RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: W.V. Whopper

W.V. Whopper

Here is last weeks Bow kill in southern WV , a real bruiser that is supposedly going to edge out our 185 B&C firearm kill for the new state record, this buck is green at 197 reportedly, a jem dandy anyway.... Attachment 122512Attachment 122513If this needs moved please do so..

Boolit Master
    You won't see many of those in one lifetime. Congratulations!

That's not me, ( I wish it was) !!!! lol..

Man what breeding stock he would have made and has made for a few years. NICE BUCK.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Banned

I have a 189 3/8 15 pointer on the wall from a muzzle loader kill. It has ruined me ever sense. I had it scored 3 years after I shot it. They told me it might have lost about 8-10" over the standard wait time to score.

That is a reallllly nice deer though. I would not pass it up. Mine was guessed at 7 years old. They said that was probably his last good year he had left by the shape of his teeth. There have been 3 other deer in the same area that have been over 195" and one over 215". They all look very close to mine just longer tines.

Boolit Master

Congratulations!
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I have a 189 3/8 15 pointer on the wall from a muzzle loader kill. It has ruined me ever sense. I had it scored 3 years after I shot it. They told me it might have lost about 8-10" over the standard wait time to score.

That is a reallllly nice deer though. I would not pass it up. Mine was guessed at 7 years old. They said that was probably his last good year he had left by the shape of his teeth. There have been 3 other deer in the same area that have been over 195" and one over 215". They all look very close to mine just longer tines.
    Yeah, you heartland fellows have it made out there with all the big monster bucks... Lol . This buck is only a main framed 10 if he had more points he'd really be up up there in the score, still he is a monster in anyone's book though, and really a good one, for a acorn fed mountain buck ..
    Last edited by butch2570; 11-22-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Banned

Really, that is a nice deer. What I was trying to say is after you get a big one, it makes it hard to just hunt for regular deer. I gave up because I could not find another one bigger in the new areas I hunt now.

But that is one deer I would not pass up.

Boolit Master

Butch2570,
    Where was that buck taken in WV? I think there was a new bow record last year taken near Logan.I live in Mingo Co. Just curious. Was it a local guy?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    Butch2570,
    Where was that buck taken in WV? I think there was a new bow record last year taken near Logan.I live in Mingo Co. Just curious. Was it a local guy?
    It was in McDowell. Here is a link to the story.

http://wvmetronews.com/2014/11/20/hu...owell-monster/

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Really, that is a nice deer. What I was trying to say is after you get a big one, it makes it hard to just hunt for regular deer. I gave up because I could not find another one bigger in the new areas I hunt now.

But that is one deer I would not pass up.
    I personally know several people that have taken 170 class deer here, that say exactly what you just did Tommy, they actually said it robs their joy of the hunt because they keep expecting to take a bigger buck,and they get disappointed when they don't..

In Remembrance
    I never got a rack like that, does beeeeg antlers taste better than small ones. I never found a good recipe for any that I managed to get. lol

Banned

Old China guy says to grind them up and sprinkle on potatoes. Gives you kick in the bedroom from what he says.

Boolit Grand Master

Very nice buck, thanks for passing that along. I like the clean look of a wide & heavy 10 (or even 8) point.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

great all around antlers, but the diam of the main beams is off scale, more
    like an elk.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.