Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Pact Model "1" Chronograph

Boolit Grand Master

Question Pact Model "1" Chronograph

I just got one of these.
    Guy never used it, and it looks like he never did.
    Anyone have any experience with it????

Banned

not with that unit but I do have a newer pact and its been kind of a pain in the but. Been back to pact twice now. It gives more consistant readings then my chronys did but it keeps quitting on me.

Boolit Master

Deleted
    Last edited by 376Steyr; 02-24-2015 at 11:50 AM. Reason: deleted doulble post

Boolit Master

I have one and like it. My only complaint is it tends to be finicky when trying to use it in the late afternoon, as the sideways sun makes the bullets stop registering as they pass over the sensors. You will really like it when (not if) you put your first hole through a sensor and can replace it relatively cheaply; and very quickly if you have the wit to keep a spare sensor on hand. Helpful hint: Set it up and test it with some cheap ammo each time to check alignment before testing your expensive stuff. "Wasting" a few shots of .22LR before sending $2-a-shot jacketed downrange will be appreciated by your wallet.

Boolit Master
    I've had one for many years. I like it. You can always get an answer when you call them about a problem. Try it.

Boolit Man

I've been very happy with mine. Only issue has been with not "seeing" the bullet when the bright Arizona sun is shining directly on the sensors. Took along a patio umbrella for quite awhile so the sensors were in the shade, but got tired of that so just taped cardboard to the side that usually faces the morning sun and made a small eyelid for the front to shade the front sensor. Seems to work just fine now, hasn't missed a bullet since putting the cardboard on it.

abunaitoo,
    I've had one for many years. When setting up, the Pact techs advised to keep the wires in contact with the ground and do not tie the leads together but keep them separate. Otherwise false readings can occur. I know because I once got a reading of 5000+ fps from my 1911 ! Separated the wires and let them touch the ground and never had another problem.

Boolit Grand Master
    This is the first one I've owned.
    Have not used one before.
    I just hope I don't shoot it's eye out.........

Boolit Buddy

Been using my PACT Pro Chrono XP for 4 years now, no problems at all!
    Directions are very good and the people at PACT are very helpful.
    And it is made in Texas!

Boolit Master
    I bought one years ago, still have it but it no longer functions, but I really liked when it did.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

The new Pact's seem to eat batteries a lot faster than the old Pact. If it acts funny put a new GOOD battery in it. Cheapie batteries don't last in them at all.

I've had one for years and finally made an adapter to I could plug it into a cigerett lighter plug hooked to a dry cell battery and not have to worry about the battery going dead or having to buy 9v batteries. The only complaint is keeping the sky screen shades from being blasted down range when shooting the 300 WBY.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    I've had one for years and finally made an adapter to I could plug it into a cigerett lighter plug hooked to a dry cell battery and not have to worry about the battery going dead or having to buy 9v batteries. The only complaint is keeping the sky screen shades from being blasted down range when shooting the 300 WBY.
    And with the size of 12V solar panels now and a cheapo converter you could use it like that.

Boolit Master
    Mine needed new parts and PACT told me they can't repair it. Kinda defeats the warranty, now doesn't it? I was told I could send it back and get 30% off of a new one, but I bought a Caldwell on sale for $69 instead.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.