Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you design that Accurate Mold?

Boolit Grand Master

Good to know buddy, and thank you for your honesty. It's very commendable!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpeye View Post
    50-725W designed for a BFR
    I will let you guys know how well it does when it shows up. Just got a MM 502 -700 today but I have found it does not seem to like being bottom fed.

Boolit Mold
    Near the black spruce, by the granite outcrop, next to the lake (Canadian Shield country)
    These 5 of mine are now in the catalogue:

31-165D
    I designed it for hunting in Win. M94's. 70% meplat, driving band, crimp groove, no gas check, tumble lube (haven't ventured into PC yet, after my go-arounds with moly & Teflon 20+ years ago; I just use LLA), 5 gang mould (only because he doesn't make 6 gang moulds). Had a RD 6 gang, but when seated to the crimp groove, the leade was jamming into the boolits of both of my 94's.

Don't know how it will work; that will have to wait until I get it, cast some with it & then shoot them.

31-210H
    I designed it for hunting in Lee Speed 303's. 70% meplat, bore-riding nose, driving band, crimp groove, gas check, tumble lube grooves, 5 gang mould. Had a NOE 5 gang, but I prefer TL grooves & wanted a larger meplat.

Don't know how it will work; that will have to wait until I get it, cast some with it & then shoot them.

37-280H
    I designed it for hunting in Husqvarna M648 9.3x62. 70% meplat, bore-riding nose, driving band, crimp groove, gas check, tumble lube grooves, 5 gang mould. Had a MM 2 gang mould similar to this for my long magazine, long-throated .35 Whelen & liked it.

37-355H
    I designed this bullet as a short range, bush hunting, moose-stopper, for use in my Husqvarna M146 9.3x57 rifles. (A mite long in the nose & in the body for use in a 9.3x62, but fills the magazine (in a Model 146 anyway) & the neck of 9.3x57's. 70% meplat, bore-riding nose, driving band, crimp groove, gas check, tumble lube grooves, 5 gang mould. .921 B.C., .379 S.D. If we could name them, it would be known as Big Jack, after Union Pacific's Centennial DD40X locomotives.

Don't know how it'll work; that will have to wait until I get it, cast some with it & then shoot them.

46-550H
    I designed it for hunting in my Parker-Hale Model 1100 African in .458 Winchester. 70% meplat, bore-riding nose, driving band, crimp groove, gas check, tumble lube grooves, 5 gang mould. Had a MM 2 gang mould similar to this & liked it, except that it was / is regular lube groove style & only has 2 cavities.
    Last edited by history@mts.net; 04-03-2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added another

31-165C PCd, 18 gr 2400, no GC. Does < 2MOA @ 100 on a windy day - too windy to set up the Chrony. Actually these has slightly rounded GC shank culls. Now to put checks on them.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    41-200z. Made for my 357PD and coated boolits. Shoot the gun enough and you'll understand why the 200gr! Patiently waiting now for it to come in. Will update soon.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master
    Excelent List!

I designed the 38-315E for the 375 H&H. Tom has it mistakenly listed as 38-55 on his site but I think thats my fault as I wrote a thread on it but never followed up with him.

It is an excellent long range heavy hitter in my CZ 550 Safari 375H&H. I've shot slightly over MOA to 400y and taken a deer and elk with it. The alloy is air cooled WW meant to hunt. Two members here have been sent boolits to try but I only got the inital results from one. This next season its going to get more carcases thats for sure.

Thread here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...+375+NVScouter
    Last edited by NVScouter; 04-02-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks for pointing that out, Scouter! That nose is awfully long indeed for the 38-55.

Quote Originally Posted by history@mts.net View Post
    These 5 of mine are now in the catalogue:
    37-355H
    I designed this bullet as a short range, bush hunting, moose-stopper, for use in my Husqvarna M146 9.3x57 rifles. (A mite long in the nose & in the body for use in a 9.3x62, but fills the magazine (in a Model 146 anyway) & the neck of 9.3x57's. 70% meplat, bore-riding nose, driving band, crimp groove, gas check, tumble lube grooves, 5 gang mould. .921 B.C., .379 S.D. If we could name them, it would be known as Big Jack, after Union Pacific's Centennial DD40X locomotives.

Don't know how it'll work; that will have to wait until I get it, cast some with it & then shoot them.

Jim, I'd sure like to hear how this one works for you.... I still need to put together that 9.3x57 your sold me some time ago... this would indeed be moose medicine for bush hunting!
    I would think a moose may not be able to stop this....
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpeye View Post
    ... Just got a MM 502 -700 today but I have found it does not seem to like being bottom fed.
    jokes about bottom feeders are jumping around in my head....
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kweidner View Post
    41-200z. Made for my 357PD and coated boolits. Shoot the gun enough and you'll understand why the 200gr! Patiently waiting now for it to come in. Will update soon.
    Turns out the 41-200z is a keeper. 25 yds and one ragged hole no lead with ht super coat. Drops from the mold like rain with no lube groove too. Now to cast up a couple thousand !
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I cannot take credit for their design, but suggested to Tom that he introduce a modernized series of ogival wadcutters based on the 1929 Harold Croft design, produced pre-WW2 by Modern Bond. These are now in the catalog, the descriptive thread is:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ghlight=ogival

31-114D .32 S&W Long with 2 grains Bullseye, 3.0 grains in .32 H&R Magnum and .32-20 Winchester
    31-125D .30 cal. rifle small game and gallery with 4 grains of Bullseye
    31-134D .32 S&W Long Rook Rifles with 6 grs. #2400, or as small game bullet for .303 British and 7.62x54R with 6 grains of Bullseye
    31-155D .30 cal. subsonic small game / gallery with 6 grains of Bullseye in .30-30, .30-40, and .30-'06
    35-122T heavy .380 ACP with 2.5 grains of Bullseye
    36-155D .38 Colt Special clone with 3.5 grains of Bullseye
    36-178D heavy .38 Special with 3.2 grains Bullseye, in Rugers can go up to 4.0 grains Bullseye (+P)
    36-193D heavy .38 Special with 3 grains of Bullseye and .380-200 British with 2.5 grs. Unique
    (not my design, but one of you out there had this done and I really like it!)
    36-245D stable in 16" twist subsonic with 8 grains of Bullseye in .35 Whelen and .35/.30-30
    43-225D for .44 Special and Russian with 4 grains of Bullseye
    45-198T tumble-lube .45 Cowboy Special with 4 grains of Bullseye, 5.0 in Schofield and 7.0 in .45 Colt.
    45-245D full charge 4.5 Bullseye in .45 Auto Rim and 7.0 grs. in .45 Colt Ruger with long cylinder
    45-245O for .45 Colt SAA and clones having short cylinder, use 6.5 grains of Bullseye.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 04-22-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Banned

Good stuff. I think it's wonderful that designs such as these from the past can be re-created in a brand-new product.

Gear

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, Scouter! That nose is awfully long indeed for the 38-55.
    Well like my Dad always says "Comunication works both ways!"....sorry I never updated you on it. You sent me the mold and I went to casting! When I first looked at your catalog the descriptions were one of the first things I looked at.

I cannot take credit for the design.

Tom has the 43-205J, a TC .44 flat base boolit in his catalog. I had Tom add a bevel base. He made a 5-cavity mold for me. The # is 43-205JB.

The reason I wanted this mold: for 20 years I have had a Seaco 420. It's a flat base 2-cavity mold. It's my go-to .44 Special and .44 Mag mold. The 2-cavity is slow. Tom's mold is an about ringer for the 420. I also am now sold on BB's for any handgun design that does not carry a GC.

I'm really impressed w/ the quality of Tom's product!
    Last edited by enfieldphile; 04-05-2014 at 10:33 AM.

37-095b ...re designed it for a makarov / thing i would do different make a moe narrow lube grove as it is where i would like to crimp right at the top of the groove ...
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=37-095B-D.png
    37-100 j designed this one it is perfect feeds accurate perfect to crimp , would be happy with this for my macarov if this was all i could get , i believe the trunicated cone will give more damage than a round nose at makarov velocities
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=37-100J-D.png
    and this one i just wanted a bevel base for my 35 whelen and 358 win rifles
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=36-250B-D.png
    i hav had more designs revamped a little width or bevel base or something else but these are not posted anymore , tom does great work and from design to your door is very fast ,, love his molds , with my twist
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Buddy
    I asked Tom to modify the 36-130X to remove the gas check and have a plain base. The result was the 36-130W. This was my first Accurate mold and it really didn’t occur to me that I could have had the design scaled to 140 or 150 grains. The mold casts great and I’ve got 38’s loaded up, but haven’t shot any yet. Hope it shoots somewhere near the sights in my old 38-44 HD.

Later, I asked Tom to scale the 36-130W up for the 44, and the result was the 43-240W, which casts right at 240gr from WW.

Haven’t shot any of these, either, it’s been just durn cold here in Minnesota.
    Last edited by AKtinman; 04-04-2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Add photo

Boolit Buddy
    Tom and I worked together to come up with the 51-450C and 51-450D. I had asked him to duplicate the nose similar to (if I remember correctly) his 46-300 series, and give me both plain base and gas checked versions in the same mold. The intent of this bullet was for a Browning 1886 rechambered to 50-100-450. In retrospect, there were some issues feeding this bullet in the rifle due to the nose profile.

When converting an 1886 (originals I understand were mostly hand modified to take the large cartridge), there is quite a bit of work which has to go into the loading gate area, and magazine tube entrance. The rounded nose profile of these two bullets effectively lengthens the cartridge when trying to angle them into the loading gate. That is the first problem. The second problem arises when the carrier lifts the front of the cartridge and tries to lever it at an angle into the chamber. The rounded nose hits the top of the chamber at the same time the brass wedges against the lower lip of the chamber. Both of these conditions would not have existed if I had paid more attention to the original nose design which really is more similar to the 51-350S.

The luck of it was, before I sent the rifle off to John Madl for reconfiguration to the 50-100 caliber, I had the mold in hand, and had sent plenty of bullets for him to ensure feeding and chambering. So with a lot of work, he managed to make it do fine. After talking to John though, it became apparent that even in the originals, what one rifle would allow verses what another seemingly identical rifle would allow might be vastly different due to the hand worked nature of each rifle to accept the overly large cartridge. So just because my rifle had some feeding issues initially, doesn’t mean that they will exist in anyone else’s rifle.

Ed

Tom & I worked together to create the 45-231E

Tom worked with me to design this one. it's a .45 for revolvers, a TC, BB, with a bevel on the bottom of the crimp groove. In ww it weighs 235 grains. I already loaded some in .45 Colt cases. I will also use it in .45AR and ACP cases w/ Moon clips.

The new 45-231E is inspired by 45-230E. Check out the mold in the link.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=45-231E-D.png

Last edited by enfieldphile; 04-25-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Boolit Buddy

I wanted the Franken-boolit for my 95 Steyr, so I found a drawing and sent it Accurate with my dimensions, and the 33-235B was created. Shoots great in my Steyrs...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...lit&highlight=
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    The 502-725W shoots great casts great and has been leaving the barrel at 1100 fps over Sr4759 bangs on both ends.