Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful sight

Congratulations!
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Cast Hunter

That is a nice pair of bucks. Congrats!
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

My father keeps talking like it's the end. He is 88.
    My job is to figure out a way to squeeze in another event.
    My daughter did a good job of that a couple months ago. Gave him his first great grand child.
    I'll never top that one.

I'm only 59 years old. But know enough to know that spending quality time with family is the best thing in the world. Weather you're young or old. Just that when you are young you may not realize it for a few decades.

I can assure all you southerners, it is quite easy to sweat your butt off in sub zero wind chill. That was after I stripped down my clothes in anticipation of sweating.
    Yea, thanks. 21F & 40 mph north wind kinda broke the record from 1890s. Guess I forgot to shut the gate. You do know why they cal it a 'blue northern', cause yall turn blue from the cold. Guess I didn't move far enough south. But dang, I froze in Corpus the winter Carla hit.
    Whatever!

In Remembrance
    CARLA you be giving away your age. lol

Boolit Master

Yep, dragging a carcass out of a field sure will take the sap out of a guy. Even Bambi will do it to you when the snow is waste deep.

I bet if we were to hear the dads side of the story he would say he shot the one closest to us.LOL Glad you get to have a hunt with your dad. Graet lasting memories. Around here you shoot a deer on top he will run down the wrong side from the truck. Shoot one at the lower area and they want to run over the top, atleast it seems like it.
    Congrats on the shooting, to your dad also. I miss hunting in Fl. in T shirt and levis.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Btroj you remind me of a time when I went hunting in Georgia. It got cold enough it frooze my boots to the wood deck on the tree stand. Burrrrrrr!!! Took 10 minutes to break them loose.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

First off, congrats!!

This means more than you can possible know right now... As GabbyM said, find something else. As long as he is here you can still make memories. Enjoy the time you have left. It won't hurt any less when he is gone but you will have more to reflect on. Something as simple as stopping in and having a beer and bsing will mean something. Anything, just enjoy the time you have with him.

Again, congrats on the duo!

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Moderator Emeritus

Shoot a deer here and they always go die out in the middle os a section of muddy field. Walk a 1/2 mile out with 30 pounds of mud on each boot, grab deer, drag back out with 50 pounds of mud on each boot...

Boolit Master

Good hunting story with a great ending. Boy that's what memories are made of. As they have said get em while you can. I hunted with my two sons and grandson last weekend. I really cherish those times. They come to the house here and we always have a good time. It is nice to shoot a few deer but that is really secondary to what is important. I don't know if my boys know that part of it yet. Someday they will.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

The part of Texas that has Gators and Spanish Moss instead of Longhorns and Cactus...
    10 degrees!

Wind chill of 10 below!

My DEEP FREEZE. doesn't get that cold!

I really feel like a wimp now.

I didn't hunt Monday morning because it was 22 degrees.

Mind you, I've got to take the boat a couple miles to get to my good spots.

But his dad is 88 YEARS OLD!

Yep, I'm a wimp.
    7.62 NATO, It's kinda like 5.56 NATO, but for men...