RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Any members from the Waco Texas Area?

Boolit Buddy

Any members from the Waco Texas Area?

I'm moving out to Waco Texas in July to start a new job. For me this is a total uprooting, no friends no family within 500 Miles more or less. So I'm very much starting over again.

I was wondering if we had any forum members in the area that could help me get a lay of the land and show me the local ranges. Maybe you'll get a new shooting buddy out of it!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I know we have quite a few Texans here. You might want to also post in off-topic or some other section, so more may see your question.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

In Remembrance
    No friends, well the girls at baylor should be able to keep your attention. lol

Boolit Master
    Sorry buddy I am on the opposite side of the state from where you are going. As was said there are a few of us lone star shooters around though.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master
    I have a buddy inthe area but im a bit over an hour from there. Surely somebody on the forum lives up that way.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Mike View Post
    I'm moving out to Waco Texas in July to start a new job. For me this is a total uprooting, no friends no family within 500 Miles more or less. So I'm very much starting over again.

I was wondering if we had any forum members in the area that could help me get a lay of the land and show me the local ranges. Maybe you'll get a new shooting buddy out of it!
    I live in the area. As far as local ranges, there is the Central Texas Pistol and Rifle Club near China Spring, and there is a waiting list. If you are a member there, you also have member privileges at the skeet range by the airport just east of China Spring. For not much more money, there is Chandlers out west of China Spring run by a delightful lady named Alice. Member "Whipple" also helps out at that range but he hasn't been on the site in a while. It's only 100 yards max but they do have an ffl and members get a discount for firearms transfers, at least they used to.

As you can see, China Spring is the epicenter of known shooting ranges in this area. The only other one I know of is south of town a ways and I hear it is pricey. Of course, I don't know everything or so my wife keeps telling me, so there may be some other options.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Buddy

Shooting Ranges

I live south of you down in New Braunfels. Lots of shooting ranges if you are willing to drive a bit. Will PM with information. Centex Bill

Boolit Master

I'm Southeast of Waco about 2 1/2 hours
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Mike View Post

Www.texashuntingforum.com = more than enough friends & info for a lifetime!

Boolit Master
    I'm also in Waco, and glad to help if at all possible. Let me know how I can be useful and touch base when you get out here.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

I'm about 2 hrs west of Waco but will be available after June of this year for assistance

gmsharps