RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1,000yd Shot With A Handgun? Yep, Jerry Mikulek, 9mm - This Is For 44man!

Boolit Master

As allways im impressed with Jerry,s shooting skill !

Boolit Master

And just not that many years ago many called Elmer "a nut case " for shooting a deer, many times the size of that balloon at a much shorter range.
    Ya just have to be good, thats all and not that many are "good" so they call those that can, nuts.
    Facta non verba

Banned

Thanks for that, all mentioned are masters and Jerry is the best today. The passing of Munden was a huge blow. Off hand at 1000? Amazing. Hard to see a house that far.
    I hope it gives some thought to those that shoot large bores at 25 yards.
    The nine has a huge drop so with no way to adjust the sight, he was aiming at something way above the steel. Tree branch or something way in the distance. But to hold still enough is a wonder.

Is it just me or does the time of flight seems pretty short. I've shot a fair amount of steel at 900 yards with a .308 and know how long it takes a 175 smk traveling 2650fps to hit the target. That seemed pretty quick for a 147gr 9mm round to connect out at a grand. Just saying.
    Not taking anything away from Jerry. He is the man in my book.
    Waco.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master

Fantastic! Sure aren't many who could do it, but then again, there are not many who would try it either!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Dang. Ed McGivern and George Farr wrapped up in one. And it turns out he's also the fastest ATV driver in the world.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    This is a super shot! Unbelievable shooting ......Thank you for posting.

(Some how I just can't help thinking of some young rascal out there on the side lines of the 1000 yard backers that took it out with his single shot 22 rimfire when he heard Jerry's 2nd shot )
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    Gotta try it now with a real boolit!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master

When I grow up I want to shoot half as good as OLE Jerry
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    9mm hand gun, 1000 yds., really?

Is it a fake or a joke?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Is it just me or does the time of flight seems pretty short. I've shot a fair amount of steel at 900 yards with a .308 and know how long it takes a 175 smk traveling 2650fps to hit the target. That seemed pretty quick for a 147gr 9mm round to connect out at a grand. Just saying.
    Not taking anything away from Jerry. He is the man in my book.
    Waco.
    I'm sure the time difference was because of using two cameras, and splicing the shots.

And Jayjay1, this is real.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

I never shot that far. Most was to 500 meters, (547 yards) but the time for a boolit to get there is really short.
    No way I could hit anything off hand, Jerry is just insane good.
    Yes it was real and he really can do it. Who would think a NINE but notice he did not have a block either.

Boolit Master
    I used to have access to a big bore range where I could sit at the 600 yard point with my back against a tree and use my knees for support while shooting. We would place a white grocery bag on the sand hill just above the target backers. After a few shots to get the range you could bring them in real close real regularly using the M29 44 mag with lead SWC's. Hits were not uncommon. Also tried the M25 45 acp with 185 grain WC's and never could get it to register on the sand hill!

Long range handgunning is fun when you have a safe place to play.

ward
    "To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Great shot.

I am surprised that we still have doubters that question the shot by Jerry. When Elmer keith shot a mule deer at 600 yards with a 44, he was called a liar by some. Jerry's shot was a great one by a man who has been shooting all his life and shoots many thousands of rounds a month to keep his accuracy edge.
    I also remember watching a video of Bob Munden recently hitting a balloon at 600 yards while standing with no support. He did it to show that Elmer Keith was probably telling the truth about his 600 yard shot that he did from the prone position. Oh yeah! Bob Munden pulled that 600 yard shot off with a 38 special S&W snub nose revolver with 2 inch barrel. The feat was filmed by the "Impossible Shots" film crew for viewing on television.

Boolit Master
    Well, I know Jerry Miculek and he is one of the, maybe, the greatest handgun shooter on this planet.

But most people would have a problem to hit that balloon with a big bore rifle and a scope, including me.

Jerry is an awesome shot, hands down.

Boolit Master

Well, I guess that trumps my 9mm shots at steel at 60 yards last week.

I don't care if he took 1000 practice shots, just hitting the steel OFFHAND is impressive at that range.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Grand Master

Ya need also to remember Elmer and the outhouse!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

To be clear he didn't hit the balloon, he hit the steel and the splatter broke the balloon. Heck of a shot from one heck of a shooter.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Anybody got their own video of their own shot? Jerry is good and has proven himself over the yrs. Why down play a living legend. He don't play. Best wishes
    just puttin' along