Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE mold question

Boolit Mold

NOE mold question

Hi I wonder if one of you guys could help me. The molds advertised on NOE web site are they stock molds off the shelf. Is it fair to assume if they are out of a particular mold that it will reappear as a stock item eventually.
    Not all their molds are group buy are they.
    I am interested in a mold but there site shows it as not in stock. How often do they up date there molds. Its a while since I have done any casting so I'm not up to date with this stuff.

From what I understand, you can wait for the mold to show up as a "shelf item" or E-mail him with your wishes and get one cut for you.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    He does have a wish list that you can get on.... and he will restock it asap.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I e-mailed & got an answer within 24hrs & 4 days I had my mold in hand, Swede cut 1 for me !

A 5 cavity 358429 .
    GP100man

Banned

email NOE tell them what you want, and add it to the wish list. Al is very pro active and when he sees demand for a particular mould he'll cut it and put it on the shelf.

More often that not he is cutting single requests here and there to fill orders.

And while he's cutting your's he'll likely cut a few extra for inventory.

make sure you get a pair of his mould handles, they are the best!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-358242-clone

How I got my first NOE mold! Its a great tool!
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Guys.

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't know about the wish list feature, thanks for pointing it out. They just got an email for three molds and I ordered two

Boolit Man
    NOE is a first rate company, emal or give them a call. I bought a 316299 in late summer, and it is easy casting the mold drops bullets about .001 oversize with coww and a bit of tin. Unlike my last lyman which was a 314299, I had to return that mold 3 times to finally get one that will mold to size with #2 lyman alloy. Go with NOE even if you have to wait, you will not be disappointed.

Boolit Grand Master

Which mould are you interested in? I agree that Al will listen to suggestions. He has a thread under the GB section just for that purpose and he cut a few 314008 moulds for me and another member based on our respones there. He's also very easy to contact via e-mail for questions.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

NOE just put up about 500 moulds in inventory! Wow! better check it out!

For what it is worth, I bought an NOE mould off the forum- my first one. A 4 cavity .30 cal.
    About half the boolits looked deformed...
    OH! 2 cavities WITH GAS CHECKS 2 cavities WITHOUT.
    SO!!! You can get some pretty cool features from these folks.
    And customer service rocks.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    he cut a few 314008 moulds for me and another member based on our respones there.
    Thanks, I was able to pick up a 2 cavity gas check this morning. No four cavity plain base though
    I had contacted him through PM about running some 32 cal molds but I see you got to him first

Boolit Grand Master

Actually the 311041 mould is the one I'm missing, my 4 cav PB 314008 is safe in my closet. Hope he'll do another run of them soon.
    Last edited by TXGunNut; 11-15-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Next time ask him to run 314316. I need PB and GC versions of them. Damn Single 7 is costing me more in molds then the gun :laugh:

Boolit Grand Master

Hmmm...just used the wish list feature myself. It'll be here way before I'm ready for it but that's OK, lol.

Moderator Emeritus
    If you want to know anything about NOE and their moulds then get it from the horses mouth and just email Al.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    If you want to know anything about NOE and their moulds then get it from the horses mouth and just email Al.

Agreed. May even want to join his forum, good info and opprtunities there. He posts here but he's a busy man. Never too busy to provide an accurate and thoughtful answer to a mould question, tho.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php

Boolit Mold
    ive emailed a few times and tried to use the wishlist but have never got any response at all...maybe he don't like aussies haha

Made in U.S.A.
    thespice

Check your e-mail

Bullet maker, maker
    Swede Nelson
    The expectation of evil is more bitter than the suffering -OR-
    More people die from worrying about getting ate by a bear then get ate by a bear.