Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: White truck - California License Plate 311291

Boolit Buddy

White truck - California License Plate 311291

Driving the Hollywood freeway this morning on the way to work I noticed a white pickup pass by. Something about the license plate caught my eye and I realized a familiar numerical sequence and then remembered that non-personalized California plates are alpha-numeric and that this one was simply 311291! I chuckled and tried to catch up to wave hello but no joy. Anybody on this forum drivin' that truck southbound around Cahuenga today??
    Valley Forge

Hehe nice Idea I may steal that one Lol,

Boolit Mold
    At the risk of being dense. Lyman mold numbers?

Cast Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    At the risk of being dense. Lyman mold numbers?
    Exactly
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Couldn't be.... even to speak of anything lead related is illegal in CA............................

Boolit Buddy

Yes, a Lyman mould number and I wonder how many seeing it recognize that 1)it's a personalized plate and 2) what it means. There are lots of personalized plates in California and some are quite clever and I happen to enjoy decrypting them as I drive. This is the most obscure I have recognized so far, only being obvious to a pretty small fraternity.
    Valley Forge

In Remembrance

Too bad the letters PB couldn`t have been at the front of the following numbers.Robert

Boolit Master
    At the AAA Club two years ago I saw a car with Nevada plates that read AREA 51. I think that is about as cleaver as I have ever seen. By the way at last count I had five 311291 molds. I have cast more of that design than any other rifle bullet.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    It's the only .30 caliber mould I'd never want to be without.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Born Jan 31 -12 hour the year 91 is probably as good a guess.

we had one that slipped past the state folks completely for several years till someone had to spell it out to them.

They IMMEDIATELY revoked the plate and issued tickets for each year he had the plates.

Yes he should have known better as he is a lawyer IIRC.

----2 was the plate # but if I gave you the letter I would be banned for life.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    At the AAA Club two years ago I saw a car with Nevada plates that read AREA 51. I think that is about as cleaver as I have ever seen. By the way at last count I had five 311291 molds. I have cast more of that design than any other rifle bullet.
    Montana starts is license plates with the counties population number as of the 70's. Butte Silver bow is 1, I live in 51 [out of 56]. There are two rigs I am aware of with plates AREA51 and 51AREA both a play on area 51 in NV and at home somewhere around Jefferson County.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I'm a Montanan but live outside of the state. Everytime I see a Montana plate, the first thing I do is try and guess what city/county they are from.

I used to have a personalized plate on an old truck I had. Anymore, I just don't like the attention they can draw. It always makes me scratch my head when a guy puts something like "race me" or "2 fast 4 u" on his plates. When he gets pulled over, the policeman will likely not be giving him a warning.

When I lived in Colorado, a guy with a similar car as mine had a vulgar plate. The car is unique and stands out, so it really irked me when people could mistake his car and plate for mine. I even had a couple people who knew me ask why I'd put something like that on my plate.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep, a mold number on the License Plate in CA will give you cancer, or something, I forget what just now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife had IMATXN in Alaska. I Didn't drive it. She could get away with it. Much cuter than me.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    There used to be an RX-7 sporting ONOACOP . It was extra special due to it being a 1st yr issue 7 digit plate in NV. In Ca PORSCHE had 27? requests it was issued for a last model Datsun P'up. When I was on the VFD we had a Beetle tagged FYREBUG because firebug was on another in Vegas.
    I saw both 280K98 and 280KPB, it is unknown if the 2nd plate was lucky issue or requested the 1st yr and issued as a standard there after. Hertz in Reno had 666DVL for 6 months or so.
    Nv also issued plates w/County letters 1st MNC001 was around a long time in Hawthorne along w/MNT056 on a very nice 56 F100 (Mineral County Truck) MTNAV8R and AV8OR were a favorites too.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .