also a 65mph speed limit on most freeways out here and of course we all drive just right to make sure we are following the laws...sure we do. We are overwhelmed with nit picking stuff from Sacramento..not to mention the Feds..some of our attitudes are "catch us if you can" regarding lots of things...enough said

Banned

Kalifornia does have a lot of great people but their votes are a drop in the bucket compared to the quacks. Getting the same all over the country. What Kaly gets away with is taken up in the east real fast. I feel my vote is useless anymore since so many nut cases drown me out. The more on gov't dole the worse it gets. Demoncrats will win. Get every wetback vote is next. Let more Muslims in the country. I was born in the north, Ohio, but would proudly wave the next confederate flag as old as I am. We must go back to the Constitution.
    I think 46 Demoncrats voted to have the UN take our guns. Soros and Bloomberg should be tarred and feathered. Gun companies should all move out of Kalifornia. Texas and WV will take them in.
    I hope kalifornia never gets a drop of water again and it should fall into the sea.
    MD is shot and VA is borderline, then go north, NY is a cess pool.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Many years ago the question came up about what happened to all of the cliff dwelling tribes of the S W.

At that time researchers looked at the tree rings and it was determined a major drought hit the S W area and the original builders abandoned vast areas in search of a simple glass of water.

At one time there were vast areas of irrigation ditches built in and around Phoenix Az.

I never heard of any studies being done on who the builders were,when the work was done,what crops were raised or when the ditches were abandoned.

Mother nature has been experimenting on this planet since its existence and we are only observers not problem makers.

Yes SOME humans made big mistakes like building in a desert area and thinking they were smart enough to beat mother nature but she seems to win every time if you give the old girl TIME.
    The Anasazi were the Indians you mentioned and were forced to move (or take up defensive positions) several times over a 1000 years each corresponding to a mega drought. we live in interesting times.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes the Anasazi were the cliff builders but who built the irrigation system near Phoenix Az?

Boolit Buddy
    I would assume though that you are not hunting until you actually shoot at an animal. Therefore target practice with lead bullets should not be a problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    I would assume though that you are not hunting until you actually shoot at an animal. Therefore target practice with lead bullets should not be a problem.
    Don't bet on it! Kali is where the WW lead ban started, lead poisons the earth but in my whole life i only found one WW at a crash site. When have you EVER lost a WW? Lead is pretty inert. Might take a million years to leach into water. Far less then natural junk in water. Water pipes were soldered with lead for years so some could have been in water but Kali kids ate lead paint because it is sweet. Made them all crazy. How many of you would let your kids eat paint from windowsills? Or chew the crib? Know what a paddle is for?

Banned

Kali needs water, pipe it in lead pipes so you will have a million more Hillery's.

Fish and Game Wardens will be ordered to enforce the lead ban by their supervisors. Fines will be excessive and if you are anywhere that is not a gun range, you will be considered hunting and will have your rifle confiscated and be fined as much as $1500 or more so you Will Comply or face the consequences. I am already reluctant to pay the high hunting and fishing fees here in Calif. I guess I will be reduced to target shooting at the range from now on. I wonder what would happen if there was a total boycott on hunting and fishing licenses. Who would fund fish and game then?
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Boolit Grand Master
    Haters gonna hate. Posters lacking the insight or sense to discern the VAST differences between the good people of California and the dipthong shotcallers in Sacramento need to stay low and keep dark.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

The last time California built a water project. It's population was half what it is now. Over 70% of California rain fall is allowed to run off into the ocean. Since greenies say a dam is a sin against nature. This water shortage is man made.
    “AMERICA WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED FROM THE OUTSIDE. IF WE FALTER AND LOSE OUR FREEDOMS, IT WILL BE BECAUSE WE DESTROYED OURSELVES.” President Abraham Lincoln

Banned

It is true there are good people in Kali but I get sick of reading stuff on every product that it is not legal in Kali. I am clear across the country but a bottle of anything has Kali restrictions. Why is that stuff on everything we buy? Look at cars, every one has to be different. Dips do not allow clearing brush so the state burns and pollutes the world. Mansions burn but that is OK, a WW is worse. The smoke from out there puts all the steel makers to shame. The west burns every year but the EPA wants to stop a wood burner to heat with. They are after a BBQ too. Smoke meat and go to jail!
    When all of you out there need to boil a steak in water because a char mark causes cancer, don't blame me. All that junk comes from out there.
    You can't afford to live close to work so you drive hundreds of miles to work, use gas and oil. Who made it too expensive to live there?
    Why are companies bailing the state? Why so much debt?
    A republican in Kali is one dead leaf from a tree.
    Sea water can be made fresh with the plants now, filters. But Kali wants water from other states rivers and mountains. The earth has tilted a few degrees because of earthquakes so weather has changed. Global warming! What trash. Sun energy is different. Al Gore will fix it when he has a bigger carbon footprint then 1,000,000 of us. He is super rich on our backs. A few degrees tilt of the earth will make deserts out of lush land. Kali is the target right now. It will be a dust bowl. But I will be blamed because I drive a car.
    The heat in Africa makes hurricanes but your BBQ is a felony.
    Cut the rain forest down. It has reduced carbon forever and made oxygen for the earth.
    Soon we will be Mars. The most greedy are liberals and will ruin the earth.

Boolit Grand Master

I just ATTEMPTED to check out GOOSE LAKE (one of my old time rockhounding sites)using google map and found out it must be a restricted area.

All of the area including viillages is covered on grey.

Wonder how the folks in Oregon feel about their water vanishing?

Banned

I just ATTEMPTED to check out GOOSE LAKE (one of my old time rockhounding sites)using google map and found out it must be a restricted area.

No better, depend on snow melt or kali stealing water. Sun hits the earth different so look east where it is colder. Washington is in trouble too. The east has had more snow, cold and rain then at anytime. DC got smacked last night so maybe I can bottle water to sell. I heat with wood so maybe I ruined the west. Nature can't be tamed. But the military might be controlling weather. What is that huge array in Alaska doing?

Boolit Master

That's odd. I drove by not 6 moths ago, and it was not all grey?

Here in the valley there is no concern about a water shortage, but I am worried what this means for the coast range. It is dry in the range this year. More of a fire hazard, and closed hunting is what is means for me. I was up a few weeks to set up cameras, and it is as dry as june already. No campfire signs are already being placed, and I expect gates will be closing in a matter of weeks instead of July, or August. This is going to be a bad fire year on the west coast. All that ribbing on the east coast for all the snow, and they will be laughing at us as we try to figure out how to deal with the firestorms.