Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Alox

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsnscrews View Post
    Just an FYI: Priority Mail is automagically considered Air Transportation "By Nature" even if it is being delivered in the same Town. With all the vendors using Priority thanks to the Discounts USPS is offering, Flammable liquids are a problem. Just because it is not using Priority Packaging, if you check the label, you may find that things you through went Regular Mail, actually were sent to you under Priority.
    And your point is? None of this means it's legal.

Just pointing out why vendors have to change shipping from their standard when it comes to a flammable liquid.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
    I'm from the government ..and I'm here to help.
    Really its just because it is gun / boolit related. Government types get all freaked out about it.

I tried to mail a shotgun in state. Followed all the rules and regulations listed on USPS website. all packaged and labeled correctly.

took it in to my local post office to mail it. when the young lady who was helping me asked about the package I informed her it was a shotgun. She FREAKED started screaming and told me it was a federal offense to bring a firearm to a post office and this went on for several minutes. I asked to speak to a supervisor. when he showed up I explained to him what was happening and quoted their own regulations and rules and where to find them. Evidently he was clueless too because he had to go look them up.

I finally gave up and went to UPS where there were no hassles
    Time for an official complaint for dely of the mail and delay of interstate commerce. You PO worker will get remedial training. DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO CONTINUE if you do you are part of the cause.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Malat View Post
    Ordered a Lee .401 sizing die from Titan last week. Shipped via USPS 2nd day no issues, no additional costs, no hassles. easy peasy. I look at the total cost of an item/order including shipping, hazmat, handling and go with the vendor with the overall lower cost.

Bought a Lee 358 sizing kit from Titan and the alox came with it ,,,, all the way to Australia , no problem

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    The postal workers union doesn't want to handle anything flammable or combustible. It has nothing to do with gun related items. You can't mail paint, fingernail polish, alcohol, any flammable petroleum or alcohol based liquid.
    Isn't paper and cardboard combustible? Most of the mail I get is flammable. Where do these ridiculous regulations come from?
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Buddy
    I get sizers from titan reloading sent to Canada without issues.

If midway has something you really want see if they will remove the alox from the sizers if you don't need the alox.

Boolit Master
    I just got 2 sizer kits from Lee with some other odds ends. No issues and free shipping.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy
    I got a Lee 7mm push through kit from Graf's they left the LLA out, I don't use the stuff,
    I prefer to get my push through dies from bullshot much better quality and sizes that Lee don't make. Robert.

Boolit Master
    I ordered several of the lee sizers recently from midway, both times the whole order had to come UPS due to the alox. I have 7 bottles of the stuff now, take me forever to use it up as is, new sizer comes with a bottle.

Lee should consider selling just the sizer, and maybe they should be a bit more receptive to the comments of actual buyers. But there I go thinking again, lee seems to be pretty slow on making needed changes. I tore the threads out of the aluminum plug used in one of their collet neck sizers. Yea they sent me a new one for free with no problems. But never bothered to reply to the idea if they made the threaded cap out of steel wouldn't be an issue at all. Gonna say they send out alot of those free threaded caps, in the short term the math comes out cheaper to send free caps vs making them out of steel. But long term the math will catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    Isn't paper and cardboard combustible? Most of the mail I get is flammable. Where do these ridiculous regulations come from?
    This is the post that is most valid in this discussion!

The government defies logic. I'll be 70 in a couple of months and in all my years, the mailing of reloading supply's has always been a safe practice, that is until someone in the government ruled them hazardous! There was no history of it being unsafe before that! Did it make money for shipping, YES! Are the items shipped in special trucks, NO! Most are still shipped in the same containers are they always were! Are we safer because of it, NO!

Back to the point, I would bet that you can burn the SFR box easier than you can burn the Alox and generate more heat from the box.

Frank

I'd sell you one if I had an extra.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Some wrong info here. BATF says to NEVER tell the PO you are shipping a gun. Shipping a long gun between private purchasers within most state borders is perfectly legal, without an FFL.

THIS! 100% it's none of their dang business what I'm shipping. I rarely get asked at my PO and never answer when they do ask.

Boolit Master
    I just ordered two sizers w/lla from grafs. I clicked "no preference" on shipping so it came fedex ground (in maybe 3-4days), but ups is an option. Both cost $7.95 regardless of how many anvils you order. There was no flamm tag on the box or other indication of flammability. Obviously you can't order this stuff outside the continental us as air shipment is whole new kettle of fish. Maybe try ordering from grafs and click "ups" and see what happens?