Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the Award Letter Yesterday, Social Security Disability finally Approved Me

Boolit Buddy

Got the Award Letter Yesterday, Social Security Disability finally Approved Me

Well everyone, my wife and I can breathe a lot easier now. I got a letter from social security yesterday, only it was a large envelope and kinda heavy, so I thought it was probably some kind of information on me attending some type of hearing or such. I opened the envelope and as I pulled out all the papers the words "Award Letter" caught my eye and I shouted to my wife we finally got relief, Social Security has approved me, and they said I should receive my lump sum check in the mail on Jan 23. I immediately started praising the Lord and crying because it felt as if a million pounds had been lifted off my shoulders. I appreciate everyone on the forum for their support, prayers, and encouragement while waiting on this decision. I just wanted to share this with all of you, my family here on CB.

Scott

I wanted to add this in after I finally got myself calmed down and my feet back on the floor...lol. I want each and everyone of you to know that I could not have made it through this without each and every one of YOU. Your Love, kind words, thoughts, prayers, encouragement, financial support, support of my little business has meant the world to me. I have never met a stranger on this sight, the kindest, most generous, loving, supporting people are found right here on CB. I love all of you so much and you mean the world to me. I can never ever repay all the kindness shown to me here on this sight, but believe you me, if I have the means to do so, I am certainly going to pay it forward, and also try to return the kindness shown to me here over the last few months.
    I would like to share one thing with all of you that has helped to carry me through all of the desperation and dark days I have been through. My daughter gave me a small card with the words "The Lord will not allow His own to be down trodden" and I have kept that verse and it runs in my head several times a day.

Pat and I thank each and everyone of you with all of our hearts. I really love you all from the bottom of my heart and I am here for all of you if I can ever do anything for you. To God be the Glory!
    Last edited by DeputyDog25; 01-21-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Banned

Thank God
    good for you.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Finally!! Congrats!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Moderator Emeritus

Great news Scott. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Moderator Emeritus

Scott, I am so happy for the Award Letter....May God watch over you and your wife.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Wonderful news.

Boolit Grand Master

Good. Now your challenge is the wise use of the windfall and living on the limited income it provides. You are allowed to earn up to a certain amount per month and this should be in the award letter information. Pay attention to this - you can significantly improve your living conditions by earning a relatively small amount on top of the disability.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Awesome!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

to your good fortune
    Last edited by Artful; 01-21-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy

Scott-
    Outstanding news! In the short time I've known you, you've displayed honesty, integrity, humility, faith, perserverance, and self-confidence in important matters. Any one of these characteristics is notable, but combined, they note you as an honest man- one who can and does get the job done, despite adversity. You stand out as a model of holding to your values and teachings, knowing that you have done all that could be done by an honest man, despite the fussings of a government-paid minion, who lives to make sure those I's are dotted and T's are crossed. You now have even their blessing!
    Follow those earning limitations carefully, lest they find reason to disqualify you- remember, you are now at their mercy. Protect your families livelihood carefully. Whatever has been awarded you can in no measure repay or measure your suffering, but it does finally indicate you have jumped through their hurdles as they demand.
    Your windfall earnings must be carefully used to best repay those debts you have, and take care of the doctors who have provided you with relief and comfort. Measure each expenditure carefully. When it is gone, the well is dry-
    Yes, many of us on this Forum find ourselves disabled and unable to work. There is no dis-honor in receiving payment for what you have earned so many times over. Use it wisely and measure it out-

Be good my friend- Celebrate this success with your family and supporters; those who matter most to you- Remember those that have stood with you-

Chuck 358wcf

Boolit Master

At last.

Awesome!

Boolit Master
    Congratulations! good Lord willin and the creeks don't rise I am hoping to see that same kinda letter one of these days. I know how long the road you were on was. I am there now.

God Bless!

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Buddy

Good things happen to good folks....

Good news Scott, take a deep breath.

Banned

Don't forget to write some "thank you" letters to the political reps you contacted, and let them know you got relief. Glad this came through and didn't take ten years like it does for some folks.

Gear

Didn't take me ten but it was sure a long four years.......
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Moderator Emeritus

That is good news indeed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Outstanding!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

Yeehah!