WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scam alert!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I just had a phone call. A lady said she would like me to do a brief survey. I told her I wear boxers, and hung up. Why can't all of them keep their surveys short like this?
    I had to read it twice before I got it. Funny stuff I will use it in the future

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shaune509 View Post
    my work phone has caller id, most every spam call for any reason be it busness loans, sales of card services or your free google listing and this latist ms scam are all caller no id or caller blocked.
    Shaune509
    this!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I don't answer unknowns either unless it comes in on the secret family borrowed a phone 911 code.
    As for somebody that wants into my computer, I can't help ya there buddy 3G will only talk and text I can't talk and net .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Moderator Emeritus

I start asking how the weather is in India. Then they follow up with "Oh, no ve are not in India". I ask then when they migrated to Africa as they surely don't sound Pakistani". They hang up.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man

I tell them I moonlight as a cat burglar and ask them if they want a good deal on some virus free computers. I dunno why they hang up so fast.

Boolit Buddy
    I told the last one " I don't own a computer. " He went " uh, uh uh" until I said goodbye. I like playing with them.

WP
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO

I have gotten over the past 20 yrs or so, hundreds of maintenance supplier calls. Hi, I'm Jill, how are the blank blanks you purchased from us recently doing? You need me to ship your next order today? I'll get your free token out today too, want me to ship to your home? Hint hint scam and unethical kickbacks......
    I usually hang up, but I do occasionally put them on hold for a couple of minutes and check on them for as long as I can keep them on the line.

I know Apu. Homer and I buy our beer and slurpees from him. Nothing better than a cold Duff beer after a hard day at the gun range.

BB

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I like to get them started with a few dumb questions so they think they have a live one on line. Then I say just a minute there is someone at the door and lay the phone down and see how long it takes for them to hang up.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Moderator Emeritus

I made a recording using that disguised voice the hacker group anonymous uses. It say we have hacked your phone and your computers.mThe virus we installed will cause them to explode in 5 minutes... they hang up fast for some reason

I like to just keep pressing numbers on the phone during the conversation.

Boolit Master
    I got that call one time. After he said my computer was infected, I said "that's strange, I have a work laptop and you would think the NSA would have VERY strong anti-virus". Silence ........ "oh, and by the way this is my work phone also".................CLICK.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

I use one of these gizmos to hang up without picking up.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...3/product.html

Push the button, it picks up, gives the beep-Beep-BEEP! Line-not-in-service tones, followed by a message politely saying 'go away', and hangs up.

Boolit Master
    That's funny, that item is out of stock.
    I only need the land line so I can fax out.
    When it rings the fax answers.
    If they can speak Faxlish more power to 'em.

Boolit Master
    I had a similar low-life phony call months ago from Rakingtingmingololo.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Buddy
    I used to feel guilty about just hanging up on someone without saying a word. I doesn't really bother me anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    I used to work tech support and have my ms certification. I got that same call and preceded to blow him so far out.of the water that he hung up on me lol. I even got as far as talking about binary code and he like yes sir, yes sir, and then I asked him where the binary code was located and he said goto control panel and I laughed. He hung up.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I just had a phone call. A lady said she would like me to do a brief survey. I told her I wear boxers, and hung up. Why can't all of them keep their surveys short like this?
    I tell them I'm nekkid and ask what they're wearing. Works just as well with male pests.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

The one I have been getting lately is from some people that claim to be Publishers Clearing House and that I have won $250,000.00. I just tell them to send the money and hang up.

Ken

Boolit Master
    @ Waksupi - baDONKpssshhh. Your very own rimshot. Well done, sir.
    A geek friend of mine made a little e-box for me that plugs into a phone jack. It generates a loud, screechy tone in the earpiece of the calling phone. Or if I can tell that it's Haji calling, I open the back door and pop off a round into the berm, then tell them, 'I raise cattle. I just shot one in your honor. Its innocent blood is on your hands. Every time you call here, I will kill another cow.' They hang right up.