MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, what can I do?

I am here to learn from the wisdom of others, I can skip over posts that do not interest me.

I could not have built my P.I.D. and check maker without the help of others. I would never have heard about powder coating had it been not for this site. This list goes on. This is still the best site for the subject of casting, reloading, etc...

I for one am very thankful to all who made this available and also to all whose contributions I have benefitted from.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm fairly new but spend a lot of time here, longtime loader but casting is still new and fascinating to me. Have lots to learn here but I'm happy to pass on what I've learned of the basics and the cartridges I'm familiar with.
    This place is like any town of 33,000; we have our leaders, misfits, givers, takers, wise men, and idiots. Some come, some go. I'll miss some but the town will live on without them.
    What can you do? You can be the kind of person you want to find here.
    With apologies to the original author I'd like to tell a story, I'm sure he told it better but I'll do the best I can:
    There once was an old woman sitting on a bench at a bus station. A newcomer sat down beside her and asked her if she was a local. She replied that she had been born nearby and lived there all her life. He asked her what kind of town it was and she replied by asking him what kind of town he was from. He answered that he was from a town where good folks lived and worked and there were all kinds of good and exciting things to do. She told him that his new hometown was very much like his old. This pleased the newcomer and he went on his way.
    Later, another newcomer asked the same woman about her town. She again asked about where he was from. He said couldn't wait to leave that awful place, almost everyone there was crooked and evil and there was no way he could live in a place like that again. She told him her town was pretty much like that as well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    There once was an old woman sitting on a bench at a bus station. A newcomer sat down beside her and asked her if she was a local. She replied that she had been born nearby and lived there all her life. He asked her what kind of town it was and she replied by asking him what kind of town he was from. He answered that he was from a town where good folks lived and worked and there were all kinds of good and exciting things to do. She told him that his new hometown was very much like his old. This pleased the newcomer and he went on his way.
    Later, another newcomer asked the same woman about her town. She again asked about where he was from. He said couldn't wait to leave that awful place, almost everyone there was crooked and evil and there was no way he could live in a place like that again. She told him her town was pretty much like that as well.
    There's a lot of wisdom in this.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Castboolits is like a lot of things in life. You get back what you put in.
    It doesn't matter what you used to do here.
    In this setting, I can look at your recent posts/recently started threads and tell whether you are here to learn/teach about cast boolits and help people, to make a profit, or to stir a political pot of BS.
    If anybody isn't getting what they need here, look at your history and see if you are giving, taking, or floating.
    This is easy: You get what you give. You reap what you sow.
    Castboolits is like a lot of things in life. You get back what you put in

I respectfully beg to disagree with you, particularly with regard to Jim from Floyd.

He gave and gave and gave only to be repeatedly disrespected.

Would be nice if what you wrote held true to life, but it doesn't always....as one once said "in a perfect world".

I hesitate to disagree with you, goodsteel, because I have a great respect for you and your presence here on this board, but inasmuch as Jim was mentioned above, I feel I must defend him.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Olevern View Post
    Castboolits is like a lot of things in life. You get back what you put in

I respectfully beg to disagree with you, particularly with regard to Jim from Floyd.

He gave and gave and gave only to be repeatedly disrespected.

Would be nice if what you wrote held true to life, but it doesn't always....as one once said "in a perfect world".

I hesitate to disagree with you, goodsteel, because I have a great respect for you and your presence here on this board, but inasmuch as Jim was mentioned above, I feel I must defend him.
    I sure do miss Jim. As it happens I just called him today on the phone, but no answer. He's probably out getting his coon rig ready. LOL!

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, Jim is a treasure, truly a salt-of-the-earth type and his bride is an awesome person as well. I miss him too.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

If you do get him on the phone, tell him "Hi".

Boolit Master
    Tell him he is missed.

Boolit Grand Master

I did communicate your thoughts to him when we spoke last, and asked him to come back over, but he made it clear that he has just changed the way he does things. He has a blog that he posts up his latest experiments on and he's having a good time with that format.
    The most important thing is that Jim is happy, and healthy, and for all intents and purposes, is living the dream according to Jim.
    Come to think of it, so am I! LOL!
    That's what it's all about fellers. Live for yourself, your way and if you're happy with that, then you might post up your thoughts to encourage others to do the same. Long as you're happy, you win either way.

How about a link to his blog?

Slim

Love Life
    Ya'll could send Jim an old fashioned letter...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    How about a link to his blog?

Slim
    http://floydpics.wordpress.com/
    it looks like Jim has been busythese last few days.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Thanks,

Slim

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry, just got back to this thread just now.
    See? Told ya he's having fun. LOL!