Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vouch for H-G FIREARMS LLC swagging equipment

Boolit Mold

vouch for H-G FIREARMS LLC swagging equipment

Has anyone here used H-G FIREARMS LLC swaging equipment and can vouch for quality and service?

Thanks,

I

Boolit Man
    I know a few folks that use his equipment. I have spoken with him many times but as if yet I do not have any of his products.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by algunjunkie View Post
    I know a few folks that use his equipment. I have spoken with him many times but as if yet I do not have any of his products.
    H-G Firearms offered me a great quote on a complete set I'm interested in. I'm only hesitant because I haven't heard or seen any feedback about their products.
    I have to pay half up front to get them started and it takes 2-4 months to complete.

I typically don't purchase products online unless I've seen reviews of the company and i can't find one for H-G Firearms.

I

Boolit Master
    Seems to be a good gent. He is over on SCC http://www.smallcaliberclub.com/view...8fec257fb47d5a

Boolit Master
    Hi Iroquois, John has made some replacement punches for my draw dies that work just fine. I also have have some of his jacket drawing dies and pinch trim dies, they also work just fine. I am going to get a set of bullet making dies from him in the future. I would recommend him. His turn around time is way better than most of the other guys.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet maker 57 View Post
    Hi Iroquois, John has made some replacement punches for my draw dies that work just fine. I also have have some of his jacket drawing dies and pinch trim dies, they also work just fine. I am going to get a set of bullet making dies from him in the future. I would recommend him. His turn around time is way better than most of the other guys.

Thanks for the feedback!

Boolit Mold
    I have been waiting for 8months terrible customer service not happy with Jhon. If I knew it would be this much hassle I wouldn't buy from him.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If it is custom work, don't expect to get things fast. If you want to see slow, try one of our old Lee custom mold orders, and wait eighteen months. And that is a production shop!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    If it is custom work, don't expect to get things fast. If you want to see slow, try one of our old Lee custom mold orders, and wait eighteen months. And that is a production shop!
    I was in on some of the old Lee eighteen month orders. They seem quite reasonable compared to a couple I'm signed up for at the moment that are over 2 years old! Apologies for hijack.

Boolit Buddy
    Getting back to John, I to fell victim to his smooth bull\%*? I bought a set of dies a month ago and delivery time seemed somewhat long and his approval rating was not at 100% which to me is two red flags, but going against my better instinct I purchased them anyway. They arrived missing the ejector punch and a quick e-mail from him saying he forgot to put it in the box. I filed a complaint with e-bay and John finally gave me a conformation number but as of this date the part is not shipped. We will see what transpires later this week. If I knew what I know now, the transaction would of never have taken place.

I had him build a rifle for me. He took forever..much longer than he promised. There was always some excuse. He still owes me $100. It's been a year now. He did good work and the gun shoots great but his timing and communication skills suck. By the way, I paid in full, up front for the work he did.
    Last edited by timspawn; 05-07-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I ordered his complete 223 package last July, just got the press Monday, got the dies about a month ago. I was promised them last November. He is full of bs, he had 2 floods, 3 times no electricity, excuse after excuse. He has horrible customer service and lies about everything. To me not worth the bs.

Rod

Here are some facts to think about: John USED to be the go to guy for quick turn around times on swaging dies. I paid half up front and got a set of .223 swaging dies in about 2 months. Was pleased with his work, but the core seat die didn't have the proper threads--too small. Sent it back and got it returned 3 MONTHS later, less the punch. The point form punch in the set was way too small, bent on ejecting the 1st bullet. I sent it back to him with another as an example. He contacted me by e-mail and said he would get them right out . THAT WAS JANUARY THIS YEAR!!! Despite several e-mails and phone calls, I STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING BACK. In my opinion, THE GO TO GUY IF YOU NEED SWAGING ITEMS IS LAFAUN FLOYD IN UTAH. Very quick turn around time and no hassles. Communicates very well!!SEE THE VENDOR SPONSOR SECTION FOR HIS CAPABILITIES. John @ H-G FIREARMS HAS MORE EXCUSES THAN ANY ONE MAN HAS A RIGHT TO!!!
    Last edited by blltsmth; 05-08-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Hahahah FLYCUTTER hahah he is doing same thing to me !!! Finally after 8-9 months I have received 223 die set and he sends me an email next day saying when I open the box that he forgot to put ejection punch in. What is up with that and I have heard same stories as you guys it is terrible. An finally after yelling and screaming I got dies and press is I. The mail that is what he said. But before that he did send me tracking number that did t work and 1 month after he blamed post office for not sending it. Now I am waiting for the press and ejection punch from him so fair really bad experience and when I get whole thing I will talk to him because craftsmanship of the dies are terrible I want first try them before I say something bit they look like they were made with dol tools treads are all messed up. Looks like he send me some of his old ones terrible.if I knew I would never got anything form him !!!!!

Boolit Mold
    I'm also a victim of HGFirearms/John Gilbert.
    I've also received every excuse in the book except alien abduction. The payment agreement was half up front and the last half on delivery. Upon delivery I received an email from John to send the last check and the package went out the door. I've received only a small portion of the order but I cant test it without the PRESS!
    I've received two bogus tracking numbers the past couple of months.

Boolit Mold
    BTW, the hgfirearms site is down.
    http://hgfirearms.com

I emailed him last week to remind him he owes me $100. I have not heard back. He is/was active at saubier.com maybe those guys can light a fire under him.
    Last edited by timspawn; 06-03-2014 at 09:20 PM.

I haven't heard nothing from him since may I have received dies but no press or ejector no replay nothing and dies are poorly made here are pictures can't wait to get press and see if this work. This must be one of mine worst buys ever .

I am not happy with this craftsmanship
    Using Tapatalk

Oh my....
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    WOW is the word that comes to mind. Not in a good way!
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!