RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: CZ owners

Boolit Buddy

CZ owners

Would any CZ 527 Lux owners please respond. I am considering buying one but I wonder if the severe drop on the eurapean style stock is too low for using a scope. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I'd get the American model if you want to use a scope. The Lux puts my eye perfectly in line with the irons, or about at the level of the scope bases. People I see using scopes on those rifles normally use some sort of chin weld, keeping their heads upright. If you get a rifle with any recoil at all that's gonna hurt.

-Nobade

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Just put a scope with a smaller objective bell on it such as the Burris Timberline or equivalent so that you can use medium height mounts and the bolt will clear the ocular. Use a tiny bit more of "erect head position". These LUX rifles are hunting guns.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Scoping a CZ-527Lux had no issues for me.

Ditto on pietro's comment. Mine is a Lux .22 hornet and have a Burris HBR 6x on it. Never had any issue. Get the best scope you can afford that fits the little rifle. You will be amazed at how accurate it can be.

Boolit Man
    I have several CZ-527's, all with the LUX stock which has a drop at heal that is appropriate for iron sights. I use
    a scope on all of them and have not found the drop to be a problem. For a walk-around gun I prefer the LUX
    stocks, not the American style. I use a CZ-527 in 7.62x39 with iron sights on it for rabbits and coyotes while
    walking the sage brush. I like the stock. The bottom line is that you have to try both styles and see what
    YOU like, not what I or anybody else likes.

If you look at the average person firing a rifle while standing you will probably see 1 to 2 inches of butt stock
    above their shoulder. They could use a stock with more drop at heel and a comb that is high enough for
    scope use. Stock fit is so personal. I wish you luck.

Agree with the three post above. Necks come in different lengths. I currently have an old 3x9X Weaver mounted in high Leupold rings on my CZ 527 LUX. Fits me just fine. Can also see down the irons fine with the scope off. Those high steel rings are heavy though. Plus that old steel tube weaver is no lightweight. Thus the rifle is currently fat and lopsided looking. Bell only misses over the rear sight leaf by 1/16th inch. It's just there for load testing. Recoil on my 222 Rem. Even with full power loads using 53gr SMK's and H-4198 is minimal. Odd but for no more under a 223 than it is there seams to be far less recoil than even my ten pound 223 bolt gun. It relay shines with cast boolits at 2,400 fps and naked with irons. I clipped on a $3.50 nylon M16 sling in Uncle mikes swivels and it works and looks great. Rifle slings up very solid in about any hunting position I can dream up and get my 59 year old body into. Also use a five and a half foot long walking stick when crossing fields. Use it as a monopod rest. I'm enjoying shooting a couple iron sighted rifles here before my eyes get to far gone. I've three 22 boolit molds. Plan is to use my Bator mold for reduced loads over around 5.0 grains of 700X powder. Trying to get the noise down for central Illinois coyote hunting. I'll register the irons to the reduced load and set a scope for the fast movers. Love this little rifle. Like the 24 inch barrel of the LUX also as it helps get muzzle pressure and noise down with increased velocity for free. It's still a small rifle. Could not be more beautiful or well machined. Need to get it epoxy bedded though. Maybe this week as temps are to be sub zero and I won't be getting out after tomorrows job.

Boolit Man
    One thing to note - NO ONE makes a truly low rings for a CZ-527. You may find that available rings are way too
    high for a CZ-527 with a Lux stock. I have one with an American stock and one with a Lux stock. I had to
    alter a set of Millet low rings to work on the CZ-527 with the Lux stock. If you are interested I will post a
    How-to on the ring alteration.

My curiosity is tweaked now oldsagerat. What sort of modification to the Millet rings?

I have an order coming any minute with a Burris C4 Plus 3X-9X-40mm. Which is on sale for $140 at Natchez. Kind of a funky reticle but who knows I may like it. Plan is to mount the 3x9 on my 30-06 M70 and take it's Burris FF II 2-7x35 for the CZ 527. Holding that 2-7x35mm up to the CZ527 it appears it is short enough to mount just behind the leaf sight. So I should be able to use the set of Millet medium rings I have. Provided the bolt will clear the back end. Other scope I looked at was the Redfield Revolution 2-7x. But the Burris is what was on sale. I’ll try getting a picture up when it comes in.

If I can’t shoot the 2-7 set on 2x with both eyes open for hitting running game. I’ll mount a smaller scope like the 1-3x off my night hunter AR 15.

Sounds like you have a good back up plan on that scope Gabby. What other two Boolit moulds have you tried in yours besides the Bator? Thats one i havent tried yet. Ain't these CZ's fun? Ha.
    Last edited by Hooker53; 01-14-2015 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Words