Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever notice how it's easier to be negative than positive?

Boolit Master

Actually it depends on how long ago you slept with a Holiday Inn as the Positive may decay causing the net neutrality to become unbalanced.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

As messed up as my body is I can't afford to be negative. I look forward to each day and to what I may accomplish.

Boolit Grand Master

I can understand with Mary B. I have to plan things out ahead of time and decide if help is needed. but then help is company also. Ive told several that all you have to do is pick up the local paper and you can find others worse off. Im normally on the up swing and look forward to the simple things. DAughter a the 2 grandson were over this evening. Little jack came in the door and fell down. He got up and Looked at me smiled and came running for his hug. Avery gave me smiles from his car seat when he heard my voice and more when I was holding him. Little Jack is 3 years old and Avery is 3 months. Gave jack a couple suckers and opened one for him. He wanted to "share with brother so I held it to Averys lips and He liked it. Drooled alot but he went to town. Like I said its the little things to look for. I have my family my friends and alot who care . Thats what makes life worthwhile

I'm positive that there is a lot of negative people in this old world. Which one we want to be is a matter of choice. If all we see is bad things we will be negative. If all we look for is good things in life we will be positive. Of this I'm positive. "Life is just another day in paradise."
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

I listened to this story by Alan Watts many years ago, on "optimism and pessimism". Always thought it quite the lesson.

The Story Of The Chinese Farmer
    [Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 – 16 November 1973):]
    Source: LYBIO.net
    Once upon a time there was a Chinese farmer, whose horse ran away. And all the neighbors came around to commensurate that evening, "So sorry to hear your horse has ran away. That’s too bad." And he said, "Maybe."
    The next day the horse came back, bringing seven wild horses with it, and everybody came around in the evening and said, "Oh, isn’t that lucky. What a great turn of events. You’ve now got eight horses." And he said, "Maybe."
    The next day his son tried to break one of these horses and ride it and was thrown and broke his leg. And they all said, "Oh, dear that’s too bad." And he said, "Maybe."
    The following day the conscription officers came around to recruit to force people into the army and they rejected his son, because he had a broken leg. And all the people came around and said, "Isn’t that great." And he said, "Maybe."
    [Alan Watts:]
    Source: LYBIO.net
    You see that is the attitude of not thinking of things in terms of gain or loss, advantage or disadvantage, because you don’t really know. The fact that you might get a letter from a solicitor, I mean from a law office tomorrow, saying that some distant relative of yours has left you a million dollars, it might be something you would feel very, very happy about, but the disasters that it could lead to are unbelievable. Internal Revenue – to mention only one part of that.
    So you never really know whether something is fortune or misfortune.
    100,000 BC: stone tools. 4,000 BC: the wheel. 900 AD: gunpowder — bit of a game changer, that one

Peter Weyland, 2023

Nothing to worry about, because for once, I have the proper tool at hand. Looking for a little heat?.......Any questions?

Burt Gummer, Tremors 3

Boolit Master
    A Neutron walks into a bar and orders a drink...

The bartender says NO CHARGE!

Badda Bing!!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

Ever notice how it's easier to be negative than positive?

+, - , realist

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Some say that you find what you look for....So be careful of what you want....

Thas because you have to distort reality to be positive.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    is peon a noun or a verb?
    It's a victim either way.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=WILCO;3159967]

Whadaya Mean By That !?!

Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Grand Master
    Is being positive a negative????
    I know a few who are positive they know everything.

Is being a negative a positive????
    We have many negative politicians who keep getting elected.