Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: Commercial #1

Boolit Master

Commercial #1

I was at the LGS this afternoon and as usual I take a gander at the powder they do have. Slowly but surely many powders are starting to show up mostly for rifle. What I did see today was 4lbs of Commercial 1 'pistol and shotgun powder.' The price was $122.95 which works out to $33.25/lb out the door, which seems a bit high for a surplus powder. I did buy a set of dies so I asked the girl at the counter about the load data and she handed me a sheet with the data on it. It is a pull down powder and though she said it may be military she did not know for sure. Does anyone have any experience with this? A pdf attachment of the load data sheet is below. It lists 9mm, 357mag, 40 S&W, 45acp, and 44mag.
    Last edited by Bzcraig; 02-20-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Im not sure but i think i read somewhere its csb-1 from europe. Same thing r.i.o uses in their shotshells. Again not sure. Its not pull down but new stuff if im right.

Banned

Looks close to unique to me.

CSB-1 Maxam Powder out of Spain.....It is great powder and we use it commercially in all of our ammo as do all of the other commercial outfits around here. I will not be going back to other powders even if they do come back in steady supply. I'm pretty sure I can get you a better deal on it....34.00 sounds high. If in fact you are getting pull down CSB-1 I can get you new manufacture all day long.

Use Hodgdon Universal Data for your loads....It is what we use....just use the starting load and work up. I have loaded about 100k rounds with it in 9,40,45,38,357...works great.
    Last edited by TES; 02-22-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    I was at the LGS this afternoon and as usual I take a gander at the powder they do have. Slowly but surely many powders are starting to show up mostly for rifle. What I did see today was 4lbs of Commercial 1 'pistol and shotgun powder.' The price was $122.95 which works out to $33.25/lb out the door, which seems a bit high for a surplus powder. I did buy a set of dies so I asked the girl at the counter about the load data and she handed me a sheet with the data on it. It is a pull down powder and though she said it may be military she did not know for sure. Does anyone have any experience with this? A pdf attachment of the load data sheet is below. It lists 9mm, 357mag, 40 S&W, 45acp, and 44mag.
    That data sheet is the exact same data sheet that is distributed with CSB-1 powder from Hi-Tech Ammunition. Looks like you might want to shop around for a better price.

Boolit Master

TES

Do you mind giving some "typical" velocities with powder?

OR

It so close to Universal that we can assume approximate equal velocities.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

There are a couple of threads on this site that have data for CSB-1 data posted for a number of cartridges. Just do a search for CSB-1 and you'll find them.

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    TES

Do you mind giving some "typical" velocities with powder?

OR

It so close to Universal that we can assume approximate equal velocities.
    I mean with in 5 to 10 fps of universals published data. Just use starting loads and work up to where you want to be...this is great powder.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Boolit Man
    I have 30 lbs of it. I have worked up lloads for 9mm, 40, 38, and a mild ( good short barrel) 357 load. I also Will stick with it. I know that like any bulk powder, it will have bigger lot-to-lot variance than cannisters , but thats why I bought 30 lbs. of same lot. Mine runs almost identical to w231, for what it is worth, and that is comparing it side by side with a chrono .

Banned

probably the same stuff as the old pr200 we used to get for 50 bucks per 5lb keg

Boolit Master
    As I understand it, you may want to use data from International Clays when loading for shotshell.. I used Universal data for the 20 guage and they seemed a little bit warm...