Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Dillon press value

Dillon press value

Got a line on a "new" dillon 650xl. Setup for two calipers. I don't know details yet as to all the accessories that are part of the setup yet. But my question is really how much are these worth as to sale price of the press? In other words, if the seller purchased for $1200,and base press is about half that, and press is really new, is the press worth $1200,$600 or something in between? From what I have read, dillon will most likely replace anything damaged so the value from that point of view should be higher than say lee that will replace for half the value. I most likely won't use one caliber, so I am overpaying if I buy entire setup, yeah I can sell extra but that's more work for me. What say you dillon owners ? Thanks John

Boolit Buddy

Depending on case feeder, bullet feeder, ect . You can get the press, for around $550 new, conversion sets 75, dies 50ish. SO with just that I would have no problem me personally at 7-800. Case feeder is another 200ish if included. As you said Dillon are great with the lifetime warrenty. I have a 650 and 2 tackle boxes full of spare parts for the machine.
    PaGunBuilder. Learning to build the guns that shaped our country.

"Stand your ground! Don't fire unless fired upon! But if they want to have a war, let it begin here!"

Boolit Buddy
    Dillon holds their value , usually people get back about 75%-80% of what a new one goes for , that is unless their in a hurry for $$

Thanks guys, I want to be fair to the seller, but didn't want to be taken advantage of.

Boolit Master

Goto their site and price out what he has. Offer him 80%.

http://www.dillonprecision.com
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

I agree with the 80% figure.

At the height of the sandy hook run on gun stuff I did eBay my 45 acp 650. They guy that won it paid $1841 for it.