RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm retiring

Boolit Buddy
    Great Unit, I did most of my active duty with 2/327th, but all of my reserve duty was with the 503rd, 3 shop. Great people and great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    (Hard Rock) Charlie 2nd Battalion

Boolit Buddy
    The days and years are in the Lord's hands. Enjoy each day He gives you and family. From one hard worker to another - I sometimes think it is pretty overrated. Here is praying the cancer goes away. My 34 year old son just hit his 5 year anniversary of having half his tongue removed and rebuilt with his right arm. He was a runner in HS and had college opportunities. He never drank or smoked and never chewed, rarely drank a soda. You just never know. Enjoy each day, blessings man.

Boolit Master

Mitch: Spend time with your family while you can. If all goes well you can go back to work later if you want to, work is always there, but not the family time. Right now just focus on the quality time. If you ever need someone to go shooting with I am not that far away. I'll probably never be able to retire and do nothing, but I decided a few years ago to just be with the kids and do leather work to help out with the bills as much as I can. It sucks to be broke but it is worse to miss your family time.

Boolit Grand Master

I wish you the best. Keep a positive attitude and beat the big "C"! Others have and you can too. Stay in touch, we would like to hear from you. You're in our prayers, Lightman.

PLMitch,

Congratulations on your retirement. And God bless your time with your wife and children, grandchildren in your retirement. And God grant you healing from your cancer, and above all the blessing of his presence with you.

I retired in February this year. My job was a demanding one. And I was just running out of juice. Since retiring, I'm only taking about half the meds I was while working.

I now serve a small church in mid-Michigan 3 days a week. I am enjoying it, and the members and I are getting along well. It is a joy.

I went out to a range this afternoon and sighted in a new shotgun scope. It's a Konus 1.5X5, very nice for my needs. I have it putting rounds into a 4" circle at 50 yards. I need to do some tweaking, but it is a good start. The gun is a Remington 870 with a rifled barrel.

I am shooting lead 510 grain (as they fall from my mould) Lyman sabot rounds over 25 grains of Herco in a WW AA hull. The fps. is estimated at 1273 by Lyman's data. It is easy on the shoulder, which is nice.

My best to all my fellow retirees and bullet casters,

MichiganMike

Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy the family time, when I was forced into retirement with a bad spine I got to spend more time with my parents. Glad I did because dad passed away last summer. The medical stuff is easier to fight too when you can give it full attention with no other things to worry about.

Boolit Buddy
    My friend, my prayers are with you in your fight with the cancer.

Boolit Master

Mitch I am sorry to hear of your ordeal with cancer. I hate that dreadful disease having dealt with it myself on a very small basis (melanoma), and close family and many friends with problems one way and another. When a person gets to the end of the road, I don't think people usually say boy I wish I had worked more. Rather I believe they wish they had spent more quality time with those that mean the most to them. I think you should adjust your spending to be able to retire earlier than you might have planned and spend that time "smelling the roses". Don't leave God out of the whole equation either. You need to develop a relationship with the great Physician, Jesus Christ, because if you do that right everything else will fall into place.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words. I plan to beat this with his help.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Boolit Master
    my spinal arthritis has foced me to retire from construction

and since my new bride makes 5 times what i do.
    she told me i didnt have to work.
    but i am bored
    and my hobbies are expensive
    so i am gonna find some kind of something to do a few days a week.
    bring in a bit of pocket money and keep me occupied.

Boolit Buddy
    Good luck buddy. I hope you beat the cancer. Stay active and stay moving, don't let immobility hit your health. Try fishing

Perma-Banned

As a self employed person I understand this. Good luck with everything. John

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Mitch: Spend time with your family while you can. If all goes well you can go back to work later if you want to, work is always there, but not the family time. Right now just focus on the quality time. If you ever need someone to go shooting with I am not that far away. I'll probably never be able to retire and do nothing, but I decided a few years ago to just be with the kids and do leather work to help out with the bills as much as I can. It sucks to be broke but it is worse to miss your family time.
    Springfield, are you still doing the cowboy shoots at Coyote Valley? Been meaning to get down there to watch it and shoot a round of clays.

Moderator Emeritus

I picked up a laser engraver to pad my income a few dollars each month

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    my spinal arthritis has foced me to retire from construction

and since my new bride makes 5 times what i do.
    she told me i didnt have to work.
    but i am bored
    and my hobbies are expensive
    so i am gonna find some kind of something to do a few days a week.
    bring in a bit of pocket money and keep me occupied.

Generous Donator

Mitch, Beat the cancer. I retired in April after a year long battle with Melanoma which I beat. Fortunately they caught it in time as it had hit my right lung and lymph nodes in my left arm. After surgery I did 1 year of bio-therapy and no signs after 6 months. I pray you can have the same results. The therapy isn't fun. Mark

Banned

Think'in bout ya. You have hobbies and family too.

Boolit Master

My wife, my 2 kids and I all shoot it, 2nd Saturday of the month. Shoot another match on the 3rd Saturday on some private property, a smaller group. You are welcome at either anytime, and your family. I have extra guns, so come on down and shoot with us. I promise I won't make you shoot BP, unless you want to!

Boolit Bub
    Its only strange for a while getting up to find it's Saturday no matter what day it really is.Best of luck on getting well....Teddo

My wife came home yesterday with a dry erase board to make a honeydo list. Might have to rethink this retirement stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by plmitch View Post
    My wife came home yesterday with a dry erase board to make a honeydo list. Might have to rethink this retirement stuff......
    That's how it goes!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.