Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone has to ask/ Ebola--How concerned are we ??

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Charlie for the article. I just posted it over on the new ebola thread at tb2k. Not sure if it is up there yet on their main thread but it needs to get circulated. New Jersey could be new hot spot.

(stupid woman, really stupid woman even if she IS a doctor)
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

B.J.; just don't pick up hitchers in OK on 69/75, unless you got though Huntsville - 45.
    "this is a really hard illness to get" - but the protocol that was 'suspected' to fail was unsuiting from the bunny suit? Jenkins is a 'jerk' who gets involved in everything visible. No one is speaking of the Omaha case. Been in a different hospital since last Tues, staff here indicated getting a lot of resumes from Presby. So our troops will get a bleach transfusion & shower when they come back?
    Whatever!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    (stupid woman, really stupid woman even if she IS a doctor)
    She may think that as long as she stays in the car, she is still quarantined.
    But, the companions in the car with her should ALSO be disallowed from public contact ... yet, one of them went into the restaurant to pick up their order.

I saw no indication that those companions have been identified and quarantined ...

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy

Smile Ebola--How concerned are we ??

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    She may think that as long as she stays in the car, she is still quarantined.
    But, the companions in the car with her should ALSO be disallowed from public contact ... yet, one of them went into the restaurant to pick up their order.

I saw no indication that those companions have been identified and quarantined ...

CM

Julie; I have spent the last hour reading ALL 244 posts from members who have shown an interest about this case.

I personally want to THANK YOU for all you have posted. All members reading this should feel as I do, that is, glad to have Julie on our membership roles.

THANKS AGAIN

thebigmac
    Last edited by thebigmac; 10-12-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS..

[COLOR="#FF0000"]MANY YEARS AGO I GAVE AN OATH TO DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION FROM
    A-L-L TRAITORS, BOTH FOREIGN & DOMESTIC NOW, AT 78, I'M READY AGAIN TO ANSWER THE CALL.
    COLOR]

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy
    (Julie says thanks and blushes. Just want to help keep people informed who we care about. You all are family. K?
    Now back to the news from Dallas)

CDC confirms second US Ebola case

By Kyle Balluck - 10/12/14 04:07 PM EDT
    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...-us-ebola-case
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Sunday
    confirmed test results showing that a healthcare worker in Dallas has
    contracted the deadly Ebola virus.

The unidentified healthcare worker treated Thomas Eric Duncan, who
    died in Dallas last week. The worker, who remains isolated, was
    self-monitoring for fever and symptoms.“This development is
    understandably disturbing news for the patient, the patient’s family and
    colleagues and the greater Dallas community,” the CDC said in a
    statement.

“The CDC and the Texas Department of State Health Services
    remain confident that wider spread in the community can be prevented
    with proper public health measures, including ongoing contact tracing,
    health monitoring among those known to have been in contact with the
    index patient, and immediate isolations if symptoms develop.

Careful monitoring of all health care workers who had interaction with
    the index patient and this second patient is warranted
    , including those
    who cared for the index patient between the time he was isolated in the
    hospital September 28 through the time of his death on October 8, and
    they will now be considered patient contacts for follow-up
    monitoring
    ,” the CDC added.

One close contact of the healthcare worker has been identified and is
    being monitored, the CDC said.

Boolit Buddy
    Possible ebola patient in Braintree, MA. That's just south of Boston.

Officials quarantine Braintree medical facility,
    isolate with possible Ebola protocol

By Jennifer Smith
    Globe Correspondent
    October 12, 2014
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...VgK/story.html
    Harvard Vanguard Medical Center in Braintree is being quarantined and
    a patient isolated outside the facility with a possible case of Ebola,
    officials said.

“Ebola protocol is in place,” said Joe Zanca of Braintree Fire Department.
    “We don’t know if he actually has Ebola.”

William Cash, also a Braintree firefighter, said “no one is leaving.”

The patient recently traveled to West Africa, and is being isolated based
    on his medical complaints, fire officials said.

Police, fire officials, and emergency medical services responded to the
    scene, along with a hazmat team, Zanca said.

Rushlau can be reached at katherine.rushlau@globe.com.
    Follow her on Twitter @katyrushlau

Boolit Buddy
    So, after reading a bit more, the possible in Braintree, MA is in isolation outside the medical center. Maybe an ambulance till they get results back on tests? That's what I am getting out of listening to the chatter on tb2k and the links they provide. I will update if I see anything new on this one.
    Most of the other suspected cases have proven not to be infected but it can happen. We have proof of that with Duncan dying in Dallas. Need to shut down air traffic from West Africa and seal the southern border up. NOW.

Boolit Buddy
    From tb2k and a member watching CNN. Apparently a protest was going on outside the hospital in Dallas.
    Also mentioned that the patient in Braintree was transferred to Beth Israel Hospital. Not sure where that is at present.

Anyway, here is what was reported that the nurses were saying in Dallas.

CNN getting ready to interview nurses holding signs

host said they are saying don't blame us for not following protocol when there is no protocol

COMING UP NEXT

Looks like they are having a protest of some type

Just said they have moved the boston patient to another hospital ...beth Israel or something

The nurses are saying they are asking for training..not being given information....not told how to handle waste....saying then when they are infected they are blaming them

They are being asked to risk their lives caring for these patients without the proper training, equipment and information to do this. Been asking for training for a couple months and are not getting it.

Boolit Buddy

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, according to Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

Emergency workers were on the scene at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in Braintree after unconfirmed reports that a patient had been isolated, a Braintree fire department official told Boston.com.

According to Harvard Vanguard, the patient had recently traveled to Liberia and came to the facility complaining of headache and muscle aches.

Joe Zanca of Braintree Fire told The Boston Globe “Ebola protocol is in place.”

Zanca toldThe Boston Herald that the urgent care offices on Grossman Drive were quarantined after the patient turned up at 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Harvard Vanguard reports that the facility was closed briefly but is now re-opened.

John Monahan of Fox 25 reports that the patient came to the facility to refill a prescription. He then reportedly returned to his car before clinic staff ran out after him to prevent him from leaving.

According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms of Ebola include fever, muscle pain, weakness, vomiting, stomach pain, unexplained bleeding, severe headache and diarrhea.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...wtN/story.html

Boolit Buddy
    Here is how the transmission happened:

http://nypost.com/2014/10/11/the-ago...ebola-patient/

Finally, at 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, doctors received the confirmation that all had been dreading: “Patient has tested positive for Ebola…” The staff attending to Duncan traded their gowns and scrubs for hazmat suits and attendants would scrub the room with bleach.

This was AFTER 40+ hours of nursing care, since he was hospitalized on the 28th.

Boolit Buddy
    Steve Campion ‏@SteveABC13 2m2 minutes ago

"Danger do not enter" tape put up in front of #Dallas apartment building of infected #Ebola healthcare worker.
    #mapit
    Dallas, TX
    Attached Images

Boolit Buddy
    (have to try to get some sleep now. Please if you see any news, post it for everyone. Thanks)

I will update early tomorrow with any new developements but I think there are probably more ebola positives being held in isolation than they are telling us about. That slip in the Dallas new conference this morning about them monitoring 18 or 19 "patients" sealed that for me, plus that they have dedicated their whole 24 bed ICU to ebola cases.

Prayers up tonight for all of us again.

Moderator Emeritus

Saw a report online that diseased illegals caught crossing the border are disappearing. Our government is hiding something bad.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Saw a report online that diseased illegals caught crossing the border are disappearing. Our government is hiding something bad.
    This gov is always trying to hide something bad.

Not much new news today. Waiting for someone else to be infected at this point. Seeing as they have around 70 people that they are monitoring I would guess there would be a few popping up soon. Will update when I see anything.

I think the only reason we know about the nurse is that the state of Texas broke the news. I think the CDC would rather that not have happened.

Boolit Buddy
    Man at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston deemed unlikely to have ebola but is being monitored just in case. Full story at this link. (had trouble with my browser trying to copy it.)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...VgK/story.html

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    At the CDC news conference today they kept referring to monitoring 48 people who had contact with Mr. Duncan and were at risk. What they don't count are the healthcare workers who are supposedly "Self Monitoring" so what is the true number of people with possible exposure to this deadly virus? How many are walking around the streets of Dallas or other cities?

At least another week until the first people exposed are in the clear then you have at least three weeks after the last person exposed to this nurse when she reaches the point where she is no longer contagious, either cured (hopefully) or dead. That assumes no one else contracts the disease.
    Last edited by Blacksmith; 10-13-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Super Moderator

I just read on CNN that the CDC has stated it will not be "surprised" if other healthcare workers in Dallas come down with the virus.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    I have to drive threw Dallas tomorrow. Ooooooooooo. Im sooo scared.
    You may be 21 and married, kid, but you have a helluva lot of growing up to do.

In the meantime, you might want to seriously think about changing that Mark Twain quote in your signature as it pretty much gives you carte blanche to argue with most anyone you meet right now.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, now we have one being quarantined in Portland Maine. This is getting entirely too close to home. No word on "why" he is being detained other than symptoms.

S CENTER) -- Maine Medical Center said Monday that the CDC has asked the hospital to hold a patient for observation as a precautionary step. Maine Medical Center said it is not a confirmed case of Ebola.

Maine Medical Center said it is following World Health Organization guidelines in the case. The policies represent the strictest standards of care. Maine Medical Center said staff is also using a higher level of protective apparel than the CDC recommends.

In an interview earlier this month, the head of the Emergency Room at Maine Med said he was confident in the hospital screening and procedures related to Ebola.

"We are absolutely prepared. If (someone) came in here, we have screening criteria in place and a very good communication method. That patient would be captured when they came in the door and from there go to an isolation room", said Dr. Michael Baumann, Chief of Emergency Medicine at Maine Medical Center.

The Maine CDC began preparing the state's medical facilities for the possibility of Ebola cases in August. It sent out screening tools, checklists and questions to ask of patients showing any symptoms of the virus, including their recent travel history.

This was in the email so apparently the news came from WCSH6 tv.
    Below is procedures for isolating patients.
    http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/loca...ures/16667745/

Boolit Master
    Heard tonight on KFI AM 640 that the U.S. State Department has put out a request for bids to supply 160,000 hazmat suits. Assuming that a hospital might go through 3 or 4 suits per person per shift, a hospital could easily go through 60 or more suits per day. That would cover about 30 hospitals for a period of around 90 days.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789