Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy .45 cal Pistol Hunting Bullet

Boolit Master
    I hadn't taken into consideration the taper of the loading window. Though the length works the nose was too wide to fit. I had to modify my Ruger as I had my Remington, but I've yet to get to the range.

I hated to modify my Ruger, but I also hated to have a $200 mold that I couldn't use. Since my job on my Remington looked fairly good for an amateur I decided to try it on my Ruger, and if I didn't do so hot then I could take it to a smith to fix.

Boolit Bub
    Why not just remove the cylinder use load it and use a loading stand ?

Then if you need to reload it again in a hurry, just load with the gun with round balls?

I am trying to contact Kaido Ojamaa for a mold but he has not contacted me back.

RM
    Last edited by robertmcw; 04-23-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Boolit Master
    My range box is full and too heavy for a loading tool, and I didn't want to need one for the field either. I may find myself backpack hunting.

Kaido doesn't seem very good at responding. But that is his "side job."

He has to get a number of molds on order before Lee will make a run of his custom molds, which was a big reason for me going to Accurate. His molds are/were reasonably priced at $85 + shipping for the 6 cavity mold.

But I also wanted a wider nose and heavier weight.

Kaido is down here in Florida hunting. On Saturday he bagged two big hogs with his Uberti Remington NMA and his 240 grain conical. Picks are up at his yahoo forum. By now he's either still with Hovey Smith or on his way back home with coolers full of bacon!
    "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by swathdiver View Post
    Kaido is down here in Florida hunting. On Saturday he bagged two big hogs with his Uberti Remington NMA and his 240 grain conical. Picks are up at his yahoo forum. By now he's either still with Hovey Smith or on his way back home with coolers full of bacon!

Then perhaps I can speak him about the molds after his bacon is put away in his freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by robertmcw View Post
    Then perhaps I can speak him about the molds after his bacon is put away in his freezer.
    I am very pleased with the .36 caliber conical, put many of them through our Remington Belt Revolver. Last week we shot six of the 240 grain conicals through the 8" NMA and they were quite accurate. Since my focus was on the kids, I didn't retrieve the targets or even walk out to them. Next week or two I plan to really check them out. But I'll tell you this, they all went into the black at 50 feet with a B-2 target. Same as round ball. Maybe I can help answer some questions?
    "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18

Boolit Bub
    Yes - is Kaido still selling the molds for the 1858 Remington and the Old Army?
    If, can you contact me about them?
    txlawyer@texas.net

RM